This Z10 is not gonna last long like this. So far I used 650 mb of data and I'm connected to Wifi all the time. Yesterday I found over 40 emails that got sent out without me even sending. I used to have a bold 9930 and I wouldn't go through 650 mb in 2 months. Like I always said, every time I go out and buy a phone new I end up with a refurbished model within a month. It's bs and soo typical for BlackBerry

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    cloudberry likes this.
    04-15-13 06:11 AM
    This Z10 is not gonna last long like this. So far I used 650 mb of data and I'm connected to Wifi all the time. Yesterday I found over 40 emails that got sent out without me even sending. I used to have a bold 9930 and I wouldn't go through 650 mb in 2 months. Like I always said, every time I go out and buy a phone new I end up with a refurbished model within a month. It's bs and soo typical for BlackBerry

How do you manage to have 40 emails sent that you never sent? Lol. Something not right there. Plus, 650MB isn't really much. If you're THAT worried abt data, maybe you should go back to a 9930 because no matter what new smartphone you buy, you'll be hitting that easily. Seems you have some other issues happening that you've not really made clear yet. Those emails would be a good place to elaborate.

Posted via CB10
    jesse_h, IqWaN, wasabiGT and 7 others like this.
    04-15-13 06:23 AM
    Dude, don't bash something because of your isolated issue. I use wifi whenever I can, and am usually unable to connect to it at work, yet I only used around 200mb last month(Granted I'm more careful when not on wifi). No emails have ever been sent without my approval.
    Don't know what kind of show you're running here =P
    BryanVilla likes this.
    04-15-13 06:31 AM
    650mb is a lot when I have no apps besides facebook. Especially when my plan just started exactly 1 week ago and I've been on Wifi 75% of that week. That means within 2 weeks I'll be hitting my 2 gig limit on verizon

cloudberry likes this.
    04-15-13 06:32 AM
    Dude, don't bash something because of your isolated issue. I use wifi whenever I can, and am usually unable to connect to it at work, yet I only used around 200mb last month(Granted I'm more careful when not on wifi). No emails have ever been sent without my approval.
    Don't know what kind of show you're running here =P
    What type of show does it sound like since you went through 200 mb in 1 month and I already tripled that in a 1/4 of the time? And also ended up with the same email re sending the same email every min for hours. I guess I'll call Verizon so they can credit my account some data and send me a refurbished model

04-15-13 06:37 AM
    Did you use BBM Video or Call? Or watch/upload video clips?(while not on wifi of course)
    04-15-13 06:37 AM
    Why do people keep complaining about this? There is no BIS, it has been told numerous times.
    Your old BlackBerry service that used to compress data is no more.
    southlander, SDTRMG, mnc76 and 1 others like this.
    04-15-13 06:38 AM
    That sucks about the email re-sending, but it can possibly be a minor issue. Hope you get that sorted out
    04-15-13 06:39 AM
    Initial sync of data maybe? If that is the case it should have plateaued in tour second week.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 06:40 AM
    Is Mobile Hot Spot on and open for some scrupulous person to be using your data?
    Carrier should be able to tell you how the data is being used.

Posted using CB10 via BB10 on a BB Z10
    kupfernigk and Lian Bao like this.
    04-15-13 06:45 AM
    Did you use BBM Video or Call? Or watch/upload video clips?(while not on wifi of course)
    Lol I'd have to have BBM friends to do that. Nobody uses BlackBerry around here. Everything is apple

xweb10 likes this.
    04-15-13 06:46 AM
    Is Mobile Hot Spot on and open for some scrupulous person to be using your data?

Posted using CB10 via BB10 on a BB Z10
    No hot spot active.

04-15-13 06:47 AM
    Why do people keep complaining about this? There is no BIS, it has been told numerous times.
    Your old BlackBerry service that used to compress data is no more.
    People keep complaining because their phones are using more data then it should. I'm not an ***** and I'm pretty sure we're all NOT idiots here. The most I do without Wifi is the Crackberry app and facebook news feed browsing every couple hrs

04-15-13 06:50 AM
    That sucks about the email re-sending, but it can possibly be a minor issue. Hope you get that sorted out
    Thanks. It was actually funny because I was on xbox live with my buddy and I told him:
    Umm my phone just blew up your email for the past 3 hrs.
    Friend: aww no really???
    Me: yup hahaha

04-15-13 06:54 AM
    i used over 1.3GB in a week on the Z10 but i downloaded lots of videos and had my wifi PB bridged to my Z10...i could account for every MB of data i used so i find it totally strange that 650MB of data disappeared from your plan without trace

there's gotta be something you're doing
    04-15-13 06:54 AM
    i used over 1.3GB in a week on the Z10 but i downloaded lots of videos and had my wifi PB bridged to my Z10...i could account for every MB of data i used so i find it totally strange that 650MB of data disappeared from your plan without trace

there's gotta be something you're doing
    I have a feeling my emails being sent on their own could be the issue. I read in the forum how a lot of people had this issue

04-15-13 06:56 AM
    650mb is a lot when I have no apps besides facebook. Especially when my plan just started exactly 1 week ago and I've been on Wifi 75% of that week. That means within 2 weeks I'll be hitting my 2 gig limit on verizon

So if you are on wifi then surely it wont make a blind bit of difference to your data plan?? Unless you guys over in America have it different ie here in the UK i can use wifi as much as i like and it wont affect my data plan ie it doesnt come out of my networks data plan.

For the record, ive had my z10 for over a mth and in that time, ive only used 300mb of data both on wifi and my network connection. In fact i use more data being on my own wifi than i do on my network...i just spoke to my network and they said that so far out of my 2gb allowance, ive used a total of 55mb of data.

It could be your emails being sent thats causing the issue, i havent seen that problem on my z10 as of yet ie sending of emails constantly.
    04-15-13 07:01 AM
    So if you are on wifi then surely it wont make a blind bit of difference to your data plan?? Unless you guys over in America have it different ie here in the UK i can use wifi as much as i like and it wont affect my data plan ie it doesnt come out of my networks data plan.

For the record, ive had my z10 for over a mth and in that time, ive only used 300mb of data both on wifi and my network connection. In fact i use more data being on my own wifi than i do on my network...i just spoke to my network and they said that so far out of my 2gb allowance, ive used a total of 55mb of data.

It could be your emails being sent thats causing the issue, i havent seen that problem on my z10 as of yet ie sending of emails constantly.
    I thought the email sending issues were crazy until I went into my hub and saw hundreds on checked emails that were sent a min apart

04-15-13 07:04 AM
    Delete your email account, and then re-add it.

650mb for 1 email sending 40 times.... that email must have had a pretty large attachment.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    southlander likes this.
    04-15-13 07:10 AM
    650 MB is not much. Are you a real person?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 07:15 AM
    650 MB is not much. Are you a real person?

Posted via CB10
    Are you a normal person?

Blacklatino likes this.
    04-15-13 07:20 AM
    Or maybe it's my 30 incoming emails every 10 mins from Crackberry lol. I don't keep any active frames running so I kinda rely on emails for Crackberry replies.

04-15-13 07:26 AM
    I think you're just going through an adjustment phase. I didn't browse much on my 9900 other than Facebook, newspapers, emails. I do get/send at least 25emails/day. With that kind of usage, I barely go over 200MB on 9900.

I had an android for about 2 months and I blew past limit because of the ease of browsing which caused me to browse more. An email can't possible be the reason why you're at 650MB in ONE week. An email is barely 1MB with an avg picture attached.

Just go through your app permission list, remove any unrecognized apps. Deny permission to access internet to any random app. Be careful when you browse and you should be fine...

Its that or someone used your phone/your service provider made a mistake. Even BIS won't help you in this case, BIS isn't some magic thing that can compress 650MB into 5...
    04-15-13 07:30 AM
    When I used my Z10 I was using 100-150mb per day, I have wifi at home but otherwise I'm on the road all day. I also been contacted by two clients to tell to stop sending them emails lol

Since I've been back on my 9900 I have used 200mb in 10 days with far more use.
    04-15-13 07:32 AM
    40 typical emails would be kilobytes, not megabytes. Unless you are sending jpegs from an 8MPx camera, and even then it should only be around 100Mbytes.
    Is it possible that you have emails that are failing to send and that have large attachments, and a resend is constantly being tried? I have seen a case where something (not a BB) was constantly trying to send an email with a large attachment, and failing. But I would think you would also notice that the battery life was short.
    04-15-13 07:35 AM
181 123 ...