Hi all,

I recently purchased a Z10 and I use regular internet data plan in India.
    I am having a strange problem: 3G internet disconnects after working for few hours and wont re-start, until I restart the phone. Only the internet disconnects, eventhough the phone has reception (can receive calls).
    When 3G is up and running a, capital 'H' symbol appears along with the BB icon (on top right corner, left of reception bars). But, when internet stops a small 'h' symbol appears and the BB icon disappears and applicatons/web browser that use internet show 'Network Error'.
    Now, when I restart my Z10, it re-connects to 3G with capital 'H' and the BB icon. 3G works again for few hours and the cycle repeats.
    Is there anyone facing similar issue? Kindly let me know why this might happen and if there is any solution.

Thanks & Regards.
    03-26-13 10:54 PM
    Hi all,

I am having a strange problem: 3G internet disconnects after working for few hours and wont re-start, until I restart the phone. Only the internet disconnects, eventhough the phone has reception (can receive calls).
    When 3G is up and running a, capital 'H' symbol appears along with the BB icon (on top right corner, left of reception bars). But, when internet stops a small 'h' symbol appears and the BB icon disappears and applicatons/web browser that use internet show 'Network Error'.
    Now, when I restart my Z10, it re-connects to 3G with capital 'H' and the BB icon. 3G works again for few hours and the cycle repeats.
    Is there anyone facing similar issue? Kindly let me know why this might happen and if there is any solution.

Thanks & Regards.
    Interesting, I was just going to post a thread about this as something similar is happening to me, BUT so far it only happens in one location, which is the gym where I work out. Let me give some details...

At the gym I go to, they have small metal cubbies/lockers right outside the dressing rooms/shower area where you can lock up your wallet, keys and cell phone before you go in to change and work out. I've observed that when I place my Z10 into the metal cubby before a workout, when I take it out after my workout (typically 1 to 2 hours later), it will have lost network connectivity and there is a red bar where the white signal strength indicator (the bars) usually shows up. If I go into 'settings'>'about'>'network on the Z10 the screen is blank. For the past few days, I have done a power cycle of the phone while walking to my car from the gym to restore connectivity.

BUT...

Tonight I was in a hurry and was going to wait until I was in my car and on the road...and...the network came back on at some point after I got into my car without my having to restart the phone. So I'm not sure what could be going on. I should mention that this never happened with my old mobile phone, and plenty of people at the gym get good reception on their phones. Also, I am in the US and have service from AT&T (usually 4G LTE from looking at the Z10 indicator light).

But this is definitely repeatable behavior. Can anyone shed any light on what could be going on?
    03-27-13 01:51 AM
    I am having the same problem with one place in general. When I get to work my phone z10 will say no wireless service. I turn off the network and data then turn it back on, then I have full bars att 4G lte. It only happens when I first go into the office. After this I don't lose it again. It is kind of irritating. Please could you fix this bug blackberry!!! I paid for a 600 dollar blackberry machine and I want it to run 100% like one.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 02:00 AM
    Hey guys

Same problem here in the UAE on the du network,

At times during the day the H symbol would change to the h symbol and I would lose the BlackBerry symbol

Here's a solution I tried, went into the settings and the network settings and set it to 3g only or in case of 4g enabled z10 4g only, now it doesn't drop and even if it does it reconnects within seconds

Try it out and see if it helps

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 09:17 AM
    This is happening to me on wifi-only connections too. Here in the office I am very close to the wireless access point and no other device ever has a problem maintaining its connection.

It seems like there is a timeout or sleep timer in the Z10 that won't reconnect on wakeup (just a SWAG on this).

Sometimes I'll put the Z10 into airplane mode for a few minutes and a connection gets reestablished on leaving airplane mode... but not always. When this gets really wedged not even a reboot will cure it. Meanwhile, all the other wifi-connected devices around here stay connected.

I've tried forcing a connection with an app that needs the internet but that doesn't seem to work either (when the BB icon isn't displayed).

Is there an official user-discovered bug-reporting site?

allan
    03-27-13 02:06 PM
    Has everyone here updated to the recent version of firmware available?
    I am still on the older software version for STL-1, i.e. 10.0.10.348. There is a 10.0.10.82 available. Not sure whether the update might solve the problem.
    03-28-13 10:08 PM
    Hi all,

Thanks & Regards.
    I get this as well,

3G 'BB symbol' Signal

Then after a while I get this...

3G Signal

(However in network connection its '3g')

and everything stops working, there is no connection, only a device restart will bring connection back.

It's so annoying but luckily it happens less frequently with the latest OS software.

Initial OS felt quite often maybe every 2/3 days it would disconnect.

10.0.10.90 feels much less often, it's only happened once maybe twice since I updated.

I'm in the UK, network is EE (Orange).

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 05:36 AM
    Hi all,

The issue seems to have been sorted out for time being atleast, after an update to the latest version 10.0.10.82 and setting 'Network Mode' (in Mobile Network settings) to '3G' only. Its been a week and internet is working fine. A 'H+' or '3G' logo along with the 'BB icon' appears now.

Regards.
    04-24-13 02:53 AM