Dear BB Community

I hope you can help me with this tiresome issue.

Since the spring of 2013 I own a Z10. As far I am also pleased with the smartphone and OS10.

However, this week the message preview was distorted in any Whatsapp and BBM message. As reaction I have rebooted the device. After restarting, everything was as before, but after inserting my code a messeage appeared on the screen:

"Your media card is encrypted to another device. If you want to use the media card in this device , go to the settings" storage and access " and format the media card. "

I tried then to decrypt the mediacard on the settings of the Z10 , again and again the same error message . Even if I remove the Micro SD and reinsert it, it appears again the same error message. Now I have no longer access to many business documents and private documents, which is worse for me. Because im working a lot with my BB. Formatting the media card therefore is out of question.

Did anyone of experienced this issue with a BB10 Device, or know how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance for the help and kind regards Nico

PS : I have a SanDisk Micro SD 32GB
    On the Z10 , I have the OS version 10.2.0.424
    11-27-13 08:02 AM
    Has far has I know you must go to the same BlackBerry that you use before and uncrytp that media card then you could use it in the new device

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 08:05 AM
    The Problem is, i didnt change the device. It is the same Z10. The error message occoured after a simple restart of the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 08:10 AM
    Did you try a second reboot, or OS upgrade, but after all that try to connect to your laptop to see is you can from your computer take your encrypted problem to solve

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 08:30 AM
    You can backup the card on your computer and then format it and move your stuff back on to the card when you're done.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 08:37 AM
    I had the same problem after formatting the SD card (16gb SanDisk class 10) I'd been using in my old Android phone and putting it in the Z10. I found that if I used the 'format Media card' command, it would be Ok, until the phone restarted, then it would become inaccessible again. I low level formatted it in Windows, but eventually stopped using it and bought a new, 32gb Samsung one, which works fine.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 09:41 AM
    My wife had one of my older 32gb SD cards in her phone and one day it stopped working. It was freezing up the device and even froze my PC when connected, barely able to recover the files.

SD card unfortunately have a limited life span, generally measures in read / writes. Was this an older card?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 09:45 AM
    @obaquerizo, after several restarts there is no improving. I have the current OS update for my region, there is no other at the moment.

@D_March, I connected the Z10 with my computer and with BB-Link i have tried to synchronise the documents to my computer. But a meassage appears that i dont have the permission to copy these datas on my computer.

@Niallac: after you low level formatted it in Windows, where there any documents/pictures you could rescue?
    11-27-13 09:50 AM
    You can get a separate reader device that you can plug into your computer and put the sdcard in it and then copy the contents. But if they are encrypted, that might not help. Although, you could then format the card and copy the data back and see if you can use it then.

CAUTION - if you format the card, all data will be lost. I would not count on being able to recover anything.

So, this is the device that the card has been working in with no problems. You did not change your bbid? So only restarted the phone and had this problem? What brand of card and how large is it? As suggested, maybe coincidentally the card went bad at this time.

Good luck
    11-27-13 10:15 AM
    Thanks for your advice.

Yes just a simple restart, then the problem occured. It is a SanDisk with a capacity of 32GB. Everything with the Mediacard was very smooth no problems at all. it is very disappoiting because from my point of view i did not make any manipulation that provocated that issue.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 10:33 AM
    @ F2: forgot to say i did not change the BBID.

Ive tried to run copy the data with a SD reader to my computer. But no chance i dont have the permission to do that, thats what windows tells me.

So my only chance is to go to my retailer and give him the phone, that he can send it to BlackBerry. But i am very Disappointed, this should not happen with a phone that is made to help you in your daily business.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 05:45 AM
    @ F2: forgot to say i did not change the BBID.

Ive tried to run copy the data with a SD reader to my computer. But no chance i dont have the permission to do that, thats what windows tells me.

So my only chance is to go to my retailer and give him the phone, that he can send it to BlackBerry. But i am very Disappointed, this should not happen with a phone that is made to help you in your daily business.

Posted via CB10
    I am really sorry to read about your continued problems. I hope that they can fix it and recover your data. But it certainly warns me to back up any unique data (like pictures or documents) more frequently. I also will say that I do NOT encrypt data on my card - most of it is not very private, like music or photos.
    11-28-13 10:12 AM