Sorry if this is a repeat or duplicate but i tired wading through the hundreds of pages and failed to find this particular problem.

On bell Canada with newly installed 4181. No issues on install and device runs well. Had similar problem to others that sms were gone and couldn't open or reply or send a text.

After waiting for about an hour and soft resetting twice plus one battery pull, all my texts came back.

Then, day 2, early evening the phone did the same thing of not letting me see, open or compose a text. Couple soft resets and a battery pull and another 40 mins of waiting, texts were back and I could use sms features.

Day 3, the same thing happened.

I'm missing texts and mms during the outages and it's a killer. I realize os needs few days to settle but anyone else experiences these intermittent sms issues?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 09:09 AM
    Just started for me. Rogers. Can't do anything with sms and when I try I get different results so I can't say it's this or that.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 09:11 AM
    This was happening to me as well. I ended up (after some difficulty) deleting a very long text conversation between my wife and I (it only went back to February....) and the phone's been running great ever since - 16 hours now without a problem. I'm wondering if the new text notification system they implemented in the 10.1MR is somehow going through all the old messages and marking them, or trying to and just getting hung up. It really only presented itself when opening a couple long sms conversations.
    08-02-13 10:14 AM
    I tried to find somewhere to automatically delete messages older than say 4 weeks or where anything over 200 messages the oldest is deleted. Couldn't find that anywhere though.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 10:20 AM
    I figured it had to do with long sms histories. Sadly there are some long threads I was hoping to preserve but I guess I can't have it all!

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 10:30 AM
    I had the same issue - if I rebooted the phone it struggled to load SMS messages.

I realized it had to do with a few super long histories I had... so I cleared them.

The phone has been fine with SMS for 2 days now, no lag and no missing messages. I left the rest of the shorter histories and just cleared out the two huge ones that went back to feb.

Problem solved.

-Chris-
    08-02-13 10:43 AM