Chain of events.
    Old Z10 backed up to Link.
    New Z10 restored from back up.
    No Android apps will work, not even Ghost Commander downloaded from BB World.

Attempted solution:
    Security Wipe. Update OS to current Verizon release.
    Download Ghost Commander from BB World, and it installs and works great. Download a couple of other Android apps from 1 Mobile work great.
    Full Restore from back up and no android apps work just like before.

Something in the Android world is not getting copied over.
    I don't have a lot of apps and I'm fine not restoring that so how to I do a device switch but don't transfer all the android apps?
    Is is possible to selectively choose which apps at restored?
    Thanks
    -mickey
    01-26-15 01:18 PM
    To a degree you can do a selective restore... give it a try if you want.

I've tried to do a number of restores over the last couple of years... only a couple worked without causing more problems that they were worth.

I have all data Synced to the Cloud via either OneDrive or Active Sync for my Documents and Email/Contacts/Calendar. And I only play games that sync to FaceBook.
    01-26-15 01:32 PM
    I am not sure but sometimes a restoration that "restores" the Android runtime (or some android module) can have that result.
    01-27-15 12:53 PM
    I am not sure but sometimes a restoration that "restores" the Android runtime (or some android module) can have that result.
    so I need to reinstall my Android runtime?
    I've tried restoring from back up a few times, each time selecting less and less things to restore, and so far it's the same thing each time.
    01-28-15 09:33 PM
    so I need to reinstall my Android runtime?
    I've tried restoring from back up a few times, each time selecting less and less things to restore, and so far it's the same thing each time.
    Actually, I don't know how to fix it, if a restore is part of the process. I finally just reloaded the OS and did NOT restore. I had separate backups of my contacts and calendar using 3rd party apps. I always have my music/photos on my computer. Email restores when you add the accounts again. In other words, I just dealt with manually restoring my phone.

BUT that does not mean that you cannot do it some other way. I know folks restore all the time. But in my case, I could not solve it and decided to go the manual route.

I don't know why others are not chiming in.
    01-29-15 09:30 AM
    I'm almost to that point.
    I've got everything backed up. There's nothing I have to have from a restore.
    Silly me I thought I'd save some time by doing it this way rather than re downloading every app, and getting all their settings set up, but that may not be the case.
    I don't want to keep chasing my tail.
    The only thing I don't have a 3rd party app for is text messages.

Anyone else in crackberry land have an opinion?

edt:
    After several restores, and wipes and restores again.
    This time I did a full restore, but the only thing I unchecked was the "blackberry runtime"
    everything seems to be working so far
    Last edited by Mick-e; 01-29-15 at 01:08 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-29-15 10:17 AM
    The time I ran into the issue, even UNchecking the BB runtime did not help me. Glad you got it back.
    01-30-15 08:47 PM