Okay, first - I'm enjoying the Z10. All in all, I think it's a good start.

Here are my comments after a few days -
    - Love the virtual keyboard.
    - Swiping is working well, and the phone is fluid and responsive.
    - LTE for me on this phone is working FAST (Verizon)
    - email is syncing with my Gmail, but not happy about the 30 day limit. Lets not argue that here, I know others have their own opinion about that issue, and there are threads for those discussions. I wish it went back 6 months - lets see what happens.
    - I have my calendar and contacts syncing with MS Outlook through an outlook.com account. This seems to be working okay, BUT - I HATE that it integrated fb and Twitter contacts. I keep UN-SELECTING that option, and it is RE-SELECTED after a re-boot. I see NO way of fixing this at this time (I'm on the Verizon 10.0.9.422). I have gone through and un-linked my contacts from their fb and Twitter contact, so now at least the info is not all jumbled up. Also, every contact wound up with a strange entry in the Anniversary field of "January 1, 4501". I have no idea where this came from - I'm guessing a bug in the sync with Outlook. I have been going through each contact and manually removing this Anniversary, but with hundreds of contacts, it's quite tedious.
    - I used to "Delete on Handheld Only" - but now I am filing instead of deleting. It gets emails out of my HUB, but leaves them accessible on other computers, and even if I want to pull it up again on my Z10 by going into the Gmail folder where I filed it. This is a fine alternative to "Delete on Handheld Only" for me - in fact I actually like it better. By the way, it remembers where you file emails based on the sender, and brings you right to that folder next time you file something from that same sender - making it pretty quick to do.
    - Not so happy about notifications. That has already been discussed, and there are threads on it already, but in a nutshell, I have 5 email accounts and used to use a different sound for each on my older BB. I would know the urgency of an incoming email just by the sound. This is not possible with the Z10. Also, our older BB's had profiles for Loud, Normal, Medium, Silent... - I found those very useful because of my line of work. I need it loud in noisy field environments, Medium for other indoor situations - I miss those. Wishing for notifications to be improved upon.
    - I like "Remember". I'm using it, and hoping that they build and expand upon the usefulness of that feature.
    - Battery got me through the day. Maybe 20 emails, 30-40 txt's, 10 calls, a bunch of browsing and fb, and a lot of just taking it out, unlocking it and looking at it. :-)
    - Calendar entries, (and Contact entries for that matter) need to support a "CATEGORY" field! This should not have been left out - please add it.
    - BB Link - still needs work. There is a problem with the current version and Document Syncing on Win8 (at least) - related to folder creation (described in another thread). I have disabled Document syncing for now until it is fixed. Also, for some reason, I could not complete a backup in the directory it defaulted to for device backup - but I seem to have resolved it by selecting a different directory (at least it worked once).

That's it for now. I really like how the phone performs. It is not surprising that there are a few things that should be addressed, and I have no regrets about diving in. I look forward to seeing how BB can build upon this first effort with future enhancements.
    Last edited by jhimmel; 04-01-13 at 06:31 PM.
    04-01-13 05:33 PM
    Thanks for the impressions.

I have been able to backup my Verizon unit. Strange that it didn't work for you.
    04-01-13 05:43 PM
    Thanks for the review! keep them coming everyone
    04-01-13 05:51 PM
    Great idea about the folder on the email side of things.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 05:58 PM
    Okay, have tried changing the "Device Backup Location" in BB Link (just for the heck of it), and the backup completed. No idea why it was failing in the default location. I guess I will watch to see what happens next time.
    04-01-13 06:27 PM