Hallo, I think that I have very specific problem.
    I got my FB acc on my Z10, it downloaded all my FB friends and I deleted ones I don't need. And one that I need
    So, now, for that friend I have Name and fb account address. But when I go to Contacts>FB contacts>Add new and there I type in Name, Last name and Social address, it just stays like that. It won't pull down all fb info like it did for all my other friends. For example, birth date, picture etc... Is there a way to make Z10 pull down that info from FB? Will it do on it's own? Or do I have to delete FB acc (on phone) and add it again so it can load ALL my FB contacts, just for me to remove ones I don't need (quite a few) and this time leave this one in my phone.
    10-04-13 06:12 PM
    I'd recommend removing and re-adding the account, because even if you're in the FB friends section of contacts, when you create a new contact it is saved to local storage and not to FB or any other specific account. Not very user-friendly, but at least the fix is kinda easy to do.

There's plenty of things that need to be fixed in the contacts app, from the beginning it's been the biggest pain in the **** of all the native apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 06:17 PM
    I'd recommend removing and re-adding the account, because even if you're in the FB friends section of contacts, when you create a new contact it is saved to local storage and not to FB or any other specific account. Not very user-friendly, but at least the fix is kinda easy to do.

There's plenty of things that need to be fixed in the contacts app, from the beginning it's been the biggest pain in the **** of all the native apps.

Posted via CB10
    Actually when I add contact while in FB section it adds contact to Local, Gmail and my PC (it says 3 links) but it doesn't add it to FB. I tried that with option in Settings>Accounts>Facebook>Find Friends> On and Off, and it's all the same. It adds contacts to all other "sections" but not to FB. And it's not just simple as removing unwanted FB contacts, I would also have to re-link them all again witch is quite long process. If some solution doesn't come up, I will not have this contact on FB :/
    10-04-13 06:25 PM
    What OS version are you using? The contact app in 10.2. leaks got the linking problem fixed, so it links most of your contacts automatically, you only have to add the ones with different names (like John vs. Johny). So after removing and re-adding your account you should get the deleted contacts back, but I'm afraid that you simply can't add a new FB contact directly from the Contacts app, it only saves to Local storage, you have to add it manually via FB and have it synced later if I understood your problem correctly. I almost lost lots of contacts after a clean OS install because I didn't know it would save them to local memory even if I had my contacts synced with Google.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 08:34 AM
    I'm still on 10.1, waiting for official 10.2 I don't like leaked stuff

I cannot just add contact while in FB section of contacts, it just adds them localy adn to gmail.
    Only solution offered so far is to delete FB acc, get all contacts and remove ones I don't need, and that's a huge job for me.
    10-07-13 05:49 PM
    It's your choice of course, but I don't think there's a rational reason for being afraid of leaks. For example the last one - 10.2.1.575 adds a whole bunch of new features and fixes including an option to choose an account when saving a newly added contact, that could solve your problem. Plus a lot of people think that leaks could be infected with some viruses (or virusi if there are any passionate linguists around ), but the leakers don't edit the software at all, they just can't. The difference between leaked and official OS is only that not all leaked builds make it to the official distribution (only the latest ones with most of bugs fixed) and that official OS is first tested and released via carriers. Plus the new leaks have lots of stuff from the 10.1 already fixed, contacts app is improved a lot, linking of contacts is fixed and it has a new black theme.

Just sayin'

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 05:58 AM