After reading all these post I bought a transform case from CB $29.00 free shipping. When I am fishing I can chuck it inside of my Otterbox and it is is good to 300ft.
    07-20-13 04:33 PM
    Looks absolutely hideous, get insurance and don't worry about dropping your phone. I don't see why people buy such beautiful devices and ruin it with a case!!
    slade632 likes this.
    07-20-13 04:58 PM
    12 concrete steps my Z10 bounced...Seidio Active case (blue) in holster, just slipped out of my hand....picked it up and used it right away...i like my case/holster...needed the holster because of all the moving, heights, wiring, and electronics I have to work with. Still can't believe it survived the bouncing down concrete steps

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 05:49 PM
    If I was in the army, this case would do wonders.

This case is like having a hummer for city driving.

Posted via CB10
    Mic_JP likes this.
    07-20-13 06:00 PM
    Screens are made with better materials to where they aren't as necessary as they used to be.

I used my Z10 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    I started off not using a screen protector on my Z10 but after 2 weeks, I noticed a diagonal scuff line at the bottom of the screen. Guess it was from my finger nail when I was doing the swiping gesture. It didn't really rub off and I didn't want to try too hard to remove it, so I just stuck a screen protector onto the phone.
    07-20-13 06:22 PM
    I like my cases like I like my women. Not that chunky. But not too lean that it would break
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-20-13 06:46 PM
    I have Amazon.com: Seidio BD2-HK3BBZ10K-PR ACTIVE Metal Kickstand Case and Holster Combo for BlackBerry Z10 - Retail Packaging - Amethyst: Cell Phones & Accessories And I LOVE it!! Great protection! (comes in many colors, from $31.64 with FREE shipping on Amazon.com).

Also have Ghost Armor screen protector. Best screen protector I've ever tried.
    Mic_JP likes this.
    07-20-13 06:47 PM
    If I was in the army, this case would do wonders.

This case is like having a hummer for city driving.

Posted via CB10
    I am ex military, and you're right. SatCom radios and Pelicans just make rugged cases like the Seidio Convert Combo feel second nature. Definitely up there with a Humvee in the civilian sector.

vgorous likes this.
    07-20-13 07:05 PM
    I wouldn't know.

So are you going to upgrade your case soon after reading all the posts following your best case boast which no one agreed with?

Z10
    07-20-13 07:15 PM
    No, I know exactly what you are talking about. If you can imagine a closepin, the outter half of the clip broke off from the inner. I am going to contact Seidio to see if I can literally just get that part, which locks onto the actual holster.
    My case has done this twice in 4 months, it seems to be a 2 part clip. It has acted like a breakaway clip when I have been in a tight spot and had the phone hang up on something both times. I was able to push the two parts together again and it has worked with no problems since. Try on your belt clip and see if this works, you have to push quite hard.

Posted via CB10
    idockter likes this.
    07-20-13 07:28 PM
    Best case ever, in reality, depends on what priority is more important ; style or protection. Also depends on user and environment of phone. People with kids may even consider that when getting a case, or if they are completely uncoordinated and careless. Personally have no need for the thickest brick case out there because it's not necessary. Not using acase is not very practical. A two part system which is what I use allows for convenient carry along waist in an unobtrusive manner and thus is two levels of protection. Combined with a sleek platinum brand case on phone and a simple screen protector, the best of both worlds, looks and protection is achieved.

Z10
    idockter likes this.
    07-20-13 07:28 PM
    I wouldn't know.

So are you going to upgrade your case soon after reading all the posts following your best case boast which no one agreed with?

Z10
    It would help to understand what you are saying /responding to if you'll quote the post like I'm doing here. I'm not sure why you have been writing and responding the way you have(?). Is the idea of writing something like "I'm glad you found a case you like, let me show you the one I like..." something that you don't like doing? It's called mutual respect and sharing. I suspect that you are either a kid or a lonely adult with the idea that "Bad attention is better than no attention at all".

The case you shared is pretty cool and I like it a lot. But we all have our own preferences and reasons that we chose the one we did. No case is "better" than another. So, please relax bro. Reading your posts really puts a bad light on you. And shame on the op for getting drawn into your trolling.

Posted via Zeppelin!
    07-20-13 07:34 PM
    No built in screen protector. Whenever they are built in, I just rip them off and throw them away; they are usually crap and trap dust anyways. Includes a separate screen protector through the usual peel-and-stick method. I don't recommend screen protectors much anymore. Screens are made with better materials to where they aren't as necessary as they used to be.

Screen protectors are best if you plan on reselling at some point. I have also read about glass screen protectors, but haven't gotten to use one yet.
    07-20-13 07:36 PM
    I know James. I apologize to the thread. I'm better than that.

jamesharmeling and Mic_JP like this.
    07-20-13 08:36 PM
    Wife and I just grabbed transform cases to try. Staples clearance 12 bucks each.

Presented by Dr. Emmett Brown on BlackBerry Z41
    That's what I have on my Z right now too. Bought the case on release day in Canada. Still rocking it, but now that I see that red Capdase case I might have to make a new purchase.

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    07-20-13 09:52 PM
    MINE Better. Capdase Brand.

Attachment 184434

Attachment 184435

Red metalik is alumunium.
    Red flat is rubber.
    And got clear screen protector.

I bought 18 usd.
    And more cheaper model start from 5 usd in my city.

Posted via CB10
    Ok 2 questions.

1) how's the reception with this case on? I've been reading that some of the older BlackBerry phones were affected.

2) Where can I buy this product? They don't even sell it on there own website.

07-20-13 10:11 PM
    I just ordered the Convert off of Amazon. It?s perfect for my line of work (I'm a cop!!) during work I can have the robust protection that I need, when off duty I can just rock the surface case!

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 10:45 PM
    Ok 2 questions.

1) how's the reception with this case on? I've been reading that some of the older BlackBerry phones were affected.

2) Where can I buy this product? They don't even sell it on there own website.

I'd like to know the same thing!

Posted via Zeppelin!
    07-20-13 10:53 PM
    It would help to understand what you are saying /responding to if you'll quote the post like I'm doing here. I'm not sure why you have been writing and responding the way you have(?). Is the idea of writing something like "I'm glad you found a case you like, let me show you the one I like..." something that you don't like doing? It's called mutual respect and sharing. I suspect that you are either a kid or a lonely adult with the idea that "Bad attention is better than no attention at all".

The case you shared is pretty cool and I like it a lot. But we all have our own preferences and reasons that we chose the one we did. No case is "better" than another. So, please relax bro. Reading your posts really puts a bad light on you. And shame on the op for getting drawn into your trolling.

Posted via Zeppelin!
    I am accustomed to replies showing up under the previous poster. But if you read the entire thread you see that on a good amount of replies I used quotes. Some are just additions to the thread.

Interesting analysis of yours. I think the op finally made the right choice in not continuing to respond.

I'm glad you like the case I mentioned. Your stock just went up!

Z10
    07-20-13 11:56 PM
    Taking about smartphone case, have you heard about minisuit? I stumble upon this case shop from amazonwhen I was looking for an affordable case and screen protector for my android phone.

I have heard from a friend on yahoo answer that this shop offers cheap but durable electronic accessories. If there's anyone here who have tried making purchases with this shop please let me know. So far I like the feedback I heard from their customers. I hope I will receive feedback from this forum too.

I am thinking about buying a case for my z10 from this shop but not until I'll get some of your comments and opinions.

Thanks.
    07-21-13 06:03 AM
    I have this case and can verify that is gives very good protection. I dropped my phone from head height onto concrete and nothing happened. The case didn't even get a mark.

I tried the otter box and hated the limitation on gestures, this case gives plenty of room for all gestures.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 06:40 AM
    I think the best case if it can be called like that is a bumper, unfortunately theres not a metallic bumper that would give an even more elegant look to the z10, btw yours very nice too.
    07-21-13 07:23 AM
    I think the best case if it can be called like that is a bumper, unfortunately theres not a metallic bumper that would give an even more elegant look to the z10, btw yours very nice too.
    I just ordered a couple of bumpers off of Ebay last week. I bought one from Amazon months ago, but it had some sharp edges around the port openings that bugged the crap out of me. Hopefully, these other ones don't have that same issue.

Posted via Zeppelin!
    07-21-13 07:52 AM
    I had a couple of different Seidio cases for my iPhone, I always found them to be good. I had a problem with the build quality of one case, but they sent me a replacement no problem. Didn't even want the defective one back.

I admit now though that I use the Z10 with the BlackBerry leather holder because I like to use the device with no case on it. But I work in an office, so I don't need the protection!
    07-21-13 10:26 AM
    I love the functionality of holster clips, but the three I've had I break when I sit, it's always catching on something. Is there no solution to this?

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 10:52 AM
141 ... 3456