Got my Z10 from Verizon in the mail on thursday. And tomorrow morning I am exchanging it for an iphone 5. (was previous iphone 4 user) I've been anxiously counting the days and months waiting for this phone, pre ordered in white, bought it a fancy case and screen protector, but I hate it. I liked it for about two days, but once the new factor wore off, and after it kept turning itself off and rebooting for no reason-6 times within 3.5 days- I can't do it. I hate texting on it, I thought I messed up on the iOS keyboard a lot, but boy was I wrong! I tried all ways of texting also, in letter, in column, or off, and I just hate it. I think the UI is smooth, and I really like the concept behind the software, gesture based is very nice, but I just hate it. No apps that I like, and the ones I did download from app world didn't even work (literally, didn't work), and I hate that you can't simply touch a place in text, "select all" or copy paste simply, it always did it in the wrong place, and would drop the keyboard. I don't know, I am sorry, I really tried to like it, even went to return it and changed my mind in the store to try again, but I'm having apple withdrawals, I even went so far as to turn on imessage on my 4 and text from it (90% of the people who text me or who I text have iphones) and I wiped the BB today to return it, but apparently Easter is now christmas and everything was closed. Sorry to disappoint you guys, honestly I almost even bought the 9930 instead on saturday but the browser was too slow. I think I went back to BB expecting it to be like my BB of old that I missed, but it wasn't. I mean, you can't even change the font! you can't on iOS either, but on my old pearl and curve, that was a feature I loved. I thought about waiting for the Q10, but decided I just dislike the look of the software too much, the hub is kind of ugly , and honestly I never got my emails until about 12 hours after my ipad got them on its Mail app, which isn't even the greatest. I know, I'm a traitor, but iphone, here I come!
    stefman722 likes this.
    03-31-13 10:51 PM
    Oh, one more note, I know Verizon doesn't have the newest update, but I'm sorry this battery is absolute garbage!!!!!
    03-31-13 10:52 PM
    The iPhone 5 is a good phone, and certainly sounds like the better choice for you. So no shame in going to what you like (you won't find such understanding people on here...lol).

I'm still thoroughly enjoying mine though, and haven't missed my old android or ios devices at all.

We'll see though when the iPhone 5 comes out, I always like new stuff

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 10:57 PM
    Sorry that it didn't work out for you. Glad you gave it a try. Hope it all works out for you and the new device

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    03-31-13 10:58 PM
    Honestly its going to take a week for the battery to improve. And the newer updates to make a difference. You have 14 days i think with VZW and I would use them to make sure you are making the right choice for you. You still feel the iphone is for you then certainly go for it. its a great phone also
    03-31-13 10:59 PM
    Pic or it didnt happen.
    beamolite, robkd, ErinnM and 11 others like this.
    03-31-13 11:00 PM
    Sorry to lose you to the Dark Side again... Honestly have had no reboot issues ever with my Z10 and I got it day one in Canada. Battery with normal use for me lasts a day and a half. I am a realtor so I am on it a lot. With the updates and battery tweaks I have no issues. The Q10 battery will certainly rock out days upon days because it is a different screen. Somewhere on CB there is an article about this. The new BB10 system isn't for everyone but I expect you will be back after you experience the Q. The force is strong in this one....
    03-31-13 11:01 PM
    I hate these posts. Just leave and return the phone. Move on. We all know there are some issues with the OS, but all I know is, I'm in on the ground floor of some new and great.

I have to ask, how many apps did Apple have when the first iPhone was introduced?

Posted via CB10 on Zed10
    SDTRMG, wasabiGT, loc5 and 23 others like this.
    03-31-13 11:03 PM
    Mines randomly rebooting and it's awful

Posted via CB10
    BrittBW likes this.
    03-31-13 11:04 PM
    I was a 3+ year ios and iPhone owner, and just switched from the iPhone 5, bb10 is a superior os which I like that it gives me choice instead of apples way. My battery last longer then my iPhone 5 ( with nfc, and blue tooth off/screen at 40%.

To each there own, but you can't base your experience of bb10 and the z10 of a battery and especially if you won't even wait for the update to see the true potential of this phone.

Psa: I still use an ipad and MBP everyday.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 11:06 PM
    glad you like it, but if you hate these posts so much then why even read or take the time to reply? just so you can prove your point and be right? I have never understood that...... Just ignore the thread, I only read threads that can potentially help me with a problem or sound interesting or like new info. if it sounds like something I like, MOVE ON, like you suggested I do with my return. You like your phone, awesome. happy for you.
    richardat likes this.
    03-31-13 11:06 PM
    Funny. The only time I have -ever- had a problem with a BlackBerry was when something went wrong loading Italian firmware onto my 8900. And that problem was corrected the same day. Would have been in the same fifteen minutes, but I would have been late for work had I stayed home to re-reload the software.

Meanwhile I never hear anything good about iPhones. They drop calls, burn through cellular data when it's allegedly turned off, kill their batteries until the cells rupture and explode, cannot connect to wifi, cannot authenticate any Yahoo (and now Microsoft) email accounts, iCloud was hacked and Apple swept it under the rug, and a whole host of other issues. Ah well, one more Z10 returned means another near-new refurbished one for someone who can't afford a brand-new one.
    03-31-13 11:08 PM
    Funny. The only time I have -ever- had a problem with a BlackBerry was when something went wrong loading Italian firmware onto my 8900. And that problem was corrected the same day. Would have been in the same fifteen minutes, but I would have been late for work had I stayed home to re-reload the software.

Meanwhile I never hear anything good about iPhones. They drop calls, burn through cellular data when it's allegedly turned off, kill their batteries until the cells rupture and explode, cannot connect to wifi, cannot authenticate any Yahoo (and now Microsoft) email accounts, iCloud was hacked and Apple swept it under the rug, and a whole host of other issues. Ah well, one more Z10 returned means another near-new refurbished one for someone who can't afford a brand-new one.
    that's a good positive way to look at it I however, being a previous bb user, and android user and ios user, have never had problem with my iphone, never dropped a call or any of these other problems you have stated, sorry if those were issues you had, that's unfortunate. maybe it depends on the network. Verizon is the best network in the usa, honestly, so maybe that makes a difference, i've heard they are bad on at&t drop call wise. well, a beautifl, white z10 without a mark will be going back, so someone else can enjoy it and I truly hope they fair better than I did.
    Beth Mitchell Reed likes this.
    03-31-13 11:11 PM
    Why are you even bothering replying to this guy? You think the OP is genuine!
    that wasn't who I was replying to was replying to the haters who read my post and took the time to comment even though they knew from the gate they wouldn't enjoy what I had to say. lol. sorry if it seemed that way
    03-31-13 11:12 PM
    knock off the personal remarks and troll calling.
    03-31-13 11:14 PM
    My z10 hasn't rebooted once. I'm loving this device. Enjoy your Iphone. It sounds like a good fit for you. But if that is your choice...I suggest doing it and leaving this thread behind. I would actually have suggested not making this thread but regardless, if you're truly happy with your choice then make it happen and move on.

Posted via CB10
    Cracktere, bigbmc26 and seacan2 like this.
    03-31-13 11:15 PM
    knock off the personal remarks and troll calling.
    How about you delete troll posts then. This isn't a forum for an opinion piece for someone who has no prior posts. Maybe if she had actually asked for help with the rebooting issue or something, we would take this a little more seriously?
    03-31-13 11:15 PM
    Got my Z10 from Verizon in the mail on thursday. And tomorrow morning I am exchanging it for an iphone 5. (was previous iphone 4 user) I've been anxiously counting the days and months waiting for this phone, pre ordered in white, bought it a fancy case and screen protector, but I hate it. I liked it for about two days, but once the new factor wore off, and after it kept turning itself off and rebooting for no reason-6 times within 3.5 days- I can't do it. I hate texting on it, I thought I messed up on the iOS keyboard a lot, but boy was I wrong! I tried all ways of texting also, in letter, in column, or off, and I just hate it. I think the UI is smooth, and I really like the concept behind the software, gesture based is very nice, but I just hate it. No apps that I like, and the ones I did download from app world didn't even work (literally, didn't work), and I hate that you can't simply touch a place in text, "select all" or copy paste simply, it always did it in the wrong place, and would drop the keyboard. I don't know, I am sorry, I really tried to like it, even went to return it and changed my mind in the store to try again, but I'm having apple withdrawals, I even went so far as to turn on imessage on my 4 and text from it (90% of the people who text me or who I text have iphones) and I wiped the BB today to return it, but apparently Easter is now christmas and everything was closed. Sorry to disappoint you guys, honestly I almost even bought the 9930 instead on saturday but the browser was too slow. I think I went back to BB expecting it to be like my BB of old that I missed, but it wasn't. I mean, you can't even change the font! you can't on iOS either, but on my old pearl and curve, that was a feature I loved. I thought about waiting for the Q10, but decided I just dislike the look of the software too much, the hub is kind of ugly , and honestly I never got my emails until about 12 hours after my ipad got them on its Mail app, which isn't even the greatest. I know, I'm a traitor, but iphone, here I come!
    No worries, you use the phone that works best for you. I would have suggested that you researched the app situation beforehand and attempted to sideload the apps that you need but it is your call.

Also, I would have exchanged the phone when it started to reboot.

One thing that I agree with you about is the the battery is less than ideal on mine as well. Even after a week but I'm going to try to get a new one.

It is my impression though that at heart you don't want to leave apple at all. Good luck to you

Posted via CB10
    BrittBW, trynacu2 and Cracktere like this.
    03-31-13 11:16 PM
    I am no going back to any other phone bit even if I did it would be to my BlackBerry Bold 9900 more features and app availability easier functionality but hoping some updates fix these bugs I've experienced and so fat its rebooted on its own 1nce since I got my new BlackBerry z10 since T-Mobile release date
    BrittBW likes this.
    03-31-13 11:18 PM
    [...], but I'm having apple withdrawals,[...]( I know, I'm a traitor, but iphone, here I come!
    Here is the real argument of your thread.

Sorry it didn't work out for you. Good luck with your iPhone.
    trynacu2, seacan2 and wasabiGT like this.
    03-31-13 11:20 PM
    Hope you enjoy the device you settle on. The z10 is the best smartphone in the market in my opinion, but we know what opinions are like right?

Ya, I am an unabashed BB supporter. Don't like that? Then put me on ignore.
    03-31-13 11:22 PM
    hey why did my posts get deleted???
    Mine too! Wish the moderators would show a little love here to the Blackberry Fans too. I mean it's very difficult to control one self when someone from another platform comes to a Blackberry Forum and starts bashing BB10 and intentionally praises the platform he or she may be affiliated with!
    seacan2 and BCLoco like this.
    03-31-13 11:29 PM
    I hate these posts. Just leave and return the phone. Move on. We all know there are some issues with the OS, but all I know is, I'm in on the ground floor of some new and great.

I have to ask, how many apps did Apple have when the first iPhone was introduced?

Posted via CB10 on Zed10
    Said everyone who bought a playbook....

Posted via CB10
    2ys4u, kevinnugent, JeepBB and 5 others like this.
    03-31-13 11:39 PM
    It all comes down to respect, people.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-31-13 11:40 PM
    Tl;dr

Posted via CB10
    Felix_9300 likes this.
    03-31-13 11:46 PM
223 123 ...