Out of those 3 weeks how many days have you spent without wifi?

Posted via CB10
    Four days a week from 6 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
    Every Saturday 9 a.m. until around 3 p.m.
    Every Sunday from 10:00 a.m. until around noon.
    04-16-13 02:33 PM
    Four days a week from 6 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
    Every Saturday 9 a.m. until around 3 p.m.
    Ok that's not bad, sorry to be picky but how much data do you use on your other devices?

Or does it all come out of the same data plan?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 02:37 PM
    Ok that's not bad, sorry to be picky but how much data do you use on your other devices?

Or does it all come out of the same data plan?

Posted via CB10
    I am using my iPhone only sporadically, to check my bus times, load to Instagram, or when the Z is charging.

It all comes out of the same plan.
    04-16-13 02:39 PM
    No free wifi in church?
    04-16-13 02:41 PM
    This is after 2 weeks on my current billing cycle. I will blast into the rest of my data soon as I stream from songza and slacker and deezer
    650mb of data in 1 week-img_00000196.png

Posted via my ZED 10 on CB10
    04-16-13 02:48 PM
    No free wifi in church?
    WOW you're good!!!!!! No, no WiFi in church!!!

I also don't log into public wifi anyway.....oh wait occasionally we go to brunch after church, and I do sometimes log into public wifi there. So sporadic wifi while at sunday brunch.
    04-16-13 02:49 PM
    This is after 2 weeks on my current billing cycle. I will blast into the rest of my data soon as I stream from songza and slacker and deezer
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000196.png 
Views:	340 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	151788

Data monitoring app name please? The one in the snapshot.

Curve 9300 > Bold 9900 +> PlayBook +> Z10
    04-16-13 02:54 PM
    WOW you're good!!!!!! No, no WiFi in church!!!
    Maybe you could volunteer in the church office and hide something behind the printer :-)
    04-16-13 02:55 PM
    Data monitoring app name please? The one in the snapshot.

Curve 9300 > Bold 9900 +> PlayBook +> Z10
    That's my carriers app from Rogers Wireless

04-16-13 03:31 PM
    It seems that there's something in the Z10 that's causing more data usage than there should be.

I've been on many different blackberry in the last 5 years (9790, 9860, 9810, 9700...), doing 95% BES email (very rarely open any attachment), occasionally use the browser to google up something or go into maps just to find a street (but don't use it as a GPS).
    Up until last week, I've only needed a 1GB monthly data plan and rarely hit 800MB in a month.
    I switched to the Z10 a week ago, upgraded to 3GB plan.
    After 5 days, it used up 1.5GB, I wiped out the Z10 with all Apps, re-setup with just email, no app, and after 1.5 day it used up another 500MB for just e-mail!!! Mostly text e-messages (about 100 in-out msgs a day).

I called my carrier and they said it's my apps, I told them I have no App, their responses is check every thing I have!

Anyone has any idea of what's causing all the extra data usage on the Z10?
    04-16-13 03:59 PM
    It seems that there's something in the Z10 that's causing more data usage than there should be.

I've been on many different blackberry in the last 5 years (9790, 9860, 9810, 9700...), doing 95% BES email (very rarely open any attachment), occasionally use the browser to google up something or go into maps just to find a street (but don't use it as a GPS).
    Up until last week, I've only needed a 1GB monthly data plan and rarely hit 800MB in a month.
    I switched to the Z10 a week ago, upgraded to 3GB plan.
    After 5 days, it used up 1.5GB, I wiped out the Z10 with all Apps, re-setup with just email, no app, and after 1.5 day it used up another 500MB for just e-mail!!! Mostly text e-messages (about 100 in-out msgs a day).

I called my carrier and they said it's my apps, I told them I have no App, their responses is check every thing I have!

Anyone has any idea of what's causing all the extra data usage on the Z10?
    Are you streaming media , watching YouTube, posting pictures on FB, sending out pics or music?

Legacy devices compressed data, you now don't have that advantage.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 04:43 PM
    Okay, this thread has me worried. I'm on a 250mb data plan (I know, right), but I connect to wi-fi everywhere I've been, including the pub! I have set App World to download only on wi-fi, am I in the same lumber everyone else is or?
    04-16-13 05:05 PM
    Okay, this thread has me worried. I'm on a 250mb data plan (I know, right), but I connect to wi-fi everywhere I've been, including the pub! I have set App World to download only on wi-fi, am I in the same lumber everyone else is or?
    I'm sorry but I think you will need more. No modern device can go a month on 250.
    04-16-13 05:10 PM
    I'm sorry but I think you will need more. No modern device can go a month on 250.
    Even if I'm connected to wi-fi all the time?
    04-16-13 05:13 PM
    Are you really connected to wifi all the time, though? I mean, when you're driving you won't be on wifi....how much do you drive to go to work or school? What if you forget to turn wifi on and stay on data? what if your wifi connection fails without you knowing and you're on data? You'd have to turn data off all the time, and it's easy to forget.

In my opinion, that's not much data. I'm sorry.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    04-16-13 05:30 PM
    I have used 230 this month. But I have been in a lot of wifi. Spent 2 weeks working and staying at a hotel. But I still used data daily over just network. Mainly Facebook, Web browser, maps and the occasional video stream.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 05:31 PM
    yeah.. I suppose the min data allowance for smartphones nowadays e.g. z10 and the competition will be 1-1.5GB a month as the minimum. if you can go larger than that's even better. phones are like computers these days, data is their feed

I'm on telstra prepaid, my recharge gives me a mere 800MB data only BUT with my main credit I can purchase a data pack (so no additional top up) so I pick the 3GB on top of my data, meaning that I have 3.8GB a month. I never use that up, in avg I use around 1-1.5 GB. 1GB if I'm mostly on wifi and 1.5GB if I'm mostly out and about.
    04-16-13 05:37 PM
    Are you really connected to wifi all the time, though? I mean, when you're driving you won't be on wifi....how much do you drive to go to work or school? What if you forget to turn wifi on and stay on data? what if your wifi connection fails without you knowing and you're on data? You'd have to turn data off all the time, and it's easy to forget.

I agree, but I'm certain I always make sure I can connect to wi-fi where ever I am. I don't drive so I walk to University, but even then, I wouldn't use my phone as much whilst I'm walking other than the odd WhatsApp, text or BBM.

Thank you for your honest opinion and I agree, 250mb isn't enough but it was the best deal I could get along with my minutes and texts. This is my first month into my contract and I'm hoping me being connected to wi-fi almost all day will conquer this small amount I've been given.

I have used 230 this month. But I have been in a lot of wifi. Spent 2 weeks working and staying at a hotel. But I still used data daily over just network. Mainly Facebook, Web browser, maps and the occasional video stream.

Posted via CB10
    Okay, this is more promising. I mean, I'm always connected and even if it isn't, I wouldn't use it as much.
    04-16-13 05:38 PM
    Haha you better keep track of your data just to be on the safe side

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    04-16-13 05:54 PM
    Haha you better keep track of your data just to be on the safe side

Too right I'm gonna!
    I'm the OP and just realized in that email I sent a 1080p clip about 6 seconds of video. But somehow after I left my house it must of resent the same email who knows how many times. Recently wiped my phone because of text messages lagging and not loading so I haven't seen any multiple emails being sent

Why didn't you mention that you're sending HD video clips in your initial post? That's a bit different from "I have no apps beside Facebook".
    Here I am at 3 and a half weeks.

Attachment 151784

Posted via CB10
    This is normal usage. Good stuff

04-16-13 05:55 PM

Agree 100%

04-16-13 05:56 PM
    Why didn't you mention that you're sending HD video clips in your initial post? That's a bit different from "I have no apps beside Facebook".
    Well I took a 6 second video of my friends car stereo and sent it to another one of my friends. I seriously didn't think it would resend resend resend resend etc.

04-16-13 06:00 PM
    I have the Z10 on AT&T and use it all the time, and have used less than 200 mb this month. Hope that helps, good luck and let us know.
    Finally. Maybe I can think about getting a Z10 without getting a second mortgage for the data plan.
    04-16-13 06:05 PM
181 ... 45678