How about you delete troll posts then. This isn't a forum for an opinion piece for someone who has no prior posts. Maybe if she had actually asked for help with the rebooting issue or something, we would take this a little more seriously?
    Going for number 3?
    JeepBB, cwalt2166, h20work and 3 others like this.
    03-31-13 11:55 PM
    I understand your situation and it's really bad for us, the BlackBerry supporters, that someone like you, that clearly now belongs to a very well defined Apple's customer population segment, decides to return the Z10 because it didn't satisfy your needs.

I truly believe that given more time with updates and new apps you could have liked the Z10 but it's not your fault that BlackBerry did not spend more resources to not only attract you, also to keep you happy with your new experience and expensive purchase. You could have done more for us (in a way, with those 90% iphone friends, by challenging the system, showing off the cool stuff, or something like that ) than many diehard BlackBerry fans, but your decision is respected.

I'm enjoying my Z10. Zero issues so far. No wifi calling in T-Mobile at launch was almost a deal beaker for me but now after 5 days of using it I don't regret of hanging on.

Posted via CB10
    PeaceGuru and dierre like this.
    03-31-13 11:58 PM
    12 Hrs to get an email? Anyone else have this issue? I've never heard of this. My phone hasn't rebooted once since I got it on day one of the Canadian Release. Emails come through quickly and it works beautifully. The only thing Apple has over this phone is a better camera and more apps. I don't know sounds like you got a bad unit or some kind of user error. I have an Iphone 5, SIII, Note 2, Iphone 4S Samsung Ativ S etc so I've used every phone out there.
    pandapurple, maddie1128 and dierre like this.
    04-01-13 12:10 AM
    Got my Z10 from Verizon in the mail on thursday. And tomorrow morning I am exchanging it for an iphone 5. (was previous iphone 4 user) I've been anxiously counting the days and months waiting for this phone, pre ordered in white, bought it a fancy case and screen protector, but I hate it. I liked it for about two days, but once the new factor wore off, and after it kept turning itself off and rebooting for no reason-6 times within 3.5 days- I can't do it. I hate texting on it, I thought I messed up on the iOS keyboard a lot, but boy was I wrong! I tried all ways of texting also, in letter, in column, or off, and I just hate it. I think the UI is smooth, and I really like the concept behind the software, gesture based is very nice, but I just hate it. No apps that I like, and the ones I did download from app world didn't even work (literally, didn't work), and I hate that you can't simply touch a place in text, "select all" or copy paste simply, it always did it in the wrong place, and would drop the keyboard. I don't know, I am sorry, I really tried to like it, even went to return it and changed my mind in the store to try again, but I'm having apple withdrawals, I even went so far as to turn on imessage on my 4 and text from it (90% of the people who text me or who I text have iphones) and I wiped the BB today to return it, but apparently Easter is now christmas and everything was closed. Sorry to disappoint you guys, honestly I almost even bought the 9930 instead on saturday but the browser was too slow. I think I went back to BB expecting it to be like my BB of old that I missed, but it wasn't. I mean, you can't even change the font! you can't on iOS either, but on my old pearl and curve, that was a feature I loved. I thought about waiting for the Q10, but decided I just dislike the look of the software too much, the hub is kind of ugly , and honestly I never got my emails until about 12 hours after my ipad got them on its Mail app, which isn't even the greatest. I know, I'm a traitor, but iphone, here I come!
    Sad story bro.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 12:12 AM
    All I can say is that this is not normal. Never had any of these issues you speak of. Too bad. Oh well, good luck with your next choice.

Posted via CB10
    pandapurple, ErinnM and maddie1128 like this.
    04-01-13 12:21 AM
    Cool story bro
    Got my Z10 from Verizon in the mail on thursday. And tomorrow morning I am exchanging it for an iphone 5. (was previous iphone 4 user) I've been anxiously counting the days and months waiting for this phone, pre ordered in white, bought it a fancy case and screen protector, but I hate it. I liked it for about two days, but once the new factor wore off, and after it kept turning itself off and rebooting for no reason-6 times within 3.5 days- I can't do it. I hate texting on it, I thought I messed up on the iOS keyboard a lot, but boy was I wrong! I tried all ways of texting also, in letter, in column, or off, and I just hate it. I think the UI is smooth, and I really like the concept behind the software, gesture based is very nice, but I just hate it. No apps that I like, and the ones I did download from app world didn't even work (literally, didn't work), and I hate that you can't simply touch a place in text, "select all" or copy paste simply, it always did it in the wrong place, and would drop the keyboard. I don't know, I am sorry, I really tried to like it, even went to return it and changed my mind in the store to try again, but I'm having apple withdrawals, I even went so far as to turn on imessage on my 4 and text from it (90% of the people who text me or who I text have iphones) and I wiped the BB today to return it, but apparently Easter is now christmas and everything was closed. Sorry to disappoint you guys, honestly I almost even bought the 9930 instead on saturday but the browser was too slow. I think I went back to BB expecting it to be like my BB of old that I missed, but it wasn't. I mean, you can't even change the font! you can't on iOS either, but on my old pearl and curve, that was a feature I loved. I thought about waiting for the Q10, but decided I just dislike the look of the software too much, the hub is kind of ugly , and honestly I never got my emails until about 12 hours after my ipad got them on its Mail app, which isn't even the greatest. I know, I'm a traitor, but iphone, here I come!
    04-01-13 12:25 AM
    Sounds like you really are going thru major iPhone withdrawal . That's fine -- it's a pretty good phone.

In any case, it's not normal for the Z10 to keep re-booting as many times as it did, or for email to take so long.

Now that you've wiped the phone, you could give it another shot to see if things work better.
    Copying is pretty easy. Long press on the word to select it (actually the longer you press, you get progressively more and more selected -- a word, then a sentence, then a paragraph). Then tap and hold that to get the contextual menu (on the right side). Then select copy. To paste, just tap where you want to paste and paste. If you see the giant magnifying glass, just tap on that to position it one character at a time, or just move it.

A two finger swipe from the bottom brings up the BB keyboard.

As for apps, it's unfortunate that some don't work with the current Verizon software (apparently it's the same software everyone else has but some apps don't work since they look for a specific software name -10.0.10.x).

It looks like you'll probably enjoy the iPhone5 better, but if you have time, give the Z10 one more try
    04-01-13 12:34 AM
    Nice title change on this thread! Did the OP do that or was it the mods?
    04-01-13 12:37 AM
    Going for number 3?
    Hilarious. It is beginning to make sense now...
    reeneebob likes this.
    04-01-13 12:40 AM
    I absolutely agree with the op. It's very disappointing what BlackBerry has become. No matter how much you are denying it, WE HAVE BEEN SOLD A POS ANDROID WEARING AN BLACKBERRY BADGE ! Nothing in the Z10 is Blackberry, nothing. Jesus Christ why don't you guys just admit it. I am pissed off because I had blackberries all my life and this is not ok. Thorsten Heist lied to us, THIS IS NOT A BlackBerry PHONE AND IT WILL NEVER BE. No BIS, huge power consumption that bad that will make Androids laugh, push worse that Apple (FML) on everything that runs on the phone, no open API's to the developers so zero chance to improve the OS, all these made me throw this phone into the wall.

I'll go back to my 9330 probably buy 3-4 used ones from eBay to have spares. Because I want a Blackberry not a gay Android with a Blackberry badge

BLACKBERRY IS DEAD

Posted via CB10
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    04-01-13 12:41 AM
    Mine too! Wish the moderators would show a little love here to the Blackberry Fans too. I mean it's very difficult to control one self when someone from another platform comes to a Blackberry Forum and starts bashing BB10 and intentionally praises the platform he or she may be affiliated with!
    Win the undecideds with balanced, respectful rebuttals.
    JeepBB, m1a1mg, h20work and 3 others like this.
    04-01-13 12:41 AM
    It seems that these random Z10 issues are just too random.. A friend of mine, his first Z10, the keys kept getting stuck and freezes a lot.. He exchanged it for another Z10 and the next one works like a beauty ... Seems like a hit and miss with these problem.. Definitely, a bad batch of phones om random areas ..
    mookieson likes this.
    04-01-13 12:42 AM
    Going for number 3?
    LOL. I've had different user names before I started the "BannedForNoReason" series Do you remember the "MyLastAccountWasBanned" series? I think I reached 4 or 5 with that
    maddie1128 and Harley Kid like this.
    04-01-13 12:42 AM
    I absolutely agree with the op. It's very disappointing what BlackBerry has become. No matter how much you are denying it, WE HAVE BEEN SOLD A POS ANDROID WEARING AN BLACKBERRY BADGE ! Nothing in the Z10 is Blackberry, nothing. Jesus Christ why don't you guys just admit it. I am pissed off because I had blackberries all my life and this is not ok. Thorsten Heist lied to us, THIS IS NOT A BlackBerry PHONE AND IT WILL NEVER BE. No BIS, huge power consumption that bad that will make Androids laugh, push worse that Apple (FML) on everything that runs on the phone, no open API's to the developers so zero chance to improve the OS, all these made me throw this phone into the wall.

I'll go back to my 9330 probably buy 3-4 used ones from eBay to have spares. Because I want a Blackberry not a gay Android with a Blackberry badge

BLACKBERRY IS DEAD

Posted via CB10
    A little unfair to be so dismissive of a project that some might say perfectly represents the new BlackBerry.

The company had to adjust, and I think it's a valiant effort.
    04-01-13 12:44 AM
    Totally agree... why are my post being targeted and being deleted!!

If you are going to delete my posts because I put down that I dont believe any of this that was written down and voicing my opinion.. then I suggest you go through all the other threads and delete others as well..

I find this very offensive that my posts are being deleted!!!

How about you delete troll posts then. This isn't a forum for an opinion piece for someone who has no prior posts. Maybe if she had actually asked for help with the rebooting issue or something, we would take this a little more seriously?
    04-01-13 12:44 AM

BLACKBERRY IS DEAD

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the laugh budd. I woke up the wife with that one.

Posted via CB10
    Bobcat665 and ciprianmuresan like this.
    04-01-13 12:45 AM
    I hav to so agree wit ur quote!smh blackberry isn't for everyone xpecially someone who doesn't even giv the phone or the bb10 a chance! Rip to steve jobs but wats. Goin to b different bout this iphone5 ......wat a better camera hmmm or even a different color ?or maybe more useless apps to add to the other millions of useless apps u hav!
    I hate these posts. Just leave and return the phone. Move on. We all know there are some issues with the OS, but all I know is, I'm in on the ground floor of some new and great.

I have to ask, how many apps did Apple have when the first iPhone was introduced?

Posted via CB10 on Zed10
    04-01-13 12:45 AM
    Sounds like you really are going thru major iPhone withdrawal . That's fine -- it's a pretty good phone.

In any case, it's not normal for the Z10 to keep re-booting as many times as it did, or for email to take so long.

Now that you've wiped the phone, you could give it another shot to see if things work better.
    Copying is pretty easy. Long press on the word to select it (actually the longer you press, you get progressively more and more selected -- a word, then a sentence, then a paragraph). Then tap and hold that to get the contextual menu (on the right side). Then select copy. To paste, just tap where you want to paste and paste. If you see the giant magnifying glass, just tap on that to position it one character at a time, or just move it.

A two finger swipe from the bottom brings up the BB keyboard.

As for apps, it's unfortunate that some don't work with the current Verizon software (apparently it's the same software everyone else has but some apps don't work since they look for a specific software name -10.0.10.x).

It looks like you'll probably enjoy the iPhone5 better, but if you have time, give the Z10 one more try
    See? A post like this reflects maturity and balance. No anger. No lashing out. Just useful information that folks can learn from.
    04-01-13 12:46 AM
    Im sure my post had nothing in it about disrespecting anyone.

I commented that I disagree and I dont believe any of this.

And then even my Happy April Fools Day post gets deleted as well?? where is the disrespect in that?

It all comes down to respect, people.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 12:47 AM
    Thanks for the laugh budd. I woke up the wife with that one.

Posted via CB10
    Anytime

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 12:48 AM
    Im sure my post had nothing in it about disrespecting anyone.

I commented that I disagree and I dont believe any of this.

And then even my Happy April Fools Day post gets deleted as well?? where is the disrespect in that?
    None. I had literally 5 accounts banned in one day at one point when I was posting helpful info. There was no reason given or anything. I had to contact site admins to stop it. I'm guessing some of the mods on these forums are a little overzealous.
    04-01-13 12:49 AM
    Mines randomly rebooting and it's awful

Posted via CB10
    Then take it back and get a new one, simple no phone should randomly reboot

Posted from my Zed 10*CA*
    04-01-13 12:55 AM
    8 posts, another fisher looking for a bite! Never bought the phone, just causing trouble. Nothing to see here.

And by the way, this line "and I hate that you can't simply touch a place in text, "select all" or copy paste simply, it always did it in the wrong place, and would drop the keyboard." This is more prone to happen on iOS than the BB. I know cause I have a work issued 4s that does this ALL The time!! But not my Z10. No issues here, April 8 will mark two months and best phone experience so far!!!!
    dirt662 and BCLoco like this.
    04-01-13 01:02 AM
    I wish people would tell the truth I had bought my z10 from T-Mobile love the rate plan I haven't had one reboot or shut down at all and I'm a heavy fb user text user,internet,I spend a good average of 12 hrs of use no battery issue I wish people would recognize good products I have been a blackberry user since the 7100 bold 9700 and the 9900 and the torch 9810 my wife love's a lot, like I said no problem with my z10

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 01:16 AM
    Go with what makes you happy man. Good luck.
    04-01-13 01:19 AM
223 1234 ...