Interesting how my manhood is questioned by someone wearing a green plaid shirt with a name of nerd, are you some sort of internet tough guy? If you ever get a chance, try out the platinum case. It also comes with the holster clip some people like, I'm not one of them.
    07-19-13 09:51 PM
    Thanks! I'm looking for cases for when I get my Z10.

Wow, that's absurd. The Z10 might be my first BlackBerry without an Otterbox case.
    Yeah I had the defender for about two hours before returning it to best buy. tons of missed gestures, feels bad on my had, feels bulky in my pocket (I never use a holster), dust collects under the built in screen protector. For protection, 10/10, everything else, 1/10.

Presented by Dr. Emmett Brown on BlackBerry Z41
    07-19-13 09:53 PM
    Now that case, I can agree is great design, but not my cup of tea. I also don't carry something as large as the z10 in my pocket. Nor do I wear suits daily and wear in an inner breast pocket. I'm assuming there is nothing on the backside of that folder? Leather is looking top notch.
    07-19-13 09:54 PM
    Thanks! I'm looking for cases for when I get my Z10.

Wow, that's absurd. The Z10 might be my first BlackBerry without an Otterbox case.
    Definitely mine. Love the commuter but Otter won't be making that model for the Z10.

07-19-13 09:56 PM
    I didn't say the other half sucked. I said I don't use it. I don't prefer plastic clip holsters. My BMW seats hug me firmly and I don't need my phone accidently coming off while I'm driving, or getting in/out of my low to ground convertible. The stylish leather CASE I use offers added protection and looks and is very form fitting to the phone with the platinum case on it. When I remove the phone, the phone is still protected of course. Total peace of mind and beautiful aesthetics. Judging by your picture I'm sure I'm more critical than you are; I would never post such a picture next to my name. My car is triple black, meaning exterior , interior, and top is black. My z10 is black, case is black, and leather case is black. I'm OCD for most things when it comes to style. Keep it simple. Good luck.
    07-19-13 09:59 PM
    Oh, and if you're waiting for Otterbox to come out with a Commuter, don't hold your breath. I emailed them and they said they have no plans to make a Commuter for this phone.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah same here. They actually told me they absolutely will not be making one. I understand the business implications though. Just not enough business for it.

07-19-13 09:59 PM
    I'll have to check out the Convert case!

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 10:12 PM
    Fanny packs are usually worn by the business type, because A: they make enough money to not give a **** how dumb they look in one and B: they have never performed one physically demanding day of work in their life. You comment on my shirt, well, green is my lucky color, and what I'm smiling at you can't get with a leather phone case.

I used my Z10 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    07-19-13 11:03 PM
    What country do men wear fanny packs? Occasional men wear them here when they can't conceal their weapons any other way. But no business man I have ever seen wears a fanny pack. I'm in the states.

Z10
    07-19-13 11:17 PM
    The Seidio Active is a well-made, very nice looking case/holster for the Z10 and the first one I bought back in June. After a week I ditched it for an Otterbox Defender and am not going back even though the Defender makes swiping gestures more difficult.

The Seidio would be fine dropping a Z10 a couple feet onto the conference room table or carpeted floor, maybe even a concrete floor if it's flat.

But dropping it in the parking lot while loading stuff into the car? My bet is on the Otterbox and I won't risk such an expensive device without it. All it takes is landing face-down on a pebble and the value of the extra screen protector and OB case would be obvious.

And around here, a fanny pack means you either have a handgun or you're homosexual, attracting unwanted notice and attention either way. That's where other holster options come into play........

I think "chapa6sigma" coined the correct term for fanny-packers just above: "Occasional men".
    Last edited by Jim Wolfson; 07-19-13 at 11:34 PM.
    07-19-13 11:21 PM
    Fanny packs are usually worn by the business type, because A: they make enough money to not give a **** how dumb they look in one and B: they have never performed one physically demanding day of work in their life. You comment on my shirt, well, green is my lucky color, and what I'm smiling at you can't get with a leather phone case.

Green is a good color, it's the color of money, it's the color of my fiance eyes. I refrain from wearing bright colors or plaid. I don't understand why you bring up physical work. You don't look physically impressive but I suppose it's tough to tell from a tiny pic. I really haven't bothered browsing through current z10 products. I bought my gear the day the z10 was released. What I do know is that case you pictured is not aesthetically pleasing. That is fact. Good luck

Z10
    07-19-13 11:22 PM
    Otterbox is notorious for making phones over heat. I will never ever buy one again.
    My Z10 stays in the Otterbox Defender at all times and never gets above room temperature, except very very slightly warm when intensively used for several minutes straight. It's not a problem for this phone in this case IMHO.
    07-19-13 11:29 PM
    Are you trying to ask me out on a date, chapa? Here is a picture, also known as a "man purse". Will go splendid with that leather case.
    The ABSOLUTE best Z10 case!-big-7057b-classic-vintage-leather-men-waist-bag-fanny-pack-phone-holder-wallet-pocket.jpg

07-20-13 12:30 AM
    So chapa, I gather you like em black on the inside, black on the outside, and with a rough, leathery texture? Occasional men...you really know the fancy words. Awesome. My picture is an American act of being courteous and not afraid to show my face. I don't have any reason to be ashamed. I do well for myself and don't drive a yuppie mobile to compensate. Simple enough?

07-20-13 12:40 AM
    I hate when threads have trolls, so I'm gonna let this troll continue to excrete verbal diarrhea unless anyone else has any more inquiries about the case.

07-20-13 12:42 AM
    When picking the "best" case, do consider that some people like to swap the battery.
    07-20-13 12:44 AM
    So chapa, I gather you like em black on the inside, black on the outside, and with a rough, leathery texture? Occasional men...you really know the fancy words. Awesome. My picture is an American act of being courteous and not afraid to show my face. I don't have any reason to be ashamed. I do well for myself and don't drive a yuppie mobile to compensate. Simple enough?

Occasionally men? Black is my favorite color. There's no need to be a child, sorry I hurt your feelings. The truth that your case is subpar is confirmed by your petty remarks. And if your not ashamed of yourself, good for you. Everyone's standards are different. Good luck.

Z10
    07-20-13 01:02 AM
    Are you trying to ask me out on a date, chapa? Here is a picture, also known as a "man purse". Will go splendid with that leather case.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	big-7057b-classic-vintage-leather-men-waist-bag-fanny-pack-phone-holder-wallet-pocket.jpg 
Views:	795 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	184348

And that's not a man purse. That's just a leather fanny pack. And I've never seen a soul wear one unless they were a tourist or someone carrying a gun.

Z10
    07-20-13 01:05 AM
    Looks like a solid case but sexy it's not!

Glad you like it though. I for one absolutely hate adding any additional bulk to my phones so I went with the BlackBerry transform case. Some added protection with minimal added bulk or weight.

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    Yeah but it is called the Convert for a reason...

...The first layer of the case is the Surface case which is standalone and is really very lightweight and offers lesser protection with kickstand when you want that instead of heavy duty mode.

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    07-20-13 01:14 AM
    Lol at the guy who thinks he's the perfect example to be followed upon.
    07-20-13 01:36 AM
    Lol at the guy who thinks he's the perfect example to be followed upon.
    Your either talking about me or the op. I also have the perfect wallpaper for the z10 too

Z10
    07-20-13 01:54 AM
    Having some trouble uploading screen shot

Z10
    07-20-13 01:56 AM
    The best case is no case ;-) sorry for my statement ;-)

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 02:36 AM
    Glad I'm not all that clumsy that needs that amount of protection. I get by with a sleek BlackBerry transform case.
    07-20-13 06:24 AM
    I thought I broke my clip off of the holster about 30 min after I got it.
    At least on mine, there is a lock slide button on the opposite side of the clip where the phone sits. Ends up I had moved it to the unlock position by mistake. I though it was an unlock to rotate the clip.
    Ends up it locks & unlocks the clip from the holder.
    I put the clip back, slid the lock and all is well.
    Is it possible this is all that happened to yours?

Posted via CB10
    No, I know exactly what you are talking about. If you can imagine a closepin, the outter half of the clip broke off from the inner. I am going to contact Seidio to see if I can literally just get that part, which locks onto the actual holster.
    07-20-13 07:05 AM
141 12345 ...