04-22-13 07:01 PM
181 12345 ...
tools
    Maybe you setup drop box or box to sync over the cell network?
    southlander likes this.
    04-15-13 10:11 AM
    see I had a problem before with me going over my 6GB data plan (which by the way I FIND RIDICULOUS!!!!) this issue I blame my carrier because they are reporting i used 1GB of data while at my overnight job. this is hard for me to believe because at my overnight job I have to supervise servers and cooks, so at the time I supposedly used it...I couldnt have because it was during one of our busy times of the night.

anyways... so at this time with my usual usage at home and work on WIFI and out and about im at 440.8MB of data used. this is emails, whatsapp websurfing etc etc. (SO UMMM HOW THE HELL DID I GO OVER 6GBS WITH THE SAME USAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! -> STUPID CARRIER)
    The wireless carriers have no interest in the accuracy of the data usage for their subscribers as long as it favours the wireless carriers. I suggest you install the application called Data Monitor available in BlackBerry World and configure it to accurately monitor data usage on WiFi and carrier networks.
    04-15-13 10:17 AM
    With two devices and wifi on all the time and not really paying attention to my data usage, I've used 260mb in 10 days. Plus bridging with the Playbook a few times. I think thats great
    04-15-13 10:18 AM
    Never ever had my Z10 send an email without me initiating it. I really have a hard time believing that one
    04-15-13 10:22 AM
    Trust me I know this all too well.

The responses I have received from 2 different "Customer Service Reps" have been.. well its a new phone maybe you dont know how to use it. Its different than the old BB.

I sit here and laugh my a$$ off as I work for them...I sell phones for a living SO I think I am well aware of what the phone is about. And Ive used iPhones and Androids as well. So for a CSR to tell me I dont know how to use a phone is preposterous. I find it hilarious that they push the blame back on the user as well.

I know a friend of mine's brother was accused of using over 31GBs of data on his Android one month and 17GBs another. He fought that one and was credited back everything he paid.

I have no fear of going over my 6GBs of data with my normal use (as you can see above)

The wireless carriers have no interest in the accuracy of the data usage for their subscribers as long as it favours the wireless carriers. I suggest you install the application called Data Monitor available in BlackBerry World and configure it to accurately monitor data usage on WiFi and carrier networks.
    04-15-13 10:23 AM
    It is a lot. Download a data tracking app yo see what is using it up? It's not normal

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 10:27 AM
    I don't get the thing about the Z10 auto sending e-mails on it's own...but that in itself would not account 650 MB of data, unless you had large attachements with them. I've had my Z10 since 2/5 and I have looked at my data consumption each week...which on a monthly basis, doesn't exceed 1-1.5 GB. WiFi is on 70% of my day on average, but when I'm on the road, it's mobile network data only..a few days a week.

I have never had my Z10 do anything like that...
    I wonder if the email provider is causing this behavior and not handling SMTP traffic properly.

Could the people that have this issue, please post the email domain that these multiple sends are being sent to? There may be a pattern.

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    laintencion32 likes this.
    04-15-13 10:39 AM
    i used about 2 GB in a week. i have unlimited or 10GB so it's not a problem for me. I was downloading a lot of apps and just using the phone a lot. also if you take pics often and have it automatically upload to box that'll use up some data. of course this phone uses a lot more data than my 9900 but thats expected. nothing more than my iphone uses.
    04-15-13 10:45 AM
    Thats 4G LTE for you. Turn it off and go back to 3G.
    04-15-13 11:14 AM
    Verizon still offers BIS. You can have your Z10 on BIS or plain jane data. But you have to tell them. They default to a standard plan.

Why do people keep complaining about this? There is no BIS, it has been told numerous times.
    Your old BlackBerry service that used to compress data is no more.
    04-15-13 11:16 AM
    Verizon still offers BIS. You can have your Z10 on BIS or plain jane data. But you have to tell them. They default to a standard plan.
    As far as I understand, BB10 devices don't use BIS, regardless of whether your plan is BIS enabled or not.
    04-15-13 12:36 PM
    i lost 1Gigabyte in less than a day. no..i didnt download anything, only BBM + twitter a bit
    04-15-13 12:39 PM
    i lost 1Gigabyte in less than a day. no..i didnt download anything, only BBM + twitter a bit
    That is wayyy too much for that little use. Somethings amidst
    04-15-13 12:43 PM
    Mine used a crazy amount like that in the first week, but came back down after for some reason. Wait it out.
    I have the additional problem that the unlimited BBM video promo Rogers is offering messes up the ability to monitor your data use on the ny Rogers app and my Rogers website. So i cant even cit myself off if I choose to.
    I managed to turn that into unlimited data until the bbm video promo is up in February '14!!
    04-15-13 12:49 PM
    When I send a email from my computer I get a checked confirmation that a email was sent on my Z10. You could have a malware program using your acct for mass mailings. As far as the data usage most people don't realize how many times they are actually away from WiFi at times but something there doesn't seem right for sure.

Posted via CB10 via Z10 via...
    04-15-13 01:05 PM
    Same thing happened to me. Had a 20mb attachment that kept sending itself over every minute over 36 hours. Cost me more than 1.2gb. Luckily I'm on a data test run with 3 months unlimited data. Would have been really pissed if that wasn't the case. Had to delete and re-add the email account

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 01:07 PM
    About emails being sent out without you sending them - I can tell you that my aol email account got hacked one time and emails were sent that to people without my knowledge. Bear in mind it was only about 20 - 25 emails and data usage was not a problem. Also it was on a prior legacy phone about a year ago but someone got into my aol address book and those were the people who received the emails. They were were marketing emails and I knew nothing about it until people started to tell me that they were receiving crazy emails from me. I contacted aol and was told to change my password and that solved the problem because it never happened again.
    djmm2 likes this.
    04-15-13 01:13 PM
    Same with Rogers, but I'm not sure if it only applies to grandfathered plans or new plans as well. I don't have a subsidised phone and was able to keep my BIS plan for my Z10.
    04-15-13 01:23 PM
    I'm at 2 1/2 weeks with my data and I'm less than 400mb. Wifi is always on and I'm a heavy user. Unfortunately, my battery sucks ****.
    04-15-13 01:25 PM
    I do not have that issue at all.I am mostly on wifi at home and the office. I have a company issued hotspot when I run around. Therefore, my data usage is around 200 mb every month.
    04-15-13 01:28 PM
    i'm in my third month with a z10, feb data used was 247 meg, march was 947 meg and apr is showing 47meg used. not sure why the spike in march as my useage did not change
    04-15-13 01:31 PM
    If apps are left open that use data,.. they will consume
    It. Close the data hogs. I haven't changed my habits and
    I stay at about 3.5 gig a month. I have a 8 gig plan. Might drop it to 4 gig.
    Good luck with sorting out.
    04-15-13 02:43 PM
    Thanks for the validation, gees97 and xamdam.

I also thought I would check my usage for the last billing cycle and I only used 593 MB for the whole month. This actually annoys me as now I wonder why I am paying an extra $30 per month for the extra 5 GB.
    Well I pay 95.00 a month 5gb shared plan and many other features of course in the plan example: unlimited nationwide calling includes incoming as well from anyone in Canada and to Canada.

Unlimited International Text and also unlimited text in canada included To USA, but not from usa.

Plus call display, name display, voice mail and other features in plan.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-15-13 02:47 PM
    When I send a email from my computer I get a checked confirmation that a email was sent on my Z10. You could have a malware program using your acct for mass mailings. As far as the data usage most people don't realize how many times they are actually away from WiFi at times but something there doesn't seem right for sure.

Posted via CB10 via Z10 via...
    Could also be your computer that is infected and sending out the emails. You would see the sent emails from your PC if the email account on your Z10 is using IMAP. Check the email headers using your PC to verify which client is sending the emails. Just a thought I had......

04-15-13 03:01 PM
    Same thing happened to me. Had a 20mb attachment that kept sending itself over every minute over 36 hours. Cost me more than 1.2gb. Luckily I'm on a data test run with 3 months unlimited data. Would have been really pissed if that wasn't the case. Had to delete and re-add the email account

Posted via CB10
    Did you check to see how large of an email you can send with your email provider? Might be good to know, as the Z10 could be missing the code to handle "Mail is too big " errors.

04-15-13 03:04 PM
181 12345 ...