It's a brand name Sandisk class 10 card

When I insert it in the phone I get a "Media card inserted" message but the rest of the OS doesn't recognize it, can't see it in file manager, camera app settings gray out the media card option and so on.

I was expecting to be prompted to let the phone format the card but that hasn't happened.

I tried to format the card to FAT32 in a PC but after that I don't even get the "Media card inserted" message until I reformatted it back to ExFAT

OS 10.1.0.1720
    05-22-13 08:07 AM
    Not sure why, but I like to know as I want a 64GB Sandisk SDXC class 10 card.

It is possible a bad card?

But I hope someone can shed some light on it for you and me.
    05-22-13 08:13 AM
    You should do some read write tests on the card from your pc. There shouldn't be any reason for it not accepting it. When I got mine I just popped it in, it told me it needed to format the card so I let it and now it works fine. "19.7 GB of 59.3GB used" and no issues
    05-22-13 08:16 AM
    I had a similar issue with a Kingston 64 gig class 10 card, I had inserted it, it formatted and worked for a week then i went to copy all photos off and it corrupted. Luckily i had box back up all photos but its the fact that a brand new card is now garbage and can't be repaired good luck with yours you might want to try and return it for a new one.
    05-22-13 08:32 AM
    format it with the phone and make sure on the bottom that the USB Mass Storage option is off(this is under options > Storage and Acces). you wont be able to format the media card with that on.
    05-22-13 08:46 AM
    Format the card with the phone first before using it.Only phone formatted 64Gb cards work on the Z10.Give it a try.!!!
    05-22-13 08:51 AM
    It never gives me an opportunity to format the card in the phone

All the related dialogs in the Settings->Storage and Access tab are missing with this card inserted, but present with a 32GB card inserted

Passes tests when attached to a PC
    05-22-13 09:04 AM
    It never gives me an opportunity to format the card in the phone

All the related dialogs in the Settings->Storage and Access tab are missing with this card inserted, but present with a 32GB card inserted

Passes tests when attached to a PC
    hmm I would return it for a new one as it sounds like a bad card.
    05-22-13 09:13 AM
    It's a brand name Sandisk class 10 card

When I insert it in the phone I get a "Media card inserted" message but the rest of the OS doesn't recognize it, can't see it in file manager, camera app settings gray out the media card option and so on.

I was expecting to be prompted to let the phone format the card but that hasn't happened.

I tried to format the card to FAT32 in a PC but after that I don't even get the "Media card inserted" message until I reformatted it back to ExFAT

OS 10.1.0.1720

Check this out.
    Using a 64GB microSD card on your BlackBerry 10 smartphone | CrackBerry.com
    05-22-13 11:15 AM
    Apparently you can't read, I've been trying to do that and it doesn't work....
    05-22-13 03:52 PM
    I've also got the same problem, brand new Sandisk Micro SDXC 64GB class 10 - The Z10 gives me a message indicating that the card has been inserted, however when i try to access it in the settings menu or file manager it doesn't exist.... when i pop my 32gb card back in everything functions as it should.... Im running 10.1.0.273 on Virgin Canada, im wondering if this has anything to do with the recent OS. update.....I can't find any reported problems with this other then the original post a day ago.....

Anyone else with this same problem? besides Kingofthenerds?
    05-23-13 09:18 AM
    To add to this, if i take the 64gb card out of the slot and put it back in the phone freezes solid....but if i perform the same action with the 32gb card i have no problems...
    05-23-13 09:23 AM
    To add to this, if i take the 64gb card out of the slot and put it back in the phone freezes solid....but if i perform the same action with the 32gb card i have no problems...
    then it's the card, I'd return it.
    05-23-13 09:26 AM
    Yup, I have more or less the same symptom, 1st insertion after a battery pull is always OK but sometimes inserting a memory card a 2nd or subsequent time causes the phone to freeze hard.

I'm working through the support process with SanDisk but I find it pretty difficult to believe that this is a card issue when the card works fine in elsewhere....
    05-23-13 12:03 PM
    Apparently you can't read, I've been trying to do that and it doesn't work....
    Mind the attitude, people are just trying to help.

From what you describe, I think you have a bad unit, which sucks.
    05-23-13 01:00 PM
    Mind the attitude, people are just trying to help.
    Once is trying to help, the same person posting the exact same boiler plate twice when they clearly haven't read anything but the thread title deserves a little attitude...
    05-23-13 03:04 PM
    Exchanged card for another this afternoon with the same problem, memory is definitely authentic, got it from best buy.... Definitely doesn't seem to be a SanDisk problem...works fine in my pc

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 04:58 PM
    SanDisk is going to replace the one I got, we'll see what happens when I get the replacement

I'm also going to see if I can find some co-workers who will try it in their phones.
    05-24-13 02:52 PM
    Guys I just got a Kingston 64GB Class 10 card like the poster above.
    When I took out the old 16GB card and inserted the new one, my phone didn't detect it either (so I didn't see the option to format either). I took it out and back in and the phone froze.
    So I turned the phone off totally and restarted it and sure enough, it detected the card and let me format it, so anyone having trouble, try that.
    Total space is showing as 58GB (I haven't transferred the files yet).
    I'm in the middle of copying them from the old card to the PC and hopefully the transfer goes OK. I plan on using an SD card adapter into the PC because it's faster than USB so hopefully that works without any issues.
    05-28-13 07:31 PM
    Update: Pasted all the media files. Total 23 Gigs on the new card shown in the Settings - Storage and Access - Media Card Details window, and it shows the categories of media correctly.
    But Cannot access my media files yet. I get a "Indexing Your Media Card. Files will appear shortly" pop-up when trying to see photos, music, etc...
    It's been "indexing" for 10 mins and still not done. Anyone else experience this with so much data saved on their card?
    Wondering if I should have pasted using USB instead of SD card adapter directly into the PC?
    05-28-13 10:15 PM
    Also, when I browse the card using File Manager, all the files are there and can be opened.
    Just taking forever to index.
    I'll post an update if it ever finishes.
    05-28-13 10:33 PM
    No luck guys. I left it overnight and it still didn't index.
    Can anyone help? I've tried taking the card out and putting it back in, and restarting the device, and even turning Mass Storage Mode on then back off.
    05-29-13 07:50 AM
    I had a similar issue with my 64GB sandisk card that I got off of amazon. It formatted in the phone no problem for me and it created the folders structures for me too, but when I put it in my laptop's SD card and transferred music and pics to it, it gave me the "indexing" message as well. I had to Re-format it inside the phone, plug my phone in directly into the laptop with a USB cable and then transfer all my pics and music.
    05-29-13 08:22 AM
    Thanks for that. Sandisk was willing to try replacing the card but I've been hyper-busy and hadn't gotten around to sticking it in the mail, but when I saw your note I realized I had not tried that exact sequence of operations (insert card, battery pull, open settings app and go to Storage sub menu) and voila it lets me format the card.
    06-17-13 12:18 PM