04-22-13 01:27 PM
48 12
tools
    I don't mind that they move when I click a new one but like someone said I wish you could pin certain ones. Cuz some apps must be open in the active frame to work but the more apps you open they start closing the ones that aren't being used (ex: be buzz)

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 10:03 AM
    Don't care really. I compulsively close them anyways

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 10:22 AM
    I am just curious, what type of apps do people keep running in Active Frames ?

And what is the benefit in say keeping FB running there vs. just clicking FB when you want ?
    I mean any FB messages would anyway show up in Hub - won't they.
    04-11-13 10:43 AM

And what is the benefit in say keeping FB running there vs. just clicking FB when you want ?
    BeWeather
    VitalSigns
    Calander (not as often)

Tim
    04-11-13 11:27 AM
    Not sure why, but I always have the urge to close my active frames. I just thought the question would engage in interesting conversation
    04-11-13 11:53 AM

If your even using the Facebook app period you should not be. It has about 5% of the features that m.facebook.com has. Do yourself a favor and pin the mobile page to your desktop it'll work exactly like the app but tens times better. The native Facebook is only good for integration so msgs and such end up in the hub. Otherwise there's no benefit of using the app or keeping it in an active frame.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 12:54 PM
    The new API's... hopefully with the 10.1 release are supposed to do this.
    Highly unlikely those api's will be available by the time 10.1 comes out unless they hold it back and implement it within 10.1.

Reason I say this is that from what I have heard and read, the headless api's probably won't be available until after may, which is when BlackBerry world conference takes place.

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-11-13 05:40 PM
    Considering the active frames idea is taken from Meego, Maybe it would be nice if the frames could be minimised when pinching the screen so that you can see them ALL... just like on the Nokia N9.

Some of the frames have no useful information and some aren't the prettiest visually.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 06:04 PM
    Not sure why, but I always have the urge to close my active frames. I just thought the question would engage in interesting conversation
    i close mine all the time.
    But i would be fully supportive of the suggestion even if i do not see anyway it benefits me right now.
    you can never have too many options
    04-11-13 06:07 PM
    Navi, if you're talking about 'pinning' an active frame to a specific position on the active frames screen, absolutely yes. I would love to have the option to keep an app, such as a weather app, in one spot so it's always in the same place no matter what else is running or what I've accessed last.
    peter9477 and rnhld like this.
    04-11-13 06:15 PM
    Yes, definitely.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    04-11-13 06:38 PM
    Maybe they can make certain active frames minimised... egg. just a small icon showing at the bottom for bg running ones... so that it need not always be am active frame... tbh the current frames are not that... aesthetically pleasing atm so i do hope they will allow us to customise the looks!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 03:23 AM
    Yep. A lock to keep them there after you've moved them would also be a welcomed addition. I hate having to constantly fish for my weather and stocks apps.
    04-12-13 03:43 AM
    Well more customization the better I'd say. If you want to close app and let it go to the front so be it, or of you can move them around, that is fine too. I say why not?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 04:29 AM
    yes pin active frame will be good.and also smaller frame i guess? and option to move them arround.
    also i found if only the search function is reset if we press again. it will be more convenient. rather than everytime want to use it again, it come back to last work.
    04-17-13 01:56 AM
    I think it would be best if they had a feature like this - flick it up and it continues the way we already know how it works. But if you flick up then continue holding it, then you got the option which part you want it to be placed. This way if u want a priority app you can automatically place it on top or below.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 02:04 AM
    Two comments.

1. The active part slows my recognition of the app. They should add an icon of the app in the corner of the active tile at least.

2. The re-sort after use also slows recognition of the previously used app. Maybe adding #1 would help resolve that though.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.0.10.85)
    04-17-13 02:31 AM
    I wish there was an option to turn active frames off because it makes some transition when you tap on an active frame, it takes a lot of time to open because of that one transition. Apps that don't support active frames open up way faster!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 06:17 AM
    Yea I would like it. They would be more like widgets that I can customize. Right now I basically keep the same 2 apps at the top of my active frame list. I glance at them for quick info.

I would also like apps to have the ability to run in the background without having to be in left open in an active frame state.
    04-17-13 07:31 AM
    I kill frames as I'm done with them, so no for me.
    04-17-13 07:43 AM
    Yes.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 08:26 AM
    I think it would be best if they had a feature like this - flick it up and it continues the way we already know how it works. But if you flick up then continue holding it, then you got the option which part you want it to be placed. This way if u want a priority app you can automatically place it on top or below.

Posted via CB10
    How about.

Click the "X" and it kills the app.

Flick it up and it remains active but closes the active frame

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    04-17-13 08:33 AM
    Does anyone else think that the active frames should be a swipe to the right I find myself having to swipe two times from my home screen to the HUB pretty annoying why can't the "Active frames " be a swipe to the left??? Anybody else find the active frames in a bad spot!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 01:27 PM
48 12