There are so many wacky things about the Z10 but one that annoys the **** out if me is that the alarm doesn't work when the phone is off. Or am I alone on this?

Having Facebook and Twitter in the hub is annoying. If there's a way of deleting them please let me know.

I can't seem to pinch or zoom on any page anywhere. It moves the entire page. In yahoo mail i get text that doesn't fit the screen and can't adjust it making me wait til I get to my notebook or iPad. Email like an amazon ad with html images show up as question marks. Wtf is that about and how do you change it?

Honestly I'm near my 14th day and about ready to trade this for a Bold.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 08:32 PM
    Obviously the alarm doesn't work when the device is off. This is no BBOS, a power off actually means powering it off.

You can keep Facebook and Twitter away from the hub in the hub settings.
    Hub > 3 dots > settings > hub management
    Novaone likes this.
    03-30-13 08:37 PM
    There are so many wacky things about the Z10 but one that annoys the **** out if me is that the alarm doesn't work when the phone is off. Or am I alone on this?

Having Facebook and Twitter in the hub is annoying. If there's a way of deleting them please let me know.

I can't seem to pinch or zoom on any page anywhere. It moves the entire page. In yahoo mail i get text that doesn't fit the screen and can't adjust it making me wait til I get to my notebook or iPad. Email like an amazon ad with html images show up as question marks. Wtf is that about and how do you change it?

Honestly I'm near my 14th day and about ready to trade this for a Bold.

Posted via CB10
    No way to wake the phone when asleep? Wow, the previous BBOS did that.
    03-30-13 08:38 PM

"Having Facebook and Twitter in the hub is annoying. If there's a way of deleting them please let me know."

You can set your phone so that BOTH Facebook and Twitter don't send notifications to your hub, I got tired of Twitter so I simply went in to Settings > Accounts > Twitter/Facebook, click on each one, then turn off (DISABLE) notifications and you're all set, NO MORE Facebook/Twitter notifications in your Hub!
    I hope that this helps you sir.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 08:42 PM
    No way to wake the phone when asleep? Wow, the previous BBOS did that.
    They didn't switch off. Only went into hibernation mode.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 08:43 PM
    They didn't switch off. Only went into hibernation mode.

Posted via CB10
    I said it first! yippee!
    / childish behaviour
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-30-13 08:51 PM
    You get the question marks because images in emails are not downloaded automatically for privacy/security reasons.

Tap "Load external images" to download the images in an open email.

You can change this in the hub: Settings -> Display and Actions -> Download Images Automatically (on or off).

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 08:52 PM
    Even alarm wont work on iphone or android when the phone is off.
    pandapurple and John Pawling like this.
    03-30-13 09:58 PM
    Iiked on legacy that I could turn it "Off " and it would not use battery yet alarm would go off in the morning
    03-30-13 10:19 PM
    Iiked on legacy that I could turn it "Off " and it would not use battery yet alarm would go off in the morning
    Exactly...This worked great and I used it frequently...like when traveling...So I'm only left to leave the phone on, drain my battery to have the alarm work now? That's lame.
    04-01-13 11:15 AM
    Exactly...This worked great and I used it frequently...like when traveling...So I'm only left to leave the phone on, drain my battery to have the alarm work now? That's lame.
    You could leave it plugged in. That's what I do.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 11:26 AM
    Obviously the alarm doesn't work when the device is off. This is no BBOS
    this IS a BBOS.. 10.. that was one of the best things about turning the phone off, was that you could still get your alarm to wake you up, without having to have the phone on and mess with bedside mode settings, which on BBOS10 don't allow you to change bedside mode settings. i also hate that there is no dedicated button to change from vibrate mode to normal mode.
    04-01-13 11:26 AM
    Yup. Had it on previous bb's. And the Android I just switched from. It's a miss or fail or whatever. Bedside mode is pretty but I'm not wired mentally to leave the z10 plugged in so it'll be pretty while I sleep. I prefer to turn a charged phone off, alarm wakes the phone and then me up. I go to work with my fully charged phone.

Cmon blackberry... wt..

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 11:36 PM
    I also think this should he added back in. It is annoying to use up 5-10% with radios turned off just for an alarm.

Posted via Red Z10
    04-03-13 12:10 AM