Hi folks. Not sure if this is covered anywhere else. I missed some of the emotions on bbm on my new z10. Such as the beer glass for cheers.

However having said that today just spotted that when you are in the emotions you slide your finger to the left for The 2nd screen of emotions. Right?

But if you do this very slowly you will see 4 icons in between the 2 screens. Wine beer food and coffee mug I believe.

Excuse me if everyone else knew this but I certainly did not. And iv had my z10 for over 1 month.

Cheers!!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 09:01 PM
    I noticed this too, at first I thought it was just 2 screens you swipe between, because of the 2 dots that are there it just seems practical, but that is not what it is. It is a long list that can be scrolled through, they should remove the dots that symbolize 2 pages for sure.

Posted via CB10
    DocDRM and EsJayDee like this.
    04-14-13 09:07 PM
    Hi folks. Not sure if this is covered anywhere else. I missed some of the emotions on bbm on my new z10. Such as the beer glass for cheers.

However having said that today just spotted that when you are in the emotions you slide your finger to the left for The 2nd screen of emotions. Right?

But if you do this very slowly you will see 4 icons in between the 2 screens. Wine beer food and coffee mug I believe.

Excuse me if everyone else knew this but I certainly did not. And iv had my z10 for over 1 month.

Cheers!!

Posted via CB10
    Good eye! Didn't notice that!
    04-14-13 09:08 PM
    Correction their is 12 hidden emotions!!

Cheers!! (insert beer glass here)

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG and mrhappy11 like this.
    04-14-13 09:12 PM
    The fact that they are hidden is in reality something relative. One can argue that you scroll through the list too fast. And rationalize that since there are two dots on top of the list you think there are two pages like my friend here just said. I never had this issue since I slide it slowly and it moved. If the list would hold its place like it belonged in one place then the feedback I get is that it wants me to slide it all the way. That's what I rationalized.

Posted via CB10
    nappalonia likes this.
    04-14-13 10:22 PM
    The beer one was the first that I looked for when I got my z10. It's the one I used most often with my other blackberrys.

Z10 Flavour since 12.2.13
    04-15-13 02:45 AM
    Finding the beer icon to me is almost like Instagram and Skype being released. Lol
    04-15-13 09:15 AM
    You can stop it mid-swipe and select the beer icon.
    04-15-13 09:34 AM
    Not hidden, you just need to do a slow drag instead of a fast swipe:

4 hidden emotions on bbm.-img_00000049.png

4 hidden emotions on bbm.-img_00000050.png

4 hidden emotions on bbm.-img_00000051.png
    04-15-13 09:41 AM
    Thanks OP, i never would have figured this out had it not been for your post. Strange why it does that, something BB needs to fix and also add more emoticons as well.
    EsJayDee likes this.
    04-15-13 09:47 AM
    They are on the newest release BBM on OS7 and below and I've been using those since I got my Z10 on Feb 5th. Because of the Heart <3 emotions i send to my fiance all the time... I just thought everyone knew about this...
    04-15-13 09:49 AM
    Nice to post this for folks that only considered 2 pages due to the "dots". I knew they were there but I can definitely understand the confusion that could occur.

Now, what I haven't tried is the old post from JayDee with all the other symbols that can be copied/pasted. Does that still work? I miss my AutoText / WordSubstitutions for all those symbols!
    04-15-13 10:03 AM
    Thanks OP, i never would have figured this out had it not been for your post. Strange why it does that, something BB needs to fix and also add more emoticons as well.
    Nothing to fix

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 10:15 AM
    Nothing to fix

Posted via CB10
    Of course there isnt is there??, for some people who swipe quickly between the 2 screens like me, would have never known about these 'hidden' icons so im thankful and grateful to the OP for posting this thread as i honestly didnt know about the half swipe and im sure there are plenty of users who do not know this.

So yes BB needs tp fix this, its not a huge issue but for some peopl it can be confusing to say the least.
    DocDRM and 007Storm like this.
    04-15-13 10:18 AM
    Nothing to fix

Posted via CB10
    Seconded, there is nothing to fix.
    04-15-13 10:19 AM
    Nothing to fix

Posted via CB10
    While I see where people are coming from that didn't know about the extra emoticons, there is nothing to fix at all. I learned day 1 on Feb 5th they were there by looking for the heart and not thought it was an issue for people not to see this...
    04-15-13 10:20 AM
    Thanks for this, figured they had to be part of the icon set just that the two dots are a bit misleading.
    04-15-13 10:24 AM
    While I see where people are coming from that didn't know about the extra emoticons, there is nothing to fix at all. I learned day 1 on Feb 5th they were there by looking for the heart and not thought it was an issue for people not to see this...
    Well iv had my cell since Feb 27. Very active user and did not find out about these until yesterday. Therefore decided to share with others that might have overlooked them as I did.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 10:28 AM
    Well iv had my cell since Feb 27. Very active user and did not find out about these until yesterday. Therefore decided to share with others that might have overlooked them as I did.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    LOL i'm not saying you did anything wrong, I'm just saying that i found out about the extra emoticons the first day with the phone, I guess with everything being gesture based, I was playing around in as many screens as possible to see where extra things are hiding.
    DocDRM likes this.
    04-15-13 10:30 AM
    Of course there isnt is there??, for some people who swipe quickly between the 2 screens like me, would have never known about these 'hidden' icons so im thankful and grateful to the OP for posting this thread as i honestly didnt know about the half swipe and im sure there are plenty of users who do not know this.

So yes BB needs tp fix this, its not a huge issue but for some peopl it can be confusing to say the least.
    This a user error. The user has to take some responsibility.
    04-15-13 11:43 AM
    I think it set up just fine. Nothing to fix. You scroll over and pick whichever emoticon you want. I never look at it as page 1 and page 2. I look at it as one continuous page. You swipe to the one you want and choose it. Let team BlackBerry focus on other more important things to fix adjust.

BlackBerry Z10 and 32gb PlayBook
    04-15-13 11:51 AM
    LOL sure if you say so, like i said ive had my z10 for over a mth and didnt see these hidden icons and im sure many wont either or wont know if their existence. So how it can be a user error is beyond me and no i shouldnt have to take any responsibility for not knowing of these icons....it would be different if BB had provided some documentation regarding these icons and where they are and if they had did that and still the user couldnt figure it out, then fair enough the user should take some responsibility. Luckily the OP decided to make a thread to point it out otherwise me and i imagine a few others wouldnt have known of these icons.

Im not saying its of huge importance that BB fix it but they should do something so that people who are looking for these icons arent sitting their scratching their heads wondering where they have gone.
    007Storm and MarsupilamiX like this.
    04-15-13 11:56 AM
    And so does BlackBerry when it comes to uniformity throughout the OS. On list of deals, biggest to smallest, this is somewhere near the latter, but nonetheless, it's relevant. On the home screen, you have a dot for each screen of icons. You swipe from side to side between the screens, and the particular dot representing the screen you're on is highlighted. Then you go to something like this and you have a dot for each screen of icons. You swipe side to side between the screens, and the particular dot representing the screen you're on is highlighted- except that it isn't. This is a scrolling panel, not a set of screens. The dots at the bottom are misleading and should be removed.

Again, not a big deal, and as far as fixes go, its priority should be somewhere just below the developer playing a few games of solitaire, but still, it's sloppy and should be fixed someday.
    DocDRM likes this.
    04-15-13 12:12 PM
    It's just the way the animation is. There's no pages, it's endless scroll.

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    04-15-13 12:15 PM
    It's just the way the animation is. There's no pages, it's endless scroll.

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    Then why have the 2 dots?? It's like scrolling the apps pages with the dots but like having HIDDEN apps in between the dots!!! Doesn't make sence.
    curvezzz likes this.
    04-15-13 12:27 PM
41 12