return it man...this is only the first of the many problems you are going to face
    04-15-13 02:06 PM
    Wow. I obviously don't get out enough.

I have wifi at home and at my 2 offices. My billing cycle restarts today so this is the day I check my usage for the month. 79.2 mb. And that's on a shared 2GB plan with my husband and his android.

I've got to get out more. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 02:21 PM
    Just checked my carrier, and it says I used 0.82 mb over 2 weeks. The data monitor app shows 0.79 mb wifi over 15 days, almost zero using the phone carrier. I have used the phone constantly since I got it. Downloading apps, and pictures, lots of them. I am 90% wifi though but I spend about 7 hours/week on the phone. I am happy but I have unlimited data so I don't worry. My email is through my cable service, and I have seen it try to resend to an "undeliverable " address but only two failed attempts before it stops trying. I think I have been on my new phone a LOT! The battery is getting better too! As previously stated, I would contact my carrier, even though I know talking to them can be a hassle.
    04-15-13 02:45 PM
    Not sure about the emails you never sent thing. But that is actually not an usually large amount of data for the Z10. It is really now just like every other LTE data buffet chomping hog out there. Lol.

The only suggestion I have -- other than go back to BB OS7 (which is a valid move) -- is to make sure when you are on WiFi, you try turning off the cell radio when you know you are using data. That way you know you are pulling data over the WiFi and the phone has not "chosen" the LTE pipe due to some unknown WiFi issue you might have. Once the WiFi is known to be what is in use, turn the cell radio on again.
    04-15-13 02:55 PM
    Hi,

I have the Z10 now for 2 month and I found out that it leads to high traffic for syncing active sync for the first time. But I need way more traffic than with my 9800.
    I changed my contract to 2gb till slowing down the connection. (o2 Germany for 24,99? with all net flat).

And right now I am at 1.5GB for this month, ending in 9 days.

But off corse you need more traffic when you have a phone that can be only used better than every phone before (for me!!).
    And you don't have data compression.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 02:59 PM
    Coffee came out of my nose when i was laughing

Hi,
    But off corse you need more traffic when you have a phone that can be only used better than every phone before (for me!!).
    Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 03:02 PM
    Did you read the posts about the possibility of a small glitch in wifi. Shows connected to wifi when still using data?? It's not a confirmed glitch just a few other posters writing about their data usage going up over a day they were supposedly connected to wifi. This possibility happens when auto connecting to your favorite wifi. If you come home from work and about to do a heavy Internet session on your Z10, just turn off and on wifi quickly first.

I have a 6 gig data plan for $15 from Telus and I still turn it off and on again to make sure sometimes. Just until I stop reading these threads about overused data

Posted via CB10
    Right. LTE is so fast that if your phone fails to "switch to WiFi" for whatever reason, you'd not even know you are using cell data.
    04-15-13 03:09 PM
    Isn't 600-odd MB of data usage in a week normal? It is for me. I surely use my Z10 more than my 9900, and pay just about equivalent to what I paid on 9900 BIS. Thanks to H+ being 2 times faster than the Wifi at my home, I am ALWAYS on the carrier network. I remember using up 378MB in one night. So 650MB in a week should not be really strange. Or may be that's just me. *I haven't perused all the 5 pages here, so redundancy of answers, if any, regretted in advance.*

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-15-13 03:27 PM
    You are not the only one to have this problem. My phone sent one email over 2800 times. The problem is not with BB but with your service provider.

I am with a provider named Telus. They are well aware of the issue but say there is no fix for it. They did deduct all the data charges from my bill.

Here is the thread I had on the same issue.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...charge-781030/
    laintencion32 likes this.
    04-15-13 05:24 PM
    I'm the OP and just realized in that email I sent a 1080p clip about 6 seconds of video. But somehow after I left my house it must of resent the same email who knows how many times. Recently wiped my phone because of text messages lagging and not loading so I haven't seen any multiple emails being sent

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    04-15-13 05:30 PM
    This Z10 is not gonna last long like this. So far I used 650 mb of data and I'm connected to Wifi all the time. Yesterday I found over 40 emails that got sent out without me even sending. I used to have a bold 9930 and I wouldn't go through 650 mb in 2 months. Like I always said, every time I go out and buy a phone new I end up with a refurbished model within a month. It's bs and soo typical for BlackBerry

I understand the issues you have, but there are dozens of threads exactly like this and they are full of discussions and answers. Please try to search through them.
    04-15-13 05:31 PM
    That seems very odd!! Is it me or are most of the problems on the Verizon network??
    04-15-13 05:33 PM
    I have a feeling my emails being sent on their own could be the issue. I read in the forum how a lot of people had this issue

Contact your carrier and get them to reset your data and let them know about email issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 06:20 PM
    Contact your carrier and get them to reset your data and let them know about email issue.

Posted via CB10
    I'm going to do that as soon as I get the chance

04-15-13 06:59 PM
    One thing I suggest you check is your email sept ting to make sure there not syncing every 15 mins or 30 mins. That was a battery and data problem on my z10. Coming from bbos to bb10 you have to know that it no longer supports bis (data compression) so it will use more data as iOS and android do, the 25% you were could have contributed to your data if it was syncing/checking for emails. Browsing blackberry world, etc will also eat data off of wifi.

Also check that your not sending information to blackberry, this to can use data.
    04-15-13 07:45 PM
    I had an email send about 100 times yesterday and today....

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 07:52 PM
    I've had the phone for about a week so far, have it enable to WiFi when it can be and just checked my data usage on VZW app, which has only used .2 of the allotted 2GB. I use the phone mostly for checking my emails most and phone calls. Checked a few apps here and there; not much of a power app user and I have seen the apps available on both iPhone and now BB.

Your data usage sounds unusual, as well as the behavior of your phone with the 40 sent emails you did not send yourself. Hope it gets better.
    04-15-13 08:03 PM
    I have used 246mb this month so far I'm 50/50 between LTE and wifi and I have 14 days left on billing cycle

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 08:05 PM
    This Z10 is not gonna last long like this. So far I used 650 mb of data and I'm connected to Wifi all the time. Yesterday I found over 40 emails that got sent out without me even sending. I used to have a bold 9930 and I wouldn't go through 650 mb in 2 months. Like I always said, every time I go out and buy a phone new I end up with a refurbished model within a month. It's bs and soo typical for BlackBerry

I have been complaining about Data use since I got this phone. However, since all the fixes, it has really been my only complaint. I just do not understand how I used 3156gb of Data in 23 days. G.ranted, I stream a lot of videos, and go to a lot of picture sites, but these same activities used to never crack 800mb a month on my 9300 curve.

I am going to upgrade to the top plan with unlimited Data because I am paying that much in overages already. But I still do not see where this data is coming from. Even with the Guru. I always have Wifi on at home and work.
    04-15-13 08:06 PM
    Go find the option to send diagnostics to blackberry and turn it off. I think that fixed it for some. Sorry don't know where to find it.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 08:10 PM
    Same issue here, I'm with T-mobile and my email re-sent (about 13) of the last email I sent which had an attachment (semi-heavy), its understandable why the data gbs when through the roof... Im heading tomorrow to T-mobile store to talk to them... Im glad Im not the only one...
    04-15-13 08:10 PM
    I have been complaining about Data use since I got this phone. However, since all the fixes, it has really been my only complaint. I just do not understand how I used 3156gb of Data in 23 days. G.ranted, I stream a lot of videos, and go to a lot of picture sites, but these same activities used to never crack 800mb a month on my 9300 curve.

I am going to upgrade to the top plan with unlimited Data because I am paying that much in overages already. But I still do not see where this data is coming from. Even with the Guru. I always have Wifi on at home and work.
    3156gb? Damn how do you keep your phone charged?

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm and SDTRMG like this.
    04-15-13 08:12 PM
    I'm hoping it's an Os issue. This 10.9 needs to go already

04-15-13 08:15 PM
    I don't know about email, but my girlfriend and I both have Z10s ,hers burned data till a rodgers rep turned off data diagnostic .now hers uses next to nothing.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 08:43 PM
    Luckily I have tmobile with truly unlimited data so no worries here ;p
    You should upgrade to 5 atleast

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 08:52 PM
181 ... 23456 ...