So I got my Z10 a month ago and I knew there was a price to pay for being an early adopter. After suffering, like most, syncing with Link or trying to move my data from my old blackberry (9780) to my Z10, I finally settled into the thought that all frustrating glitches will get ironed out with upcoming firmware updates and that eventually, Blackberry Link will work like it should (even on a mac). This was a small price to pay for having this amazing phone.
    It's 2 firmware updates and one month later and I'm realizing that the price I'm paying is bigger than I first assumed. The more I used the phone, the more the UI just felt extremely counter-intuitive. I got exposed to options that I no longer had and 'compound glitches' that appear only when I did things in a certain order.

Here are some of my unfortunate discoveries/frustrations:

• The 'Return' key disappears from the keypad when replying to a message.
    • No Delete button in the dialpad during a call.
    • You cannot send an SMS from contacts directly.
    • You cannot edit a contact directly from the dialed list or contacts tab.
    • No quick way to get the bottom or top of a list (like 't' and 'b').
    • Remember doesn't have an alarm.
    • Text selection is a b!@($*. If you tap anywhere inside the selection circle it just moves the cursor one character in the direction of the tap.
    • Backspace continues to erase forwards as soon as it's done erasing backwards.
    • Extremely annoying disappearing-reappearing keypad during text selection/editing.
    • No screen capture.
    • No visual signifier for refreshing.
    • No option to SMS a number directly from received calls or hub if it is not in the contact list.
    • No option to paste a number in the dial-pad.
    • Keypad does not push up the options, it hides them.
    • BBM does not recognize phone numbers.
    • No customizable dock.

I assumed, when I first got the Z10 that I would have a hard time going back to my old blackberry. Sadly, to date I still find the 9780 has a more intuitive user inter-face.
    03-14-13 03:20 AM
    To screen cap just hold both volume rocker buttons. Though I will agree with you about the text selection being awful. As someone who deals with a lot of documents and copying, pasting, editing its terrible at the moment. They need to fix it asap. The best thing for YOU to do to resolve it is to a) list all these in the what updates would you like to see in bb10 Os thread b) forward that thread to the appropriate people who can do something about it.

CB10- z10
    03-14-13 03:27 AM
    Press both volume button simultaneously for screen capture.
    But I completely agree this phone is still in beta stages and should not have been released in the state it is.

*waits for the blackberry fan boys to cone chew my balls off.
    03-14-13 03:28 AM
    You might want to add some of these to the 'Running list of issues' thread. If only we could make that a sticky thread. We can only hope the powers that be listen to us before it's too late. I'm in agreement and now realise how good my old Torch was :-(
    03-14-13 03:32 AM
    There is already a sticky thread in the BB10 OS thread. A boatload of great ideas on how to improve the OS. Forward it to the appropriate people on twitter, email. I know I did you should too.

CB10- z10
    03-14-13 03:37 AM
    Alarm did not wake up the phone

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 03:56 AM
    I've tried corresponding with @Blackberry but never got a reply. I'll take a look at the BB10 thread - thanks
    03-14-13 04:13 AM