SOLVED
    I got a bumper type case for my Z10, one that is similar to those made for the iPhone 4 back in 2010 when it had that notorious antenna problem. An actual recessed headphone jack was deliberately built into the original iPhone to stop people using their own headphones. But you get the idea of what's going on.

The bumper case causes the headphone jack on my Z10 to be recessed, therefore it can't be connected to anything because the jack on my headphones and other audio gear is too wide to fit through the clearance! Here's a photo. The red lines indicate where the jack plug fails to clear the recess cutout.

Adapter needed - that damn recessed headphone jack strikes again! What do I do?-img_0492_edit.jpg

I need some sort of adapter, something like this...
    Adapter needed - that damn recessed headphone jack strikes again! What do I do?-apple-tty-adapter-iphone.jpg

This is an official Apple TTY adapter. This would be great, except that it is designed for TTY use and the port adapts to a smaller 2.5mm socket! So something similar but with a 3.5mm socket.

But NOT like this...
    Adapter needed - that damn recessed headphone jack strikes again! What do I do?-apple-iphone-smartphone-recessed-35mm-jack-headphone-adapter-extension-plug-black_16428_.jpg

I don't want any extra cabling, I just want a straight through solid 3.5mm jack to 3.5mm socket. A quick eBay and Amazon search turned up blank, only finding ones with additional cabling.

Can anybody find me one for a reasonable price which ships to the UK or is UK stock?
    Last edited by Someone7272; 07-24-16 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Solved
    07-15-16 09:02 PM
    I got a bumper type case for my Z10, one that is similar to those made for the iPhone 4 back in 2010 when it had that notorious antenna problem. An actual recessed headphone jack was deliberately built into the original iPhone to stop people using their own headphones. But you get the idea of what's going on.

The bumper case causes the headphone jack on my Z10 to be recessed, therefore it can't be connected to anything because the jack on my headphones and other audio gear is too wide to fit through the clearance! Here's a photo. The red lines indicate where the jack plug fails to clear the recess cutout.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0492_EDIT.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	119.5 KB 
ID:	404077

I need some sort of adapter, something like this...

Name:	Apple-TTY-Adapter-iPhone.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	404078

This is an official Apple TTY adapter. This would be great, except that it is designed for TTY use and the port adapts to a smaller 2.5mm socket! So something similar but with a 3.5mm socket.

But NOT like this...

Name:	apple-iphone-smartphone-recessed-35mm-jack-headphone-adapter-extension-plug-black_16428_.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	404079

I don't want any extra cabling, I just want a straight through solid 3.5mm jack to 3.5mm socket. A quick eBay and Amazon search turned up blank, only finding ones with additional cabling.

Can anybody find me one for a reasonable price which ships to the UK or is UK stock?
    I am surprised that you found the one with the cabling.
    I think the probability of finding what you are looking for are very low because you are looking for an adapter that doesn't adapt.
    How about drilling out the whole in the case?

Or you could use two adapters like the first two shown here Audio Adapters - Monoprice.com
    07-15-16 11:31 PM
    I had the same issue. I simply purchased a different aux cable and headphones with a smaller diameter plug in head and solved the problem. My Z10 is still looking like new. In the Ballistic Bumper case. I got it 2 days after the release of the Z10 and as yet had no issues with it.

Beamed via my Z10.
    07-16-16 12:14 AM
    Hmmm... Why not just remove the bumper case when using the headphones?

*ME173X
    07-16-16 12:32 AM
    07-16-16 12:36 AM
    I am surprised that you found the one with the cabling.
    I think the probability of finding what you are looking for are very low because you are looking for an adapter that doesn't adapt.
    How about drilling out the whole in the case?

Or you could use two adapters like the first two shown here Audio Adapters - Monoprice.com
    Okay then, extension, adapter, same thing if you wanna be pedantic. You knew what I was saying dawg. These whatever-you-wanna-call-them do exist, it's just a matter of finding them, that's the point of this topic.

The monoprice ones are too wide to fit inside the case with the recess.

Hmmm... Why not just remove the bumper case when using the headphones?
    Because last time I did that, I dropped my poor Z10 and the screen smashed into a million pieces. Had to get BlackBerry to replace the device. Therefore, it must have protection at all times.

Use a Dremel?
    I've also tried drilling out the hole and it just cracked the bumper completely, I had to trash it and get another bumper.
    Check the picture again, there isn't a lot of room to drill without destroying it.
    07-16-16 08:31 PM
    Let's get back to meaningful discussion. I found one which proves that it does actually exist...
    Adapter needed - that damn recessed headphone jack strikes again! What do I do?-_10.jpg
    But it's from some shady Chinese comapny, and I don't trust them. I haven't been able to find them on eBay (except ships from China) or Amazon. Should I risk it knowing that these Chinese eBay sellers generally are hit and miss? They're only 99p a go including postage and packing.
    07-16-16 08:57 PM
    07-16-16 09:41 PM
    Okay then, extension, adapter, same thing if you wanna be pedantic. You knew what I was saying dawg.
    Glad someone Googled it for ya dawg.
    Just TM likes this.
    07-16-16 10:16 PM
    Thanks, that's just what I was looking for.

Glad someone Googled it for ya dawg.
    He knew what to look for, I didn't and that's why I couldn't find it. thurask knows his stuff.
    07-24-16 12:43 PM