Hey I hope this issue hasn't been addressed yet, but i was reading the leaked .1880 thread and it was brought up that on os 10.1 even if you set Gmail to a 90 day history, after a reboot of the phone it will revert back to 30 days.

I've confirmed this on the official 10.1, and the leaked 1880.

I looked in the leaked 1880 thread but couldn't find anything, so is there a resolution to fix this that has been discussed?

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 08:17 PM
    That setting is the pre pop. How far back the population of emails will occur during integration. If the emails populated. A reset changing from 90 to 30 won't change the fact that the emails are now on the device.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 08:19 PM
    That setting is the pre pop. How far back the population of emails will occur during integration. If the emails populated. A reset changing from 90 to 30 won't change the fact that the emails are now on the device.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, that is exactly what is happening. It initially downloads 90 days worth, but then you go back in and everything past 30 days has disappeared. That is the bug we are talking about.
    05-20-13 08:37 PM
    Yup, happens with my Yahoo account too on all the latest 10.1 builds. Unfortunately there is no fix except don't reboot, or delete and set up the account again.
    05-20-13 08:43 PM
    A reset changing from 90 to 30 won't change the fact that the emails are now on the device.
    It does... and they disappear from the device.
    05-20-13 08:44 PM
    Don't know if this will help, but I set up an outlook.com account and linked my primary email to it. Now have emails going back to January, even after two random rebewbs on. 1880
    05-20-13 09:22 PM
    90 day email limit being reset to 30?-img_20130492_edit.png

It's forever for me, when I changed from 30 days to forever I received all old email since 2010 come to my device!!!

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails 90 day email limit being reset to 30?-img_20130492.png  
    ceriously76 likes this.
    05-20-13 09:23 PM
    Yep, they disappear from the device alright.

Who is in charge of software testing at BlackBerry, Stevie Wonder? After upgrading to 10.1 and following the instructions on Crackberry for deleting and recreating the a/c, BOOM! 90 days of IMAP emails. Coolio. Then my Z90 crashed while watching BBC iPlayer and obviously had to restart.

Reading this thread I thought, no... okay, better check, aaahhh, they're gone. and under the a/c settings there is no new option for re selecting 90 days. Got to delete and recreate again.

Are you serious BlackBerry? What kind of software modification is that? It's nonsense.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by sonic_reducer; 05-20-13 at 09:54 PM.
    05-20-13 09:27 PM
    I am running 10.1 but I don't seem to even have that setting?! I am confused!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 09:30 PM
    Mine stays on forever.

...and I still have them from a year ago.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 09:33 PM
    I am running 10.1 but I don't seem to even have that setting?! I am confused!!!

Posted via CB10
    I don't have that setting for my imap or Gmail accounts., only my outlook one
    05-20-13 09:48 PM
    Don't know if this will help, but I set up an outlook.com account and linked my primary email to it. Now have emails going back to January, even after two random rebewbs on. 1880
    But then when u send out an email, it'll be sent from your outlook account and not your Gmail account?

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 10:00 PM
    Mine stays on forever.

...and I still have them from a year ago.

Posted via CB10
    Did you restart your device since changing the settings? Maybe it's just after a crash or random reboot. Mine has definitely reverted.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 10:00 PM
    But then when u send out an email, it'll be sent from your outlook account and not your Gmail account?

Posted via CB10
    I still have my primary account set up on my phone, so I send and reply from it. My outlook.com has a separate folder in the hub for my work email.

It's a work around at best, and annoying to get double incoming emails. My primary email was setup as an exchange account through network solutions, worked fine for a while and then just completely stopped.

I'm carrying my 9850 as backup for now.
    05-20-13 10:19 PM
    Finally felt the limitations of this email thing today... I thought it was to be fixed with the 10.1 update but apparently not!

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 11:02 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130492_edit.png 
Views:	1079 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	163711

It's forever for me, when I changed from 30 days to forever I received all old email since 2010 come to my device!!!

Posted via CB10
    Duhhhh - you're posting your hotmail account snapshot. There's no issue with Hotmail since it's Active Sync, unlike Gmail, which is what the OP posted and what this thread is about, which is IMAP on Gmail.
    sonic_reducer likes this.
    05-20-13 11:12 PM
    I still have my primary account set up on my phone, so I send and reply from it. My outlook.com has a separate folder in the hub for my work email.

It's a work around at best, and annoying to get double incoming emails. My primary email was setup as an exchange account through network solutions, worked fine for a while and then just completely stopped.

I'm carrying my 9850 as backup for now.
    I guess you could disable all notifications (vibrate, ring, and LED) on the primary account for incoming emails so you don't get double alerts. But it's still pretty stupid of Blackberry to not fix this bug asap.
    h20work likes this.
    05-20-13 11:38 PM
    I thought that Blackberry had officially stated that the 30 day email limit....
    ...Was by "DESIGN".

"Days to synchronize" is set to "No Limit" but the BlackBerry 10 smartphone syncs only 30 days of information
    Article ID: KB33742

Type: Support Content

Last Modified: 03-21-2013

PrintEmail Document Bookmark
    Product(s) Affected:

BlackBerry 10
    Z10
    BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10
    BlackBerry Device Service

Search the knowledge base:

Visit BlackBerry Community Support Forums Follow us on Twitter� @BlackBerryHelp Collapse all | Expand all Jump to: Environment | Overview | Cause | Workaround
    Environment

BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10
    BlackBerry Device Service 6.2
    BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.0.9.2372
    DT 6609882
    DT 6600423
    Overview

When Days to synchronize is set to No Limit in the BlackBerry Device Service Email profile settings, only 30 days of email syncs to the smartphone and the BlackBerry 10 smartphone shows Sync Timeframe as 30 days.

Note: An attempt to setup a Microsoft ActiveSync account on the smartphone without a connection to the BlackBerry Device Service also results in the same behavior.

Cause

This is currently by design on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

Workaround

Attempt a remote search to retrieve older emails.
    KB33742-"Days to synchronize" is set to "No Limit" but the BlackBerry 10 smartphone syncs only 30 days of information

If the Blackberry 10 phone was "designed" with this specific functionality removed......
    ...It stands to reason that Blackberry would themselves have to attempt "work arounds" to get that functionality back.
    ...And as is always the case with "work arounds" you never get full functionality, just a portion of it.

Perhaps the "work arounds" to restore the functionality whereas the days of email that can be accessed on the device....
    ...Will improve at some point in the future.
    ...Until then I'm sure Blackberry is working on "work arounds" to overcome how they designed the device to operate.

WE NEED TOOLS NOT TOYS - YouTube
    Last edited by pythons; 05-22-13 at 03:24 PM.
    05-22-13 02:48 PM
    I only kept 30 days of email on my 9900, I don't have an issue with it now but it would be nice if I had maybe 90 days. I think anything past that isn't needed. It would be really nice if some of my gmail folders could be always synced. Some folders I have important but very old emails in.
    05-22-13 03:35 PM
    I thought that Blackberry had officially stated that the 30 day email limit....
    ...Was by "DESIGN".
    It was - but was being changed in 10.1. You can set up your Gmail (IMAP) account to sync back 90 days now (unlimited on ActiveSync). Some types of accounts are working now with 10.1, but for Gmail and Yahoo IMAP, (at least in the leaked 10.1 builds) the setting does not "stick".
    05-22-13 04:50 PM
    Some types of accounts are working now with 10.1, but for Gmail and Yahoo IMAP, (at least in the leaked 10.1 builds) the setting does not "stick".
    My configuration is the official 10.1 from EE in the UK, phone is an STL100 and my IMAP account is with Fmail (owned by Opera now).

Setting was definitely wiped by a crash. I don't understand why it should be necessary to delete and recreate an account to change this setting. Looks like lazy coding to me.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 05:06 PM
    I'm not even getting the sync timeframe option on any of my accounts except for outlook.com. Is this part of the problem?
    05-22-13 07:08 PM
    I guess you could disable all notifications (vibrate, ring, and LED) on the primary account for incoming emails so you don't get double alerts. But it's still pretty stupid of Blackberry to not fix this bug asap.
    "Let's take the ONE thing we are known for and muck it up!"

I blame Jim.

He was still half on charge during the development
    05-22-13 07:17 PM
    I'm not even getting the sync timeframe option on any of my accounts except for outlook.com. Is this part of the problem?
    This timeframe option is available ONLY when you are setting up the account. After that, it dissappears. And even if you set it to 90 days during the initial setup, after a reset it will revert back to 30 days, and to bring it back again you'd have to set it up again.
    05-22-13 08:53 PM
    "Let's take the ONE thing we are known for and muck it up!"

I blame Jim.

He was still half on charge during the development
    I really don't care who's fault it is, I just want them to fix it. Not being able to keep my emails forever is annoying enough (although this is Google's fault), but automatically reverting from 90 to 30 days is really annoying.
    05-22-13 08:54 PM
53 123