But what were the emails? Was it resending the same ones?
    04-15-13 07:36 AM
    Did you read the posts about the possibility of a small glitch in wifi. Shows connected to wifi when still using data?? It's not a confirmed glitch just a few other posters writing about their data usage going up over a day they were supposedly connected to wifi. This possibility happens when auto connecting to your favorite wifi. If you come home from work and about to do a heavy Internet session on your Z10, just turn off and on wifi quickly first.

I have a 6 gig data plan for $15 from Telus and I still turn it off and on again to make sure sometimes. Just until I stop reading these threads about overused data

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 07:36 AM
    When I used my Z10 I was using 100-150mb per day, I have wifi at home but otherwise I'm on the road all day. I also been contacted by two clients to tell to stop sending them emails lol

Since I've been back on my 9900 I have used 200mb in 10 days with far more use.
    Haha

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    convenor likes this.
    04-15-13 07:37 AM
    There must be something wrong with your phone. I used about 650mb data in a month, and I was using it off wifi all the time. (only downloading apps, videos etc using wifi, but that's obvious stuff).

I am in the UK though.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 07:41 AM
    I don't get the thing about the Z10 auto sending e-mails on it's own...but that in itself would not account 650 MB of data, unless you had large attachements with them. I've had my Z10 since 2/5 and I have looked at my data consumption each week...which on a monthly basis, doesn't exceed 1-1.5 GB. WiFi is on 70% of my day on average, but when I'm on the road, it's mobile network data only..a few days a week.

I have never had my Z10 do anything like that...
    04-15-13 07:41 AM
    There must be something wrong with your phone. I used about 650mb data in a month, and I was using it off wifi all the time. (only downloading apps, videos etc using wifi, but that's obvious stuff).

I am in the UK though.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, do you not think there's something wrong if you're on wifi all the time and you still used 650mb?
    04-15-13 07:45 AM
    Just thinking - I came from an iphone, and so my data use habits have been the same (slight care and caution) . As you're coming from a legacy device maybe your habits are comparatively crazy.

Posted via CB10
    tjseaman likes this.
    04-15-13 07:45 AM
    Lol, do you not think there's something wrong if you're on wifi all the time and you still used 650mb?
    Ah, sorry I meant I was using it NOT on wifi a lot of the time. (whenever I'm at work, out of the house etc)

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 07:46 AM
    The data surge is kind of weird to get used to. I averaged about 250 mb per month on my Bold 9900 and then used 300 mb in the first 2 days of getting my Z10. That's without downloading videos or music. But, I also don't put my phone down now in favor of using my PlayBook to look up stuff on the Web. In fact, I've only used the PlayBook once in the last 2 weeks.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 07:50 AM
    9850 and PB using bridge for browsing. I do this 5 days a week for maybe a total of 5 or 6 hours each day for mostly full CB site, some IM, emails and other surfing. I'm not streaming music or videos and I don't surf much at all on the phone. I use just under 2gb a month.
    04-15-13 07:53 AM
    226.447MB used, 797.553MB remaining

That's my months use for data so far. I have 4 days left in the month. I have no idea what is going on with your phone.
    I have tons of apps installed and always checking facebook, twitter, linkedin etc. Two email accounts each receiving about 10 emails a day.

I get bout the same data consumption s my 9900. Maybe about 20% more at most.
    04-15-13 07:56 AM
    650mb is a lot when I have no apps besides facebook. Especially when my plan just started exactly 1 week ago and I've been on Wifi 75% of that week. That means within 2 weeks I'll be hitting my 2 gig limit on verizon

Go to settings, diagnostics is it on or off? My guess is that the setting is on and it is sending data over your network to BlackBerry. Before you get mad at BlackBerry they asked if you wanted this on the very first time you turned on your phone, but you probably just clicked yes without reading. I have the Z10 on AT&T and use it all the time, and have used less than 200 mb this month. Hope that helps, good luck and let us know.
    04-15-13 08:09 AM
    650 MB is not much. Are you a real person?

Posted via CB10
    It is if you're not doing anything on the phone to warrant the consumption. Are you a real *****?!

Stop being a smart @$$ and contribute to helping the OP. Otherwise, take a hike!

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    Spawn12 likes this.
    04-15-13 08:10 AM
    950mb is 3 weeks and that's shared Data with my playbook.

I am on WIFI mostly.

So still people the Z10 is not a DATA HOG, not sure what ppl are doing with their z10, but man it must be all the excitement they been watching in the first week cause the Z10's screen is so awesome and downloading over Mobile instead of WIFI and also have Diagnostics enabled and location services on, I wish ppl would do a search before posting a thread about this as it really is getting tiresome to keep reading it over and over.
    04-15-13 08:20 AM
    The people who keep complaining about the "data use" of the Z10, as opposed to older generation Blackberry phones, seem to not have done any research on this phone, or would know that they do not make use of BIS.

The z10 is exactly comparable to any other kind of current "smartphone", from the other brands (IPhone, Samsung devices, Nokia Windows phones, etc.) in their use of "data". Meaning they use a standard data plan.

Saying that the "z10" will not last, because of this, is ridiculous. Are we also saying that the other phone manufacturers will not last, because of equal data consumption?
    04-15-13 08:21 AM
    I have no idea if this is a lot or a little. Since April 8 to today (April 15th), I have used 94.62 MB.
    I also don't think I have too much to worry about as I have 6 GB on my plan.
    04-15-13 08:24 AM
    I have no idea if this is a lot or a little. Since April 8 to today (April 15th), I have used 94.62 MB.
    That's nothing, I have 5GB shared plan with my playbook and see what I just posted about in my above post in 3 weeks shared with PB as well.

So your doing fine.
    04-15-13 08:34 AM
    What sort of e-mail account is it? There could be a problem with the server side, preventing the e-mail from getting flagged as sent.
    04-15-13 08:46 AM
    Your fine. My plan starts on the 8th like yours and I'm already at 650mb.

04-15-13 08:47 AM
    Thanks for the validation, gees97 and xamdam.

I also thought I would check my usage for the last billing cycle and I only used 593 MB for the whole month. This actually annoys me as now I wonder why I am paying an extra $30 per month for the extra 5 GB.
    04-15-13 08:53 AM
    Go to settings, diagnostics is it on or off? My guess is that the setting is on and it is sending data over your network to BlackBerry. Before you get mad at BlackBerry they asked if you wanted this on the very first time you turned on your phone, but you probably just clicked yes without reading. I have the Z10 on AT&T and use it all the time, and have used less than 200 mb this month. Hope that helps, good luck and let us know.
    That's a good thought, before people go crazy looking, It's Settings, Security and Privacy, Diagnostics Now my rate is pretty good but watch out for gmail and hotmail as a few probs can exist - my gmail had to be reset as it dropped the account without asking. And if you have a pop based email through cable etc you may find your transmission side is not working if you had them as smtp.server.com may not work, you have to use your carrier smtp.carrierserver.net (your equivalent) many threads on this.
    04-15-13 08:56 AM
    I use wifi whenever I can, and am usually unable to connect to it at work, yet I only used around 200mb last month(Granted I'm more careful when not on wifi).
    I tend to use WiFi at home and in my own office but there is too much inherent risk with public WiFi due to the fact you have no idea whether the data is being monitored, mined, or otherwise inappropriately sniffed. The data-intensive applications on my BlackBerry Z10 are Slacker Radio and Radio Player+. If I listened to music streamed by either of these applications throughout a typical workday my data usage would reach the "additional fees per N MBs (or N GBs) part of my data plan" within a week. Maybe we'll need to deploy a VPN to provide security while using public WiFi.
    04-15-13 08:56 AM
    950mb is 3 weeks and that's shared Data with my playbook.

I am on WIFI mostly.

So still people the Z10 is not a DATA HOG, not sure what ppl are doing with their z10, but man it must be all the excitement they been watching in the first week cause the Z10's screen is so awesome and downloading over Mobile instead of WIFI and also have Diagnostics enabled and location services on, I wish ppl would do a search before posting a thread about this as it really is getting tiresome to keep reading it over and over.
    You contradicted yourself. You state that you use WiFi most of the time therefore the BlackBerry Z10 is not a data hog. Try not using WiFi most of the time and you will discover the BlackBerry Z10, like Apple iPhone and the various Google Android running smartphones on the market, are indeed data hogs when operating over a wireless carrier's network. Your claim is in the same vein as me saying, "My sailboat, not that I own a sailboat, is not a gasoline hog because most of the time the wind pushes the vessel across the water".
    04-15-13 09:02 AM
    see I had a problem before with me going over my 6GB data plan (which by the way I FIND RIDICULOUS!!!!) this issue I blame my carrier because they are reporting i used 1GB of data while at my overnight job. this is hard for me to believe because at my overnight job I have to supervise servers and cooks, so at the time I supposedly used it...I couldnt have because it was during one of our busy times of the night.

anyways... so at this time with my usual usage at home and work on WIFI and out and about im at 440.8MB of data used. this is emails, whatsapp websurfing etc etc. (SO UMMM HOW THE HELL DID I GO OVER 6GBS WITH THE SAME USAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! -> STUPID CARRIER)
    04-15-13 09:06 AM
    I monitored the diagnostics enabled traffic during February and March before disabling it during April to get a sense of the difference. The conclusion I reached is that enabling diagnostics does not significantly increase data usage; you might see a 10% increase at most but my brief testing indicated approximately 2-3% data usage increase depending on how I rounded the calculations (5 GB data plan ----> 150 MB data due to diagnostics in the enabled state, presuming my arithmetic is correct).
    04-15-13 09:11 AM
181 1234 ...