This guy reviews every phone that comes out. He does it the best. Here ya go
    Last edited by Italiannyc; 02-13-13 at 06:48 PM.
    02-13-13 06:30 PM

Part 2.. The awkward moment when the phone freezes during the review, and lags badly.
    Last edited by Italiannyc; 02-13-13 at 06:47 PM.
    02-13-13 06:32 PM
    I started a new thread about this because CrackBerry's similar thread suggestion algorithm failed to notify me of this one.

Oh well... Here are my two cents.

I physically felt sick to my stomach as he was schizophrenically jumping in and out of apps, half-a**ed swiping from the bottom, and ultimately making the Z10 look like a bag of trash. If you watch it with the sound turned off it actually looks like it's in fast forward mode.

I was a little upset when BlackBerry world somewhat crashed when he was looking at music, but at the same time, I'm pretty sure he had 8 applications running and he doesn't understand the concept of memory allocation. No normal user would treat their phone like that. I have never had a problem with BlackBerry World crashing.
    meganVee and zyben like this.
    02-14-13 10:17 AM
    I'm pretty sure he had 8 applications running and he doesn't understand the concept of memory allocation. No normal user would treat their phone like that. I have never had a problem with BlackBerry World crashing.
    A "normal user" shouldn't care about how many apps are running nor should they care about memory allocation. Only tech. geeks care about that crap. That's the job of the operating system, not the user. It's also safe to say that normal users aren't on tech. sites, they are the average Joe's that know little to nothing of their phone's inner workings, and expect their devices to work out-of-the-box.
    02-14-13 10:51 AM
    A "normal user" shouldn't care about how many apps are running nor should they care about memory allocation. Only tech. geeks care about that crap. That's the job of the operating system, not the user. It's also safe to say that normal users aren't on tech. sites, they are the average Joe's that know little to nothing of their phone's inner workings, and expect their devices to work out-of-the-box.

You missed the point of my post...

I was stating that Aaron is not a normal user, so to put the Z10 under the pressure test like he did is not representative of how it would function for the majority of people. As a professional tech blogger, he should be able to adjust.

Take, for example, his review of the iPhone 5, which he also had trouble with (look it up if you're curious). It was a rare glitch, but he still decided to focus on it.
    02-14-13 11:24 AM
    The phone didn't crash, but App World kind of went left on him. Since there are few moving parts to that, as a technical person I can't believe it isnt something network related possibly
    Last edited by undone; 02-14-13 at 01:01 PM. Reason: missed a word...doh
    02-14-13 11:34 AM
    Once again making excuses for the Z10s lack of performance. :/ If the phone can't handle 8 applications then why allow it to?
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    GoJaysGo likes this.
    02-14-13 11:52 AM
    to put the Z10 under the pressure test like he did is not representative of how it would function for the majority of people.
    Isn't that the point of a test? Put it under pressure? I think that's more of a real world test than, opening and closing down apps. Do you think mom and dad are going in and clsoing down apps to ensure the phone will function? There's a good chance they don't even know how or why to close down an app. I'm really not sure what point your trying to make with this is. A tech blogger stressed tested your phone of choice and broke it, and now you're upset at him?
    02-14-13 11:54 AM
    I dont care about the test...every phone that will be stressed will stress ..also my s3...and still im going for BB

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk
    02-14-13 12:10 PM
    Someone with ADHD is not the right person to be demoing a phone.
    meganVee and feldmen01 like this.
    02-14-13 12:16 PM
    Once again making excuses for the Z10s lack of performance. :/ If the phone can't handle 8 applications then why allow it to?
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    You realize that no other phone actually keeps apps RUNNING simultaneously, right? iOS, Android, and WP all just maintain the illusion that they're open and maintain state in most cases (yes, there are a few exceptions for certain media functions).
    02-14-13 12:19 PM
    Not the greatest review but I think its just an honest look. Sure he was going fast and not really going slow and explaining stuff fully, but this is a review not a walkthrough.
    02-14-13 12:27 PM
    Looked like his connection to me. No data coming in.
    undone, meganVee and morrsn like this.
    02-14-13 12:30 PM
    If you feel sick, don't watch it.

The Z10 had some shortcommings in the review, nothing major. I love Aaron's reviews. Whether or not he liked it isn't going to influence my decision.

I'm still getting BB10. You're still getting BB10.

The new BlackBerry is on the rise, and there's nothing going to hold it back now. The tables are already turning.
    zyben likes this.
    02-14-13 12:30 PM
    He is like a g0ddamn hampster on speed for f*ck sake.

It was actually very annoying to watch both videos.

"...Little BlackBerry issues..."

I forgot that iOS and android are perfect... Oi Vey...

"...I am not comparing this in any way to BlackBerry 7..." Are you kidding me? How many times did he COMPARE the two??? Oh boy...

I am sorry but that was annoying.
    feldmen01 and HUNTZODIAC like this.
    02-14-13 12:39 PM
    That second part was pretty brutal. Love the look of the app store though, a lot cleaner than iOs
    02-14-13 12:53 PM
    Aaron is a small fry watch the Technobuffalo review which is much more polished

feldmen01, BeLO and HUNTZODIAC like this.
    02-14-13 02:12 PM
    I started a new thread about this because CrackBerry's similar thread suggestion algorithm failed to notify me of this one.

Oh well... Here are my two cents.

I physically felt sick to my stomach as he was schizophrenically jumping in and out of apps, half-a**ed swiping from the bottom, and ultimately making the Z10 look like a bag of trash. If you watch it with the sound turned off it actually looks like it's in fast forward mode.

I was a little upset when BlackBerry world somewhat crashed when he was looking at music, but at the same time, I'm pretty sure he had 8 applications running and he doesn't understand the concept of memory allocation. No normal user would treat their phone like that. I have never had a problem with BlackBerry World crashing.
    maybe you shouldn't invest so much emotion to a company that have nothing to do with you? its one thing to say his review suck, but another to make it seems like you are physically and emotionally affected.

imagine it was slap with an apple logo instead of bb, would you still feel sick? bet you will feel really good.

this goes for a lot of people on this site. everyone forgot this is just a company, just like every other company. love the technology, dont love the brand.
    02-14-13 03:17 PM
    If you feel sick, don't watch it.

The Z10 had some shortcommings in the review, nothing major. I love Aaron's reviews. Whether or not he liked it isn't going to influence my decision.

I'm still getting BB10. You're still getting BB10.

The new BlackBerry is on the rise, and there's nothing going to hold it back now. The tables are already turning.
    I already have my BB10! That's why it was painful to watch him flail around like a gorilla with a larva covered stick.
    meganVee likes this.
    02-14-13 03:23 PM
    maybe you shouldn't invest so much emotion to a company that have nothing to do with you? its one thing to say his review suck, but another to make it seems like you are physically and emotionally affected.

imagine it was slap with an apple logo instead of bb, would you still feel sick? bet you will feel really good.

this goes for a lot of people on this site. everyone forgot this is just a company, just like every other company. love the technology, dont love the brand.
    You're new here, so I'll remind you that this is a BlackBerry fan site. This site is for people, like me, who are invested in the company, as well as the tech behind it.
    southlander likes this.
    02-14-13 03:25 PM
    You realize that no other phone actually keeps apps RUNNING simultaneously, right? iOS, Android, and WP all just maintain the illusion that they're open and maintain state in most cases (yes, there are a few exceptions for certain media functions).
    What does that have to do with what he stated? If it can't handle 8 simultaneous applications, then why allow it? Who cares what other phones can do, this was specific to the Z10.

To everyone else trying to find excuses: stop it. It happened, the Z10 had an unfortunate hiccup. It's not perfect.

To everyone trying to blow this up to be bigger than it is: stop it. All devices have bugs to iron out. This doesn't happen to everyone, every time they use app world, so it's obviously isolated.
    meganVee likes this.
    02-14-13 04:48 PM
    Decent review overall. If things like that happen then it's important for people to know. It didn't seem to me like he was putting undue stress on the phone. But every OS has little issues like this.

Where I found his review annoying is where he implied that BB10 is just a "fresh coat of paint" over the old BBOS, even though the two share no code at all.
    02-14-13 09:38 PM
    I tried opening the music and same song and worked right away. The pictures in the music store were there instantly.

*shrugs*
    02-14-13 10:28 PM
    Yeah, he said that BlackBerry 10 was RE-SKINNED??? seriously?? This isn't iOS... It's version 1 of BlackBerry10... I hate it when reviewers are misinformed and pass that misinformation to other people watching...
    meganVee and HUNTZODIAC like this.
    02-14-13 10:50 PM
    Aaron is a small fry watch the Technobuffalo review which is much more polished

Well considering Techno buffalo pulled Aaron away from phonedog because they wanted him so bad, but he left maybe 2 weeks later because it wasn't working out, wouldn't make him a small fry. The good thing about him is he never is bias against anything, just gives his honest opinion. Very well respected.

In the end, whoever wants the phone is going to get it anyway. Its just good that people get a general idea of what could happen sometimes. I thought overall it was a good review. Said alot of positive about the phone, but pointed out the negatives he saw.

I cant wait to check out the dogfights he does with other phones against the Z10
    drcrane likes this.
    02-14-13 10:55 PM
30 12