Sorry to lose you to the Dark Side again... Honestly have had no reboot issues ever with my Z10 and I got it day one in Canada. Battery with normal use for me lasts a day and a half. I am a realtor so I am on it a lot. With the updates and battery tweaks I have no issues. The Q10 battery will certainly rock out days upon days because it is a different screen. Somewhere on CB there is an article about this. The new BB10 system isn't for everyone but I expect you will be back after you experience the Q. The force is strong in this one....
    I envy everyone who's Z10 hasn't had reboot issues :-(
    Today was the 8th time my Z10 either turned off or rebooted on me. I have 3 DAYS left to return it. I'm seriously considering returning it for another one, but others are telling me that it's no use exchanging it, for they all have the reboot problem sooner or later.

Should I at least give another one a try or stay with my reboot problem assuming the next one also will?

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 12:59 AM
    Had my z10 on Verizon since Friday 28th. Has never rebooted. Use it exactly as I used my 9850. Battery...took off charge at 2:30pm. Put on charger again at 2:30 pm the following day. People must be very stupid on this damn battery issue. If you aren't getting signal, sure as s##t u ain't gonna have battery life. If u leave any gps apps open, again, sure as s**the u won't have battery life. Cmon people, FIGURE IT OUT!! Don't be as stupid as you sound!
    Excuse me, captain you're so smart, but having owned every mobile platform from webos to windows phone 7 to BBOS, android, and ios, and having hacked them and modified them in order to learn how they work, I know my way around a mobile Os.

When I say I'm having battery issues, which after thoroughly conditioning the battery are somewhat better but were very frustrating while I was troubleshooting, I AM HAVING BATTERY ISSUES.

So with all due respect, don't think you're so much smarter than the rest of the room. There are a lot of users here who are very tech savvy and are trying to troubleshoot the, for many, crappy battery life this phone can have.

Don't be as stupid as we sound? Don't be as arrogant as you sound.

Posted via CB10
    PeaceGuru likes this.
    04-02-13 12:59 AM
    The Z10 isn't for you since the front is made of glass. Come to think of it, no modern smartphone is good for you seeing how all of them have glass fronts.

You should have gotten another iphone if apps are crashing. No one of my immediate circle have problems with crashing.

In ou are complaining about push email, blame Gmail for ending support, it is not apple's fault.

Get DocsToGo on iOS.

If you want to run multiple apps and not use a phone from YEARS ago, get a damn iphone 5 with more ram. It's what happens when you use a phone years old. Understand technology please. It is not apples fault you are attempting to use modern day apps on year+ old hardware.

Grow Up. It is a PHONE. Why the **** would you be embarrassed with it. That is beyond ridiculous and to think your life has degraded because of it. Makes your life pretty sad.

If people like this are using BlackBerry's than this makes me ashamed to even be associated with people like this. Jesus christ this post is ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    Ah, so this is your first run in with that particular poster then?

Welcome to his modus operandi.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 01:02 AM
    Android and iPhone have no battery life to begin with...
    Joking aside, OS update is coming soon (I hope for Verizon) because new update is rock solid. And has very good battery life.
    And if I say good battery life, it is good.. cos sometimes I think I am the only one who actually cares about battery life.

I used iphone, android and BB6 / BB7/ BB10. (Now using BB7 and BB10)

Personally I don't like Android, iPhone is ok but I just got bored with it. (still has the best developer support tho) and Ithe screen is too small for me
    Using BB10 since day -1
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    04-02-13 01:38 AM
    The Z10 isn't for you since the front is made of glass. Come to think of it, no modern smartphone is good for you seeing how all of them have glass fronts.

You should have gotten another iphone if apps are crashing. No one of my immediate circle have problems with crashing.

In ou are complaining about push email, blame Gmail for ending support, it is not apple's fault.

Get DocsToGo on iOS.

If you want to run multiple apps and not use a phone from YEARS ago, get a damn iphone 5 with more ram. It's what happens when you use a phone years old. Understand technology please. It is not apples fault you are attempting to use modern day apps on year+ old hardware.

Grow Up. It is a PHONE. Why the **** would you be embarrassed with it. That is beyond ridiculous and to think your life has degraded because of it. Makes your life pretty sad.

If people like this are using BlackBerry's than this makes me ashamed to even be associated with people like this. Jesus christ this post is ridiculous.

Posted via CB10

Is this how you treat everyone? Wow. You must be the biggest fanboy ever. I have legitimate complaints and all you do is attack me. I just vented some of my problems.

I didn't even mention the horrible battery on this iphone of mine. It sure is a good thing I barely use it as a phone (not to mention the dropped calls and horrible call quality) but this things battery is god-awful and dies right away when using it as a phone.

Browsing sucks too with its tiny screen. I really don't understand why'd they only make the screen taller on the i5. I mean come on. That gives you black bars on apps. Poor vision on apples part. Really, whats with the 4" only screen. Apple is being left behind. I'm sorry for this. I just really need to vent. I'm just getting soooo frusterated that I can't afford a Z10 right now. All the money I can save is going straight towards that. I envy the people on here that can just throw money away like the OP on a phone they are unsure about. Lucky people. Like someone else said though, maybe I can save some money and get their barely used refurb. Not looking forward to another day with my dreadful iphone.

Edit: Thanks for the helps with Docstogo, but that costs 9.99 in the appstore. Really, this should come native on all smartphones nowaday. Its pretty ridiculous its not there. Like seriously.

Seems like a really good app to buy though. If I had the money I would definitely buy it. Money for the app would be going to BB though so I might as well buy a new BB since they give me it native (lets get serious, all smartphones should have this)
    04-02-13 01:56 AM

Get DocsToGo on iOS.

Posted via CB10
    Honestly? How different is this post from the OP's, i wonder if telling the poster is sad because of his experience is ok?

Another thing how is it its ok for certain direspectful posts to stay but others get deleted? In this thread right now there is a post that should be deleted maybe the moderators will in Hindi morning i hope or else it would really seem as there picking on some and not others.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 02:16 AM
    I personally find the Z10 so nice, I am going to buy a Q10 as well. Cannot get enough of BlackBerry 10.
    In fact I feel like changing my username to jamesbondO10.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-02-13 02:37 AM

I have to ask, how many apps did Apple have when the first iPhone was introduced?
    Invalid comparison.

Did the iPhone launch against 2 giant competitors who had 700k app stores?

Too many people use this statement and it's just flawed excuse making. With that line of reasoning you might as well launch a brand new car company with no option for automatic transmission, AC, or a radio and say "hey did the Ford Model T have that stuff when they were first introduced?"

come on.
    04-02-13 03:31 AM
    Commenting on the subject of this post, I will say that I you definitely gave the Z10 sufficient time for testing it out while still being able to take advantage of the return policy. There is nothing wrong with that. I too have had my Z10 for roughly 5 days and have been weighing the pros and cons of my experience. Nevertheless, I must admit that this device is a significant improvement from previous BlackBerry products. And, when compared to the iPhone 5, the Z10 only lacks in one area (in my opinion) and that's apps.

Hopefully, BlackBerry will resolve that issue/concern and funnel more into pulling good developers to their platform. As regards your experience with the Z10, I think you had a bad apple and didn't have the right support to address your technical difficulties and keep your interested. And that sucks. But, I hope you enjoy whatever you exchange it for.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 05:23 AM
    Why bother wasting your time and valuable space on CB... Move on to your iPhone and enjoy!!!! Life continues
    lang007 likes this.
    04-02-13 06:52 AM
    Op

When my daughter was born it has quite frankly quite a bit of hard work. My daughter would eat sleep **** barf and cry and not much else.

U coming in here and talking about z10 is akin to critizing someone in our family. We have great hopes with z10.

Yes like ur 5 year old (iphone) our new born doesnt play a lot of games (apps) but things our new born can do now makes ur 5 year old look almost ********.

Bb10 has a lot of promise and at this moment it needs a bit of nurturing (customer feedback) unlike ur stale and petulant 5 year old, who is starting to show peter pan complex.

U dont like bb, good for u. Enjoy what u like and go to imore.

(i sold rimm when storm came out. Started buying when rimm fell to 11 and bought majority of my stocks at 8 something. I even bought aapl when it was down at 22 something and still holding on to them(do u remember that time? I do))
    04-02-13 07:12 AM
    I dont understand threads like these. I have my Verizon Z10 and it is by far the best phone I have ever owned. Does everything I need and want it to and am not experiencing any issues. Yes there are features that I want added that the older Blackberry's had but they will be here shortly.
    04-02-13 07:15 AM
    like that?
    Owned the OP lol

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 07:15 AM
    I came from an an iPhone as well and I love the BlackBerry Z10.

Keyboard: i don't know how you can say negative things about the keyboard. This is probably the best keyboard I've ever used. I have showed the keyboard to iPhone fans and they agree that ifs the best keyboard. I type 50% faster on this keyboard than I did on the iPhone.

Reboot Issues: Never had this issue. I have another friend that has a Z10, and I asked him and he says that he never had an issue either.

iPhone is a great phone and anyone who says otherwise is just blind, but I've had the Z10 for a month and I prefer it to the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    pandapurple likes this.
    04-02-13 07:34 AM
    OP, I might be following in your footsteps, HTC One hits ATT on April 19th. Off contract for 32gb should be around $650, or $100 dollars more than my Z10!

I still have a few days to decided before my 14 day period is up...
    04-02-13 11:04 AM
    I don't know what the heck he is talking about. My vzw z10 never has to restart. Probably just a bad phone? If not than good bye icrap fan boy

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 11:17 AM
    I ain't mad at change lol. Well at least he explained why the user experience is not for everybody
    04-02-13 11:45 AM
    Can't you update it if you take the SIM out
    04-02-13 11:47 AM
    LOL its still blackberry just not what we're used to
    04-02-13 12:12 PM
    LOL peter pan complex
    04-02-13 12:15 PM
    We don't have a ton of apps games ect we know this its also apparent as well as the growing number of apps in our eco system.

On the same note we can't keep comparing our Qnx Based OS to Android IOS and keep saying we are have a first generation phone so the comparison is like apples and oranges.

If a new manufacturer released a new product its expected to perform on par with the competition no matter what generation device it is. Perform on par if not leap frogging the competition is what blackberry10 is doing.

We are in need of developers so we don't have to sideload the popular apps that aren't available to us yet it kind of makes a look bad from the outside looking in...we are using year old instagram and netflix ports.

When I'm at work I can only sell off the UI and flowing performance that is very smooth but if the customer is between age14 to around 30 its like they can't live without instagram I even offer sideload it onto there device for them and future available updates. .....

BlackBerry 10 has more potential than any other OS but without more developers to support the platform we will be another....Web OS ugh!

Op

When my daughter was born it has quite frankly quite a bit of hard work. My daughter would eat sleep **** barf and cry and not much else.

U coming in here and talking about z10 is akin to critizing someone in our family. We have great hopes with z10.

Yes like ur 5 year old (iphone) our new born doesnt play a lot of games (apps) but things our new born can do now makes ur 5 year old look almost ********.

Bb10 has a lot of promise and at this moment it needs a bit of nurturing (customer feedback) unlike ur stale and petulant 5 year old, who is starting to show peter pan complex.

U dont like bb, good for u. Enjoy what u like and go to imore.

(i sold rimm when storm came out. Started buying when rimm fell to 11 and bought majority of my stocks at 8 something. I even bought aapl when it was down at 22 something and still holding on to them(do u remember that time? I do))
    04-02-13 12:38 PM
    It seems on a lot of forums in the US people doesn't like there z10 or they saying it broke of they return it. I also readf forums in france, UK ,Canada and in Germany but it really seems it's a US problem. I gone think that people are payed to place stuff online to complain about the Z10 and mostly they al used a iphone before. Sometimes complaines are about a screen of camera that is worser than there old iphone 4. It seems not right and heave a really doubt about some complains. maybe i'm wrong but the negative reactions are 5-10 times more then in Europe.
    Last edited by whatsever; 04-02-13 at 01:22 PM.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    04-02-13 01:04 PM
    Im on day 4 and 6 reboots and still in return Window but you know what?I am positive Blackberry will do the community justice and issues updates. I will say in past 24hrs it hasnt rebooted and I am monitoring it closely now. Unless its bootloop reboot bad I will keep it and let BB improve it I like iPones ecosystem just tired of same old UI, Android atleast has overhauled theirs like 4 times if I remeber correct. BB is on to something good lets just let them shine for now please.

But I understand cause at 1st I wanted to throw it out the Window but I need to re evaluate this device in 120 days THEN I can say if its crap or not. Right now Im loving it, fresh air
    04-02-13 02:42 PM
    12 Hrs to get an email? Anyone else have this issue? I've never heard of this. My phone hasn't rebooted once since I got it on day one of the Canadian Release. Emails come through quickly and it works beautifully. The only thing Apple has over this phone is a better camera and more apps. I don't know sounds like you got a bad unit or some kind of user error. I have an Iphone 5, SIII, Note 2, Iphone 4S Samsung Ativ S etc so I've used every phone out there.
    If you have a Note 2 , you would have not been taking about anything else. To each his/Her own opinion.
    04-02-13 02:50 PM
    iphone drops calls all the time, it also freezes a lot. You are obviously a paid basher, until you said you never had any problems with iphone, i was believing you as a genuine person but you are a liar and a paid low life scum
    04-02-13 03:19 PM
223 ... 45678 ...