The Seidio Convert Combo holster has a pretty sturdy clip. I don't usually clip it to my pants or belt; I clip it to the TacTie strap on my Maxpedition MPB, visor in vehicles, and in my big truck on the power divider guard. From that standpoint, it's outstanding compared to those I've owned in the past, and yes, I've sat down and broken a few when clipping it in my front pocket the way you would a Spyderco.

I used my Z10 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    07-21-13 11:07 AM
    After a couple of weeks I realized that Z10 without case and with a screen protector is the best combo. Sleek design can't be hide in case.

Z10 STL100-1 for personal and 9360 for business
    07-21-13 01:37 PM
    After a couple of weeks I realized that Z10 without case and with a screen protector is the best combo. Sleek design can't be hide in case.

I must agree, but I'm not that brave! At least once every two weeks my Z slides off my lap and hits the ground. I'm a fanatic when it comes to scratches and dings. So unless I'm home standing on carpet, my precious has an outfit.

Posted via Zeppelin!
    Mic_JP likes this.
    07-21-13 03:50 PM
    I must say with a collection of many cases, we are really liking these transform cases we got yesterday.

Presented by Dr. Emmett Brown on BlackBerry Z41
    Last edited by bubbbab; 07-22-13 at 12:27 AM.
    jamesharmeling and robkd like this.
    07-21-13 06:41 PM
    Ok 2 questions.

1) how's the reception with this case on? I've been reading that some of the older BlackBerry phones were affected.

2) Where can I buy this product? They don't even sell it on there own website.

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    1. so far i use, no problem with the signal.
    2. i bought in local store in indonesia, i think they dont sell overseas, price in here range from 12-20usd, maybe capdase havent update their web, try contact their customer service.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 09:40 PM
    I love the functionality of holster clips, but the three I've had I break when I sit, it's always catching on something. Is there no solution to this?

Posted via CB10
    Exactly why I don't use plastic holster clips.

Z10
    07-21-13 11:26 PM

How do you transport it, in your pocket?

Z10
    07-21-13 11:29 PM
    I had a couple of different Seidio cases for my iPhone, I always found them to be good. I had a problem with the build quality of one case, but they sent me a replacement no problem. Didn't even want the defective one back.

I admit now though that I use the Z10 with the BlackBerry leather holder because I like to use the device with no case on it. But I work in an office, so I don't need the protection!
    I'm a fan of leather holster but needed something to wear phone for transport.

Z10
    07-21-13 11:30 PM
    Office case - leather swivel holster
    Weekend case - transform shell red
    Travel case - otterbox defender series

*currently I'm survey the wood case by casemate.. is it worth to buy? Since I see the price looks pricy..

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 11:37 PM
    I have my bag with a dedicate pouch for my Z10. It is not originally made for Z10 but it fits. I do not prefer to carry my phone in pockets especially those with keys and coins.

07-22-13 02:32 PM
    Did anyone try that crackberry case?

07-22-13 02:33 PM
    My bag.

Attachment 185283
    Attached Thumbnails The ABSOLUTE best Z10 case!-img_00000119.jpg  
    Last edited by AleksanVuk; 07-23-13 at 04:02 AM.
    rexrim likes this.
    07-23-13 02:54 AM
    After months of owning this case, I can still say it is the best available. There has only been one issue I have encountered and it is the kickstand. Seidio had the kickstand direction to reveal the volume controls when in landscape mode on the kickstand, but that covers up two more important items: the HDMI port and the USB port. Since the USB port is used for charging, it kind of becomes important for long periods of use such as gaming and movies. I have figured out a fast and simple fix to this, as long as you don't care that the word Seidio on the kickstand will be upside down. Take the entire case apart. On the bottom half of the case, the part with the kickstand, put it flat so the felt side is facing up. Take a knife or something similar such as an eyeglass flat screwdriver and pry back one corner of the felt. Pull the felt back HALFWAY. That's all you need to remove the kickstand. Take the kickstand out and try to salvage the other half of the felt by pulling the kickstand away from the felt. Put the kickstand back in with Seidio upside down. Push the good half of the felt back down on the kickstand. If you have time and money, you could just replace the whole thing, but if you don't, I used a piece of paper towel to cover the missing half of the felt. Pop the phone back in and put the entire case back together. Now you can use the kickstand and charge and/or use HDMI!

11-11-13 12:00 PM
    I stand corrected. The Otterbox Defender for the Z10 is a much more comfortable case. Just rip the cheap screen cover out.

11-20-13 06:15 PM
    Nearly six months and several different cases later, for heavy duty rugged protection on the Z10 with the limited options available, I have narrowed it down to two cases (omitting my original vote for the absolutely best case): the Otterbox Defender Series case, and the Trident Kraken A.M.S. case. The choices included things such as my ability to shift any part of the case on the outside (which means loose silicone if exposed or any other external component) and overall assembly. Your decision should be based on your needs. The Otterbox has the most solid outer silicone sleeve I have seen of any Otterbox case period; it's as if an entirely different material was used to make it. It doesn't shift on the edges at all. It is solid. The holster has a tiny magnet that rarely puts the phone to sleep, but it is a sturdy holster. The clip ratchets well, and locks open for kickstand mode, but it is plastic and feels like with repeated use it might eventually break. The clip also has play to it but that's not a huge deal. The holster can be used on the front or back of the phone. All ports are covered and allow easy access with a gap for a fingernail. The biggest complaint with this case is too much coverage at the bottom of the screen (covers up the BlackBerry logo) , but gestures are still possible regardless. If you don't need a holster, the Kraken is for you. I prefer this design (though a very strange styling on the rear with the louvers) because the silicone sleeve is on the inside with a hard plastic assembly on the outside. The screen obstruction is less on this case with the BlackBerry logo in plain sight. All ports are covered, and I like the added touch that they are labeled. The power button is easier to press than the Otterbox, possibly too easy at times when placing the phone in your pocket. All four corners of the case are reinforced with rubber bumpers and extra rubber reinforcement can be found on the top, bottom, and sides as well. The biggest draw to this case is the A.M.S. system. You get a metal kickstand off the bat with the case that is thick and sturdy and locks when closed, but it can be flipped to open in the other direction without modification or tools. Then there is the compatibility with all A.M.S. Accessories. The case includes a strange clip-on belt clip which only goes on across the screen and not the back, and it is a pain to situate, but once in place, it has a death grip (I don't use it) . So that's my verdict on Z10 cases. Hopefully this helps in some way.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 11:53 AM
    Nearly six months and several different cases later, for heavy duty rugged protection on the Z10 with the limited options available, I have narrowed it down to two cases (omitting my original vote for the absolutely best case): the Otterbox Defender Series case, and the Trident Kraken A.M.S. case. The choices included things such as my ability to shift any part of the case on the outside (which means loose silicone if exposed or any other external component) and overall assembly. Your decision should be based on your needs. The Otterbox has the most solid outer silicone sleeve I have seen of any Otterbox case period; it's as if an entirely different material was used to make it. It doesn't shift on the edges at all. It is solid. The holster has a tiny magnet that rarely puts the phone to sleep, but it is a sturdy holster. The clip ratchets well, and locks open for kickstand mode, but it is plastic and feels like with repeated use it might eventually break. The clip also has play to it but that's not a huge deal. The holster can be used on the front or back of the phone. All ports are covered and allow easy access with a gap for a fingernail. The biggest complaint with this case is too much coverage at the bottom of the screen (covers up the BlackBerry logo) , but gestures are still possible regardless. If you don't need a holster, the Kraken is for you. I prefer this design (though a very strange styling on the rear with the louvers) because the silicone sleeve is on the inside with a hard plastic assembly on the outside. The screen obstruction is less on this case with the BlackBerry logo in plain sight. All ports are covered, and I like the added touch that they are labeled. The power button is easier to press than the Otterbox, possibly too easy at times when placing the phone in your pocket. All four corners of the case are reinforced with rubber bumpers and extra rubber reinforcement can be found on the top, bottom, and sides as well. The biggest draw to this case is the A.M.S. system. You get a metal kickstand off the bat with the case that is thick and sturdy and locks when closed, but it can be flipped to open in the other direction without modification or tools. Then there is the compatibility with all A.M.S. Accessories. The case includes a strange clip-on belt clip which only goes on across the screen and not the back, and it is a pain to situate, but once in place, it has a death grip (I don't use it) . So that's my verdict on Z10 cases. Hopefully this helps in some way.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you about the OtterBox case. Yes the gestures are somewhat inhibited, but I have gotten used to that. Have had it on my Z10 since April. I have large hands and the outer silicone case feels very comfortable and secure to hold. Plus, I work in a pretty rough environment and I need the protection. I still use the OtterBox screen protector. Mine lays flat on my screen with little to no problem, other than taking it all apart to clean it from time to time. I actually took the case off over the Holidays to experience the Z10 naked, but I didn't like it. It felt like it was going to slip out of my hand and the screen was too sensitive! I'll stick with the OtterBox.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 01:46 PM
141 ... 456