I love my z10.

But one thing I have been finding myself do is accidentally call someone and I can't hit the cancel button before it makes the call!

I have to wait til there's an actual ringing tone and by that time it is too late.

Is there a way that we can get around this?
    Pandastrong likes this.
    04-22-13 05:52 PM
    I personally find it takes a second to call and by then I'm spamming the bottom of the screen for when the "End Call button comes up.
    Haven't had anyone ask me why I called them for people I've accidentally started calling.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    04-22-13 05:55 PM
    It happened to me last week, during the night. I woke my boss up. I just couldn't get a hold to the end button before it was actually ringing. Hope the phone app will be more responsive with future updates. I've now removed the callers list from the hub, it helps but doesn't fix the problem.
    04-22-13 05:59 PM
    It happened to me last week, during the night. I woke my boss up. I just couldn't get a hold to the end button before it was actually ringing. Hope the phone app will be more responsive with future updates. I've now removed the callers list from the hub, it helps but doesn't fix the problem.
    Great reply! It always happens in the hub. When you scroll through some thing and you think its a message instead of a call.

I always leave my hub open, and sometimes i forget to lock it before i put it on my pocket and it sometimes calls people as well.

I should definitely leave phone calls out of the hub and wait until the new update fixes the "End call" button to be working right away.
    04-22-13 06:02 PM
    Yeah it takes time for the end call button to register. Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 06:15 PM
    Now that I think about it...

Is it even possible to take phone calls out of the hub?
    04-22-13 06:16 PM
    Now that I think about it...

Is it even possible to take phone calls out of the hub?
    You can prevent it from showing in the main "Hub" view. Just go into the settings. "Hub Management " and deselect whatever you don't want to appear on the main hub view.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 06:17 PM
    I put all my emails in the hub and the rest I leave separate. It would be nice if we could add other hubs, such as all messaging apps,social networking apps,etc. All grouped separately in their own type of hub.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 06:21 PM
    It has happened to me a couple of times while playing with contacts. Yes mostly it is too late before it responds to cancel the call.

Posted from my lovely Z10
    04-22-13 06:27 PM
    Lol. You found a problem with having such a snappy o/sw

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 06:32 PM
    Lol. You found a problem with having such a snappy o/sw

Posted via CB10
    Hmm no its a problem with most unlocked touch phones. But easily fixed by having auto lock set to 2mins

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 06:48 PM
    Agreed with OP. This has happened to me many times. I can spam the end button as much as I want, and it doesn't matter because it won't cancel the call before the phone starts ringing.
    04-22-13 07:07 PM
    Hasn't been a problem so far, but i'm sure it could be if you dial by mistake
    04-22-13 07:37 PM
    Yeah for some reason it only happens when you accidently call from the Hub. If you accidently dial from the phone app, you can cancel the call really fast.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:37 PM
    I just wish it wouldn’t automatically phone someone when you touch a number on the HUB. There should be a second press required, that is considering the HUB is full of tons of other stuff that can be freely clicked without bothering other people.
    04-22-13 07:52 PM
    Happened to me today. I heard in 10.1 the call app now opens instantly. Would anyone like to confirm?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 08:29 PM
    Yeah for some reason it only happens when you accidently call from the Hub. If you accidently dial from the phone app, you can cancel the call really fast.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, maybe that's why I have always been able to cancel it quickly. I have thus far only accidentally called someone in the phone app. Rarely ever from the Hub.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 10:52 PM
    Amen to this thread. Wish Hub required a verification click to dial out. Always gets me when I think I'm clicking on a voice mail!

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 12:51 AM
    Amen to this thread. Wish Hub required a verification click to dial out. Always gets me when I think I'm clicking on a voice mail!

Posted via CB10
    Agree, it should ask you "Are you sure you want call so and so number..." this would solve the problem of accidental dialling...
    04-23-13 01:37 AM
    Spamming the "End Call" button works for me. Apparently, the phone app has been fixed with the next update and it's no longer "sluggish"
    04-23-13 02:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    I was just thinking the same thing. Hasn't happened to me

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    04-23-13 02:59 AM
    Another reason why I will miss the dedicated red physical END call key

Try ending a call while multi-tasking

BB10 to end a call

1) Swipe up from current app (browser)
    2) tap on Phone Call active frame to bring up the phone options
    - a) Caller says, you still there? Hang up!
    - b) No you hang up
    3) End call

BB OS7 & below

1) End Call (from anywhere)
    DocDRM likes this.
    04-23-13 03:10 AM