I would totally go for a larger battery. Here is what i want:
    1. 3000mAh battery that goes in the SAME slot as the current battery. Lets get a Chinese company to make that.
    A chinese company will make a battery labelled 5000mAh that goes in the SAME slot and be the SAME size.
    The problem is that the actual capacity will probably be only 500mAh.
    Yes, I've had a lot of bad experience with generic batteries from China. I bought an extra battery for my 8900 and it worked great for the most part. Then I switched to a new phone so I put my 8900 away. The other day, I pulled it out and saw the extra battery I bought was bulging out NOTICEABLY. Instead of being only 5mm thick, it was like 8mm thick at the widest point. Luckily it didn't explode on me.
    03-31-13 04:58 PM
    Bought one or these for 14 bux...sale ends tonight. Looks small enough to carry around if needed.

nomorerack.com

Posted via CB10
    These can be easily had for less than $10 on Ebay. I would guess that whoever you bought it from, source them from China as well.

Here is an example:
    2200mah USB Power Bank Portable External Battery Pack for ipad2 iphone 5 4S blue | eBay
    I would high recommend AGAINST, buying these because in general, the reported capacities are significantly higher than the actual capacity, and the recharge cycles are also significantly less than what you would typically find from a genuine product here in North America.
    That being said, there are some good deals to be had on Ebay if you look carefully. Just remember, you get what you pay for. If it is significantly less, then the quality will also probably be significantly worse.

Edit: I am in no way affiliated to the ebay posting above. I simply searched for "external battery" on ebay.
    03-31-13 05:05 PM
    Just to clarify my previous post, the battery would go in the same slot, but be thicker like those seidio batteries. It would have to come with a different case back to accommodate the difference in thickness.

I would like the optionality.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 05:11 PM
    Just to clarify my previous post, the battery would go in the same slot, but be thicker like those seidio batteries. It would have to come with a different case back to accommodate the difference in thickness.

I would like the optionality.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I know you meant a thicker battery.
    I was mostly replying to the part where you said "a chinese company". And simply saying there are a lot of mislabelled batteries out there.
    03-31-13 06:41 PM
    That is because the battery life on that is 2,100mAh compared to the 1,800mAh on the Z10. Even tho its a little bit bigger, it still gives better battery life. My buddy has a Developers Q10 & he said the battery life is a bit better on the Q10 then the Z10.
    Only a 'bit better'?

This sparked my interest because I was talking with someone I know who is a phone tester.....
    ...And he told me the Q10 battery life isn't as good as the Bold 9900.
    ...I didn't even want to believe that but don't know why he would say this if it wasn't true.

For a short time I had the HTC Evo 4G and the battery life on that phone.....
    ...Appears to be what many people on the Z10 are experiencing.
    ...I'm a fairly heavy user - get / make lots of calls / lots of emails, a few texts and several pics.

My iphone 4S lasts 12 hours pretty easily.
    03-31-13 10:23 PM
    I carry one of these in my work rucksack

20000 mAh External Portable Powerbank Power Bank Source for ipad/iphone/galaxy | eBay

Keeps the battery charged on the phone
    Does it work with the Z10?

I've tried several of these devices with friends that own them and they are not strong enough to charge the Z10.

I tried Powergen 5200mah last night and it kept turning off when trying to charge the Z10.

PowerGen PGMPP5200 5200mAh External Battery Pack 1Amp Output - Black : Battery Pack

I just found this one claiming to be for the Z10.....

Hyperion 10 000mAh External Battery Pack and Charger for Blackberry Z10 or Q10 | eBay

Just don't want to waste money on something that won't work.
    04-03-13 11:53 PM
    Yeah. A Chinese Co, will not be able to sign the batteries correctly anyway.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 12:06 AM
    Checked out that power skin, looks way to bulky.

I'd rather have a backup batter than have that product IMHO to big.

Plus I'm not having a battery issue at the moment. I'll probably end up picking up an extra battery soon.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 12:13 AM
    I average 26+ hrs and often get 33+ many days. No need for a bigger battery here. I am no gamer. However, I probably am a medium user in general. I have very little need for my spare battery.

Z10 + PB 64GB = Keep Moving. Posted using CB10 App
    04-04-13 12:49 AM
    The capacity of a battery is proportional to its volume. There has been linear improvement in energy density for lithium ion batteries since they were first invented, but no matter how much you pay any company, it is physically impossible to significantly increase the capacity of the battery without increasing the volume of the battery. The only blame lies on whomever invented chemistry.

Energy density - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I agree it would be cool for the industrial design to allow a user-selectable battery size, but the cost would probably outweigh the benefit. If you're really killing a battery before the day is up and you really don't have regular access to a plug-in or vehicle charger, is carrying a second battery all that bad?
    Actually they could probably pump it up a couple hundred and still have the same size battery as the OEM one just like they did with older BB's.
    04-04-13 01:01 AM
    If you're willing to trade-off bulk for more battery life, you can buy a PowerSkin for the Z10. At $80, it's a bit pricey, but it adds another 1500 mAh while offering device protection, and the NFC still works. PowerSkin for BlackBerry� Z10
    Ah. Looks good. If only I know about this before. Currently using power bank to charge when needed.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 01:09 AM
36 12