Twig Error: Failed to write cache file "sites/crackberry.com/files/twig_cache/e2/e2833c2a04d8ea2ddf3eb7664ee6a21347161938532816fc2850298dca249ec8.php". (Line 80 in /web/drupal7-20210412222622/vendor/twig/twig/src/Cache/FilesystemCache.php)
    HI, I'm new to this forum and I need some help on a problem that has been effecting me for weeks.

Everywhere online, it says that a 64gb SD or SDHC card will work with the phone.. Put the sd card in, have blackberry format it.. simple.
    I have gotten this far..
    But every time I put music in my music folder (for example 7gb's of music)... My music player will not read everything I put in and leave some folders blank. Also, It deletes folders by it's self.

Why is it deleting folders automatically? I just want to put all my music that I want on my BB Z10.. This is getting really annoying. I have a 64gb SDHC Class 10 card. Am I not formatting it right? Do I have to do a partition? Is anyone else having this problem? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!
    12-11-13 10:56 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

I am living proof that they do indeed work.

64gb SDHC card question (please help!)-img_00000092.png

So tell me, what brand is the SD?

The first issue is somewhat normal. It takes a few minutes for the OS to index the SD and display songs/images/videos in the proper apps. Just let it sit for a couple minutes and then check again. It will have to do that every time you reboot the device (which you should not have to do at all unless you have issues).

Now... Delete folders? That's new. Give us some more info (what folders, what files, file formats, file sources, etc).
    12-11-13 11:01 PM
    Ok.. I'm using my 64gb sdhc class 10 card just for music.. After blackberry z10 formats everything.. I have tons of folders like.. music, videos, photos.. which I read are too index everything so the BB Z10 reads it.. So up to that point everything seems fine, then I put my music in the music folder.. The music stock application only read about 80 percent of my music, then when I tried putting the "missing" music that were in folders on my sdhc card.. it erased other folders.. for example.. when looking at file manager it would say "40 Below Summer"-0 Files... So I would connect my BB Z10 as a mass storage, put the 40 below summer songs in the 40 below folder, then check my music again.. This time it will read that new music but delete other random music folders. I don't get why it's doing this? Also, I see that from your 64gb card you posted.. it read only 59 gb's? Mine reads 62.4 or so... So I don't understand why I'm seeing most of the space, When we all know it should take at least 2-4 gb's. I will post a picture of the SDHC card I got.. I'm not even sure of the name brand.

64gb SDHC card question (please help!)-aaa.png
    12-11-13 11:13 PM
    Not to scare you but I'm almost 100% convinced the issue is with your SD card and not your device.

That card looks like a cheap knock off to me.

Real 64gb cards go for $50+
    12-11-13 11:27 PM
    Also.. I have every band in folders.. From A-Z.. Is it because I'm putting so many folders in the music folder on my SDHC Card?
    Should I just put the songs in the "music" index folder on the sd card for faster reading and non deleting? Here's a pic...

64gb SDHC card question (please help!)-ccc.png
    12-11-13 11:29 PM
    i can tell you with 100% certainty that is is your sd card. cheap or no name brand sd cards wont work. the only sure thing is a Sandisk sd card. ive tried several brands with no luck, but sandisk is a winner.
    12-11-13 11:30 PM
    I only spent 15 bucks for this SDHC Card on Ebay...This might be the problem?
    12-11-13 11:30 PM
    Dude... Did you notice one of my questions was what brand? You should ALWAYS go for known, trusted brands...

The last time I've seen someone complain about such issue was when a guy got a 32GB SD... Which didn't have 32GB. It was a hacked piece that would show 32GB on the file manager but only actually had 2GB.

What happens is that when the unit runs out of space, it deletes stuff to accomodate the new data. Exactly what you are describing.

As for my SD reading 59.3GB: Gigabytes as they are sold are a convention, the real storage space in megabytes never matches what is on the label and is an aproximation.

EDIT: Get any other SD you have there into the phone and you'll see it will behave properly. I am sorry but I am 99.7% sure you got yourself scammed.

Here is the cheapest 64GB I could find on Amazon.com. You won't have issues with it.

SanDisk Ultra 64 GB microSDXC Class 10
    12-11-13 11:33 PM
    OK, this makes sense.. No wonder the ebay seller was so quick to give me a refund and told me to keep the card (because I told them it didn't work and I wanted a refund)... Which card exactly would you recommend? I saw a 128gb sandisk on ebay for about 99 dollars.. more space the better.. will a 128gb sandisk work? or should I just go with the 64gb sandisk??
    12-11-13 11:37 PM
    OK, this makes sense.. No wonder the ebay seller was so quick to give me a refund and told me to keep the card (because I told them it didn't work and I wanted a refund)... Which card exactly would you recommend? I saw a 128gb sandisk on ebay for about 99 dollars.. more space the better.. will a 128gb sandisk work? or should I just go with the 64gb sandisk??
    I'd go for the 64GB I linked above. I am not sure BB10 can handle 128GB SD Cards... It would be nice if it could, but I wouldn't be try one trying to find out lol.
    12-11-13 11:41 PM
    Perfect, When I get some cash here soon I will order than one.. The whole "Deleting" files to make up for space makes perfect sense.. I wish I wouldn't of left this company good feedback because they gave me a refund... 0o Thanks for the help!!!
    diegonei likes this.
    12-11-13 11:41 PM
    i can tell you with 100% certainty that is is your sd card. cheap or no name brand sd cards wont work. the only sure thing is a Sandisk sd card. ive tried several brands with no luck, but sandisk is a winner.
    I don't know if it was a problem with the card or maybe my Z10. But I just shipped back a Sandisk 64gig to Crackberry. My z10 would neither read nor format it. When inserted, it did not show up. "No media card" According to my Windows machine it was exFat. I actually wasted a bit of time reformatting it in the computer (with adapter) but it still was a NO-GO on the z10. My 32gig Sandisk is working fine in the z10.

I might give another 64gig a try at some point.
    12-11-13 11:49 PM
    Wait wait everyone. If you haven't tried yet, format then thing in something compatible and not Fat32. I can't remember the details 100% and if you have some time to experiment you might as well try this.

Fat32 is a Windows dos format. That's before I was born. Try the NTFS or whatever it's called, it's the native windows format. But it'll take some time. Oh, check the size limitation of fat32 before formatting, see what the maximum format size for it is. That might be your problem why it's only noticing it to a certain point.
    12-12-13 12:07 AM
    I bought a "Kingston" MicroSD card on eBay for $45 a couple of months ago. Failed quickly, so I called Kingston and they verified it fake.

Didn't bother going to the seller, filed a claim through PayPal and got my money back.

Bought one on Black Friday for $40 - Lexar at Future Shop and so far so good - I did have to format it on a Z10 10.2 to work on my Q10 10.2.1.1055.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 12:22 AM
    I'm using a Kingston 64 GB Class 10 with my Z10 and it's working great.

I chose Kingston over SanDisk because I had problems with 2 SanDisk micro SD cards in the past.

Kingston is a little more expensive but I think it's worth it.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 12:28 AM
    Patriot Cards have an almost ZERO RETURN RATE.

Trusted Member Genius on a Z10
    12-12-13 02:58 AM
    I bought that EXACT same card on eBay! I just put it in the phone yesterday (12/13/13). The Z10 accepted it with the current format. After a number of issues, I erased and re-formatted the card in the Z10.

Everything seems ok except for the reported space. I loaded one 2.0 GB movie, I bought from BB App World and file manager shows 12.1GB of space used!!! I don't get it? I deleted everything and started over again. Same issue.
    I have continued on to load a second movie, and file manager is now showing 23.7 GB of used space, out of a total of 62.3 GB.

After the second movie DL, I pulled the card put it in my Mac and here is what it read. Which is also what I believe to be correct.

64gb SDHC card question (please help!)-sd-read.jpg

As for scams and no-name brands, I'm not buying it. I have always purchased inexpensive SD cards for all of my prior BBs and never had an issue. I have several on my desk now, and they all work. I also have a Samsung 8GB and a SanDisk 2GB and the BB10 OS constantly shows more space is being used than what I put on the cards. the Samsung 8GB was pulled from my Curve 9360 which never had an issue with the card. This is an OS or formatting issue. .
    Attached Files
    12-15-13 08:19 PM
    From what I understand, most of the SD cards over 32GB are formatted with exFAT, and I don't believe that will work in a BB device. FAT32 can be used on 64GB cards but the limitation is that you cannot load a file over 4GB onto it. In my case the app world movies are all 2 - 3 GB anyway. The more I read here the more several people have had problems with a number of various brands, sizes, and formats. Officially BB did state that 32GB was the largest but not sure if that's true anymore.
    I am wondering if the problem is solved in BB 10.2? Can anyone confirm? As a T-Mobile customer I am stuck on 10.1, unless I want to use a leaked OS.
    12-15-13 08:27 PM
    Here's where it gets even more strange. All I did was put the card in the MAC, take the screen shot i put in my last post, and then put it back in the device. No formatting, deleting or changing anything, and here is what the Z10 file manager reads now.

64gb SDHC card question (please help!)-img_00000152.png
    12-15-13 08:36 PM
    The problem is with "other data" and is related to movie downloads.... I'm hopeful someone has a solution top this.
    12-24-13 02:40 PM