Thanks for sharing.
    richardat likes this.
    04-01-13 02:25 PM
    Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 02:28 PM
    Blackberry was in the forefront of the PDA rollout over a decade ago. Understanding that the Z10 is, indeed, a new class of machine, it's frankly preposterous to compare the lack of applications (and support) for the Z10 with the initial iPhone rollout. The lack of applications has plagued Blackberry throughout the generations. I own a Z10, and it is a good Blackberry. However, it should not be compared with Androids or the iPhone. There's just no basis for comparison in my opinion. People like what they like. I like my Z10 - but I'm also a realist.
    PeaceGuru likes this.
    04-01-13 03:23 PM
    glad you like it, but if you hate these posts so much then why even read or take the time to reply? just so you can prove your point and be right? I have never understood that...... Just ignore the thread, I only read threads that can potentially help me with a problem or sound interesting or like new info. if it sounds like something I like, MOVE ON, like you suggested I do with my return. You like your phone, awesome. happy for you.
    Your post was bound to elicit a great deal of blind hatred, but I am grateful that you shared your thoughts and experience. Genuine feedback is valuable.
    04-01-13 03:46 PM
    Let's not give the iPhone too many praises now. When I had my iPhone 4, it dropped calls like crazy when it first came out. It got to the point where I called AT&T and asked them what was going on. That was when "antennae gate" was going on and Steve Jobs told us we were idiots and "holding our phones wrong." What's the point of a phone that doesn't make calls?
    Interesting case in point:
    1.Apple got a LOT of negative press and criticism for that....where was the conspiracy, and Apple favoritism?
    2.Let's not lie. Jobs didn't call people idiots or say they were holding it "wrong", he " If you ever experience this on your iPhone 4, avoid gripping it in the lower left corner in a way that covers both sides of the black strip in the metal band, or simply use one of many available cases."...and later a more simple in response to an individual use "just don't hold it that way." The last thing we need on CB is more propagation of lies and urban legends.
    3.Apple issued the free cases - I got one, I assume you did too. Came really fast, and is really nice. Pretty impressive response for the purchasers I think.
    04-01-13 04:02 PM
    None. I had literally 5 accounts banned in one day at one point when I was posting helpful info. There was no reason given or anything. I had to contact site admins to stop it. I'm guessing some of the mods on these forums are a little overzealous.
    So....you had multiple sock puppets at one time? Usually that's reason enough for censure, or are you saying you got banned, and then created 4 more accounts that same day....because that too would justify the 4 being banned!

You seem honest though! I like that! lol
    04-01-13 04:07 PM
    You'll regret it. My whole family switched from I-Phone 5 and S3 to the new bbz10. Never regretted the decision. Yeah, the battery life isn't that great before the new software update. But the bbz10 is amazing. Too bad you didn't really taken the time to love this phone
    04-01-13 04:32 PM
    Sounds to me like you returned this phone quickly out of fear that you might actually start to like it.
    You disliked the look of the software? Like seriously?? 12 hours late on the emails eh? LOL.
    I guess this phone just isnt for every body.

P.S are you sure it just wasnt your buddies with Iphones making fun of you?
    04-01-13 04:59 PM
    Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 05:35 PM
    like that?
    Attached Thumbnails 5 days after having the Z10, might take it back-img_00000414.jpg   5 days after having the Z10, might take it back-img_00000415.jpg   5 days after having the Z10, might take it back-img_00000416.jpg  
    fanwar and FantomLightning like this.
    04-01-13 05:43 PM
    Same issues and Im on my second z10 in a week. Had to get a new one because the battery would go from 100% to 0 in less than 4 hours (little to no usage) and run hot like crazy. Again, no apps running in bckground, not texting, talking, etc.... I have an IT in the house so we've been doing some experiments and trouble shooting to see what could be causing this battery burn.... No luck yet. Switched to wifi and that has slowed the discharge but ever so slightly. Gonna give it a few more days, but according to Blackberry and AT&T... this extremely fast battery discharge is NOT normal. May be exchanging for z10 #3....Can't do iPhone.... just refuse to. Loyal bb user....and I actually love the bbz10... but they have got to increase the battery life to at least 8 hours/moderate use on a single charge. Just my opinion.
    I have to charge my Z10 on Verizon 3-4 times a day. I have zero apps running all the time and very little web surfing and email check. I wish people would tell the truth also, and that is that Android Z10 is garbage
    Last edited by PeaceGuru; 04-01-13 at 06:21 PM.
    04-01-13 06:08 PM
    It's all hit or miss I guess. I had a iphone 5. Really liked it except for the constant freeze ups. Also, whenever I was on a call for more than five minites, the phone would over heat. It got so bad, I could only talk on speaker phone. It's too bad, I liked that phone. The Z10 is working much better for me anyways, so no worries.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 04-01-13 at 08:04 PM.
    04-01-13 07:40 PM
    It's all how the phone works for you. Yes I bought the Z10 at CDN launch and I lasted almost 2 months on it. I sold it on Sat and picked up an iPhone 5 32GB. I get a bunch of PDFs each day and half of them are corrupted on the Z10. I tried wiping the device and evertthing. Open just fine on the iPhone. I need access to those files each day and I'm surprised I lasted this long.

I really liked the OS. I did like the swiping and the HUB etc. DLNA feature was awesome streaming my music and videos directly to my WDTV. Thought I was gonna miss that key feature but Apple has a few Apps that work like DLNA and I can stream all my music and videos the exact same way and it is actually faster. The lack of apps started to get to me also I think coming from a GS3 for 8 months. I did side load apps but they didn't perform well. Maybe the novelty wore off also.

All in all its what phone works best for you. I didn't think I would get an iPhone again but it happened. Yes the OS is a little stale but works so well. Maybe I'll look at the Phones coming late in the year as BB10 gets more mature. It's a great OS and will only get better.
    04-01-13 08:53 PM
    You're right. It's what works for you. For me, I'm glad I picked up the Z10. Really just in time I'd say. Some of my co-workers have iphones. There was a security issue in the office the other day and we had to a clean sweep everyone's phones with an IT program. Well, to make a long story short, they couldn't reset the iphones after clearing their private data. They were deemed useless afterwards. Feel bad for them, but glad I switched when I did.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 09:36 PM
    Had my z10 on Verizon since Friday 28th. Has never rebooted. Use it exactly as I used my 9850. Battery...took off charge at 2:30pm. Put on charger again at 2:30 pm the following day. People must be very stupid on this damn battery issue. If you aren't getting signal, sure as s##t u ain't gonna have battery life. If u leave any gps apps open, again, sure as s**the u won't have battery life. Cmon people, FIGURE IT OUT!! Don't be as stupid as you sound!
    04-01-13 10:29 PM
    I thought we had a Ba Bye, I'm Gone forum for these posts. If so how come no one uses it? Good luck OP.
    04-01-13 10:47 PM
    Hey guys. Now don't get me wrong or flame me or whatever. I've been a huge iphone fan for years but I just need to vent. I'm dying to ditch my iphone but I just don't have the money to go out and buy a device when my iphone still works. Its just getting really tuff.

The front screen has been cracked forever (really, what compnay in their right mind would put GLASS on their device???? this is idiotic!) Apps are constantly crashing. I had to download a separate app since the calender one is horrrible and lacks basic functionality you'd expect for a 6 year old device, I mean come on. The web broswer is slow. Sometimes I don't even know if my txts are getting through. Constant dropped calls. The call quality stinks. The pain of having to deal with itunes. It doesn't have carrier billing too (what year are we in again??). Oh, and the cameras used to be good, but after a year of use the screen is all scratched and foggy and i have to use the front camera to take a decent picture. Get this, I need a SEPARATE APP if I want to get Push Gmail, again, what year are we in??? NO native word/powerpoint/spreadsheet. Seriously, that has to come STANDARD on a smart phone these days. I could easliy go on and on and on but frankly after trying to typ on this horrible virtual keyboard during the day I'm just too tired (at home and on my laptop, wouldn't dream of typing this on an iphone unless I wanted to go cross-eyed)

This is so painful dealing with this arachaic technology (6 years, i mean really!). OH, and the WORST MULTI-TASKING EVER. This thing putters even if I have one app running like this bike game. Pretty easy to figure out why apple makes is so there are only a very basic few apps running at once. I can't wait to ditch this thing. I'm getting embarassed being seen in public with it. I mean the kid next door has it. Plus I think its having a negative affect on my life with how poor of a communication device it is. Apple really should have stuck to making ipods. I think they bit off more than they can chew here folks and I see a huge drop off coming for them. Well, maybe further drop, 35% since just sept in stock price can't be ignored.

Anyways. Thanks for letting me vent. Just got to wait to save up enough to get a new BB10 device. Glad some people can throw money at devices they are unsure of. Wish me luck!
    04-01-13 11:08 PM
    Had my z10 on Verizon since Friday 28th. Has never rebooted. Use it exactly as I used my 9850. Battery...took off charge at 2:30pm. Put on charger again at 2:30 pm the following day. People must be very stupid on this damn battery issue. If you aren't getting signal, sure as s##t u ain't gonna have battery life. If u leave any gps apps open, again, sure as s**the u won't have battery life. Cmon people, FIGURE IT OUT!! Don't be as stupid as you sound!
    Don't be such an ignoramus. You think I leave on maps all day? Get real. There is NO reason why text messaging should take the same power toll as a flashlight app.

Grow up and use your brain.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jdhooghe; 04-01-13 at 11:54 PM.
    04-01-13 11:39 PM
    Hey guys. Now don't get me wrong or flame me or whatever. I've been a huge iphone fan for years but I just need to vent. I'm dying to ditch my iphone but I just don't have the money to go out and buy a device when my iphone still works. Its just getting really tuff.

The front screen has been cracked forever (really, what compnay in their right mind would put GLASS on their device???? this is idiotic!) Apps are constantly crashing. I had to download a separate app since the calender one is horrrible and lacks basic functionality you'd expect for a 6 year old device, I mean come on. The web broswer is slow. Sometimes I don't even know if my txts are getting through. Constant dropped calls. The call quality stinks. The pain of having to deal with itunes. It doesn't have carrier billing too (what year are we in again??). Oh, and the cameras used to be good, but after a year of use the screen is all scratched and foggy and i have to use the front camera to take a decent picture. Get this, I need a SEPARATE APP if I want to get Push Gmail, again, what year are we in??? NO native word/powerpoint/spreadsheet. Seriously, that has to come STANDARD on a smart phone these days. I could easliy go on and on and on but frankly after trying to typ on this horrible virtual keyboard during the day I'm just too tired (at home and on my laptop, wouldn't dream of typing this on an iphone unless I wanted to go cross-eyed)

This is so painful dealing with this arachaic technology (6 years, i mean really!). OH, and the WORST MULTI-TASKING EVER. This thing putters even if I have one app running like this bike game. Pretty easy to figure out why apple makes is so there are only a very basic few apps running at once. I can't wait to ditch this thing. I'm getting embarassed being seen in public with it. I mean the kid next door has it. Plus I think its having a negative affect on my life with how poor of a communication device it is. Apple really should have stuck to making ipods. I think they bit off more than they can chew here folks and I see a huge drop off coming for them. Well, maybe further drop, 35% since just sept in stock price can't be ignored.

Anyways. Thanks for letting me vent. Just got to wait to save up enough to get a new BB10 device. Glad some people can throw money at devices they are unsure of. Wish me luck!
    The Z10 isn't for you since the front is made of glass. Come to think of it, no modern smartphone is good for you seeing how all of them have glass fronts.

You should have gotten another iphone if apps are crashing. No one of my immediate circle have problems with crashing.

In ou are complaining about push email, blame Gmail for ending support, it is not apple's fault.

Get DocsToGo on iOS.

If you want to run multiple apps and not use a phone from YEARS ago, get a damn iphone 5 with more ram. It's what happens when you use a phone years old. Understand technology please. It is not apples fault you are attempting to use modern day apps on year+ old hardware.

Grow Up. It is a PHONE. Why the **** would you be embarrassed with it. That is beyond ridiculous and to think your life has degraded because of it. Makes your life pretty sad.

If people like this are using BlackBerry's than this makes me ashamed to even be associated with people like this. Jesus christ this post is ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 11:52 PM
    Honestly its going to take a week for the battery to improve. And the newer updates to make a difference. You have 14 days i think with VZW and I would use them to make sure you are making the right choice for you. You still feel the iphone is for you then certainly go for it. its a great phone also
    What's up with Verizon not having the latest update? I'm with ATT and am very much happy with the battery life. I have had my Z since the 22nd and my battery life is great. Today at 2pm I was still at 25% charge after 30 hours of moderate use with bluetooth and wireless on while running LTE.I have been careful with the charging. I only charge when the battery hits 20% or below and to be honest, it gets a full charge after about 1.5-2 hours.
    04-01-13 11:54 PM
    What's up with Verizon not having the latest update? I'm with ATT and am very much happy with the battery life. I have had my Z since the 22nd and my battery life is great. Today at 2pm I was still at 25% charge after 30 hours of moderate use with bluetooth and wireless on while running LTE.I have been careful with the charging. I only charge when the battery hits 20% or below and to be honest, it gets a full charge after about 1.5-2 hours.
    I'm on AT&T and get 8 hours.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 11:56 PM
    Crackberry should have an 18 and under forum. Obviously there are many juveniles posting here.

"I know you are but what am I"

"My Dad can beat up your Dad"

Its a phone and what works for you works for you.
    You can't push your opinion on others because its just an opinion.
    Surely there are better things to do in this one life you have?

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    04-02-13 12:21 AM
    I'm on AT&T and get 8 hours.

Posted via CB10
    mine is 14 hours with good signal coverage.listening to the music for 1 and half hour,some voice calls.2G only.4 email accounts,fb online,215 bbm contacts,checking twitter manually every 3 hours,twice a day checking rate exchange and gold prize and maybe toying with z10 for 5 minutes every 1 hour
    dude,so many factors that related to batt life...just get use to z10 for a while..learn about it..i think u will good..
    04-02-13 12:31 AM
    Sorry to hear this,least you gave it a try..I am starting to see from others with Verizon Z10 a reoccurring issue of rebooting it self wondering if the carrier.. I have AT&T Z10 works great ...Best of luck
    04-02-13 12:39 AM
    Best of luck to you, sorry are not happy with your Z10
    If you miss another device then it probably is for u. Go get it!

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 12:44 AM
223 ... 34567 ...