Why are screen changes SO slow on this phone? The phone is blazing fast in every way... except when sending a text/email/bbm, and then going back a screen to go to the next text/email/bbm. It takes SO long for the menu to close and to load the new one. It really makes me want to flip out. I'm very quick and efficient with my phone, and thats not possible when menu loads take several seconds sometimes.

Is there a fix or setting I can manipulate?
    12-06-13 03:35 PM
    Mine is zippy all over. Try a hard reset using volume rockers.

Tapped out on Halle (Black)Berry aka Z10STL100-3 running 10.2.0.1803
    12-06-13 03:42 PM
    So when you open a text message, it opens instantaneously? When you send a text message and swipe back to the main Text screen, it happens instantaneously? If you send a text, and put in a spelling correction or extra line immediately after sending it, it happens immediately?

If you've answered yes to any of those questions, I hate you. Mine takes SO damn long to do any of those.

Hard reset... can I do a hard reset then re-implement a backup? Whats volume rockers?
    12-06-13 03:50 PM
    Ugg I've done battery pulls. Its done this for nearly as long as I can remember. It makes multi-tasking a bear.
    12-06-13 03:56 PM
    So when you open a text message, it opens instantaneously? When you send a text message and swipe back to the main Text screen, it happens instantaneously? If you send a text, and put in a spelling correction or extra line immediately after sending it, it happens immediately?

If you've answered yes to any of those questions, I hate you. Mine takes SO damn long to do any of those.

Hard reset... can I do a hard reset then re-implement a backup? Whats volume rockers?
    Hate away. I answered yes to all.
    Reset is not a reload of the OS. It's holding the up and down volume keys on the right side of your device down together till the phone restarts at the BlackBerry logo.

12-06-13 04:56 PM
    Ugg I've done battery pulls. Its done this for nearly as long as I can remember. It makes multi-tasking a bear.
    If reset doesn't work, backup and then reload the os. You can load your data on to the clean install but don't restore 'settings '

85_305 likes this.
    12-06-13 04:58 PM
    Alright this is going to be lengthy, and NONE of this would have been possible without the very up close and personal help from genesis 101.

ALL of my problems that I've ever experienced with this blackberry, since purchasing it 1-month out from its a ATT America debut, have been FIXED.

I had to do a complete backup of the phone. Not that I can use it, since using it would re-corrupt my phone, but its a perfect safety net.

I had to backup all of my contacts to my sim card, which I have never done before. I also synced them w/ Link.

I moved EVERYTHING from the device, to the SD card. This can be done through file manager.
    \
    I backed up all of my media in a media-only backup, just to quadruple ensure no data loss.

I synced all of my calendar entries w/ my email account, and also a large chunk of my contacts w/ my email account.

Before I did a complete security wipe of my phone, I removed the media and sim card just to ensure they wouldn't be wiped out.

The security wipe took a good, I'd say, 3-4 hours. Probably having to deal with the corruption issues my phone experienced.

BBM info is all stored via your BB ID. Not the actual messages, per se, but all of the IMPORTANT stuff was.

Now w/ my phone being wiped and only the contacts/media/calendar stuff being restored (NOT from link.......), my phone has NEVER run this good. The battery life is utterly amazing... I can go ALL day w/ abusing my phone to hell and back and still have a ton of battery life left at midnight (phone on at 7ish am).

The phone is wicked fast; menu changes are instantaneous, multi tasking is way fast, there is zero lag anywhere. Going beteen text convos is lightening fast.

I'd say in the past 3 weeks since rebuilding my phone from scratch, my text hub locked up 3x. Every single time its been from an annoying iphone user that sends message after message after message without taking a breath in between, and I Just happened to open that conversation thread the SECOND I also recieved another message. Changing from white background to black background fixed it in 3 seconds. Tops. Some of my convos before the wipe literally took NINE SECONDS to open... yes 9seconds to just load a text convo before my reload.

All thanks to genesis101 for being the only one to really scratch his head and test his patience for me and hold my hand in fixing this.

IMPORTANT:

I tried numerous utilities and even PAID FOR APPS to delete my corrupted text conversations... some of the best SMS apps out there, and you CANNOT delete corrupted text conversations with them. I promise you. You NEED to wipe the phone to clear that corruption out of the system..

For the record, for over a year of owning this phone I only found out a few months ago that doing battery pulls is BAD juju for these phones. ITs possible my battery pulling that I've carried onwards from my previous blackberries is what contributed to this.
    06-01-14 05:29 PM