Well I figure I might as well post this here. Just wanted to share my thoughts on how the Z10 has held up for 6 months of continuously using it as my primary phone.

In terms of the hardware, yes it's got 2012 specs but the overall user experience has been quite for me overall so I don't see that as being an issue for many people anyway. First and foremost, as a phone the Z10 works great. The sound quality is great and having support for some pretty cool features like HD voice. I tend to still make a lot of phone calls and the Z10 has been outstanding just like every other BlackBerry I've used.

In regards to the communications aspect of the device, it hasn't hindered my ability to type or reply to emails and any other messages which come my way. The software keyboard does have a learning curve that's for sure. Although once using the keyboard there's a greater appreciation for all the little enhancements they've built it with. The word prediction does come in handy especially with one handed typing.

Browsing the web is great over HSPA or LTE, the speeds we get in most larger cities in Canada is quite good, no complaints there. The browser also having flash capabilities is an added bonus. Due to the new OS, we as the users aren't limited by web page too large errors and so forth that was all too common with BlackBerry 6 and prior. It just works, and that's always a beautiful thing.

The multimedia side of the device is where things get interesting. The camera has been good for me so far, I don't print photos anymore, they either stay on my memory card or are transferred into the cloud. Looking at the photos in this fashion, the Z10 camera is quite reasonable. I'll be the first to admit that I didn't use the on board editing options all that much yet, it was very convenient to go ahead and fix the photos that didn't look quite right. Video capture seems to have a slight motion blur effect though. Perhaps it'll be fixed in a future update. It could possibly be due to the FPS of the video capture. Just like previous BlackBerry smartphones we have a wide array of audio and video file format support which is always nice to see out of the box.

A returning feature from the PlayBook OS is the Android runtime. Over the last few months I've been using a few Android apps which are not in BlackBerry World either as native versions or Android ports. Having the ability to sideload apps is nice, but not everyone knows or can be bothered to do so, which is why I think having an unlocked runtime is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things if some apps aren't available easily from BlackBerry World. All in all this is a nice feature to have.

Core social networking apps could use improvement. Over the months we've seen some improvements but more can be done that's for sure. For my uses its been working well so no complaints there. Push notifications work well and they seem to be pretty reliable.

The build quality of the actual Z10 has been good as well, no real wear or tear. Buttons work fine, I definitely enjoy the removable battery just in case I need to pop in a new battery. It's a bonus if the battery happens to go bad as well.

All in all the Z10 has been a great device. Not perfect, but a work in progress. It may not be the fastest, or the most beefed up smartphone, or have the greatest display, but its a device that works for what I use it for. At the end of the day that's all that really matters, having a device that works for you

So how's your Z10's doing after 6 or so months?
    pchandoke, jimpilot, cman5 and 2 others like this.
    09-12-13 11:27 PM
    Well said. I'm pleased with my z10 as well.

Only issue is im getting a bit bored. More customizations would be welcome. Themes and functionality

Posted via CB10
    pchandoke likes this.
    09-12-13 11:32 PM
    You know what, I hadn't thought about the build quality at all since I bought the phone months ago until I read your post. I have to say, my phone is in MINT condition and I haven't heard any consistent complaints. This leads me to assume that BlackBerry nailed the design and build quality of t Z10.

Posted via CB10
    cman5 likes this.
    09-12-13 11:36 PM
    My phone also still looks mint after 6 months.

I was never a heavy app user so that's not so big of a deal to me. I spend a lot of time surfing the Internet on my phone, my computers are all quite neglected and dusty.

My main complaint is still that I burn through the battery too fast because I rarely am parted from this device. Still, can't even really complain about that, the spare battery might very well be my favorite feature. Everyone else is looking for a place to plug in, I just swap batteries and I'm away. Love that freedom.

Posted via CB10
    pejjy likes this.
    09-13-13 12:21 AM
    Well said. I'm pleased with my z10 as well.

Only issue is im getting a bit bored. More customizations would be welcome. Themes and functionality

Posted via CB10
    I agree. It's the updates and changes - and ability to tweak and change things around - that keep me interested.
    09-13-13 04:43 AM
    Beautiful phone. First I purchased the Z10 as a secondary. I had a Xperia Z as the primary. Day after day my use on the Z10 increased rapidly and that on the Z decreased at the same rate. Eventually. When the time came for me to sell one of them. I sold the Xperia Z without thought. And am happy with my Z10. Berryleaks blesses us the with the leaks. The runtime is amazing. Love my Z10. My next device will be a quad core BB10 if that were to come. . Or else. Z10 it is.

Posted via CB10
    cman5 likes this.
    09-13-13 05:01 AM
    Though I own the Q10, I have that same mischievous smile on my face, whenever I am out seeing clients and one of my colleagues has to ask the client whether they can charge their phone in their office, while I just plug in my spare and am ready to go for another. Not enough kudos is given to the Blackberry 10's
    09-13-13 05:22 AM
    Well I have dropped my phone countless times and there are some dents but they are small considering everything!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 06:00 AM
    Overall the Z10 is a modern BlackBerry done right. The Z10 also has an extremely high satisfaction rate at our store too. From both tech fanatics to the average layman.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 06:59 AM
    2 things is keeping me from switching

1. The typing is awesome on touchscreens.
    2. BBM.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 07:45 AM
    Have a big issue with my Z10...can't leave the dam thing alone
    It's also in my hand

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:18 AM
    6 months in and I'm still learning about the Z10! The phone is in mint condition and I am constantly asked if it is new! I've had an apple touch for 5 months and it looks a lot older. I don't really use the game apps, I delete them fairly soon after install or as I complete all levels. Battery life is about 12 hours with heavy use. I've gone 5 days using it only for taking pictures when on a recent holiday. No complaints here!

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:22 AM
    I've had it since the first release day in Canada . The OS is fluid. I get excellent battery life. No reboots. Phone "app" is a little odd- it does not end the call when holstered fir example. I have found the updates to be mildly buggy. I now have issues with texts. The email has not functioned properly since day one. I now drop calls occasuonally. I found the browser to be excellent. I find the apps hit and miss. Some are very well executed (i.e. Bloomberg) and some are mediocre - and some don't exist at all. Some BlackBerry apps are weak, for example "Remember " seems under-designed. Phone hardware has been relatively solid. No issues. Good protection with leather sleeve. By contrast my spouses phone failed and was returned. Her new one thus far has been fine. Overall the phone is acceptable but falls short of the expectations and contrary to the idea a fair weak business phone due to paucity of apps- poor integration with outlook and poor native task functions. I am hoping 10.2 improves the experience.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 09:21 AM
    2 things is keeping me from switching

1. The typing is awesome on touchscreens.
    2. BBM.
    +1 on those. Also, bluetooth voice dialing. Every BlackBerry I've owned, including my Z10, has always done that well. Not one of the six or so different Android models I've owned can do it consistently (although the Motorola Defy wasn't too bad). I've spent hours trying to get my Samsung Galaxy S4 to voice-dial correctly over bluetooth and there best I can do is about 1 out of 5 attempts with long delays for server access.
    09-13-13 09:35 AM
    I must say that coming from Android OS, after six months I really thought that the Z10 would be done. I must say that with all of the leaks filled with new changes to BB10, I have plenty to look forward to with this device.
    09-13-13 10:11 AM
    Out of curiosity, what do you think were some memorable moments of the Z10 experience? The browser has always been a big win for me, having multiple tabs open and not slowing down the entire device was a nice change.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 04:19 PM