I have used the Z10 for 3 days. So far I have to say that I like it a lot. Coming from the galaxy S5 it takes time to adjust but overall I would say it is a nice little machine. It does take a bit more effort to get some things done as it seems the Galaxy has a more refined eco system such as banking apps etc. Battery life is ok but not good from my experience. This morning I disconnected the charger at 100 percent. By the time I arrived at work it was 92 percent and I had not used it at all. That is my only complain so far. My plan is to use it for a week and see how it goes. I will keep you all posted.
    Mohsin Ashfaq likes this.
    04-13-15 07:10 AM
    Nice! I love hearing people come from other OS' to try BB10! Hopefully you'll find the Z10 fitting your needs.

Agree with you on the battery, it lasts a long time at idle but at full use, barely five hours, for me at least.

Goodluck!

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 07:56 AM
    Get one of these. BlackBerry Battery Charger Bundle + Transform Shell (Black) for Z10 | BlackBerry Battery Chargers | CrackBerry Canada
    You can either replace your almost dead battery or plug this into the phone to charge up your battery.
    04-13-15 08:08 AM
    Battery drain from 100% to 90% is seen not to take long even in inactivity. But down from 90%, you really need to use your device. Power consumption is seen to stabilise between 90 & 30%. My experience though.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 08:41 AM
    As your phone is new, it is likely running some things in the background to synchronize accounts etc. You can change how frequently things are synchronized in account settings. Dimming the display also helps. There are many ways to optimize battery use, such as turning off LATE when not in use, as 3G/4G seems to use less power in my experience, with 4G being fast enough for me for most everyday tasks.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    04-13-15 08:57 AM
    Coming from the galaxy S5...
    It all depends how much you rely on Android applications. You're coming from a much faster hardware device running it's own apps. Z10 works fine with BB10 native apps, but the selection on BlackBerry World is very limited. Android apps performance is like Galaxy S2 level at best.
    04-13-15 09:09 AM
    Removable battery. If people use their phones so much between charges then get a second battery off eBay for literally a few bucks.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    04-13-15 10:56 AM
    Removable batteries,
    I have many, any way, last Saturday was the Grand National day, me and some mates make an all day event of it every year, as it's a long day I decided to take 2 spare Z10 batteries with me,
    15 hours of social network postings, uploading photos, BBM and some phone calls, at the end of the day the 1st battery still had some juice, I didn't need the spares, my iphone friends had to hunt around for power outlets,
    My Z10 was bought on day one of release, still as zippy now as it was then.
    True story.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    04-13-15 12:54 PM
    Yes, I plan on purchasing a power pack for my Z10. Today at work I was debating on switching back to the Galaxy but every time I pick up the Z10 its joy all over again. Not sure how to explain the feeling
    04-13-15 02:22 PM
    Yes, I plan on purchasing a power pack for my Z10. Today at work I was debating on switching back to the Galaxy but every time I pick up the Z10 its joy all over again. Not sure how to explain the feeling
    Give the phone time to "settle in". Battery time should improve. Also, if you are not running the latest OS (10.3.1.2726) you should consider updating. The battery life on that OS is much improved over any 10.2.1 OS in my opinion.
    Mohsin Ashfaq likes this.
    04-13-15 03:00 PM
    I moved to BB a month ago with a Z10. This afternoon when I first read this post I looked at my battery. 5 1/2 off the charger, three phone calls, several text messages, a couple of weather app checks, a few Crackberry reads and I was already down to 85%.
    However, I don't use 3G or 4G. I only use wifi. I can easily get 2 days on one charge.
    04-13-15 06:43 PM
    However, I don't use 3G or 4G. I only use wifi. I can easily get 2 days on one charge.
    Wow, you must have the RoboZ10!
    04-13-15 07:07 PM
    Battery performance was a bit better yesterday. Still happy with the Z10
    04-14-15 05:54 AM
    Battery performance was a bit better yesterday. Still happy with the Z10
    Hey there, you're a bit late to BlackBerry unfortunately, most would say you would be much happier with a z30. It's slightly faster, has triple the battery life, the best stereo speakers on a phone to date, usb OTG, and more.

If you enjoy BlackBerry 10 now, I'd seriously suggest you get a z30 to enjoy it much more, as it is currently the 'flagship' all-touch BlackBerry, even though it's a little old.
    04-14-15 06:06 AM
    I have used the Z10 for 3 days. So far I have to say that I like it a lot. Coming from the galaxy S5 it takes time to adjust but overall I would say it is a nice little machine. It does take a bit more effort to get some things done as it seems the Galaxy has a more refined eco system such as banking apps etc. Battery life is ok but not good from my experience. This morning I disconnected the charger at 100 percent. By the time I arrived at work it was 92 percent and I had not used it at all. That is my only complain so far. My plan is to use it for a week and see how it goes. I will keep you all posted.
    Battery is not good on Z10. I bought extra pack and car charger. That way when I need to swap battery the second one is full and ready to go. I get 6-8 hrs with my mid to heavy use (no games). Just intagram, Facebook, email text etc

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 06:36 AM
    I wish I could have been happy with my Z10!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 06:49 AM
    Battery life is ok but not good from my experience. This morning I disconnected the charger at 100 percent. By the time I arrived at work it was 92 percent and I had not used it at all. That is my only complain so far.
    Check for apps that are using up CPU % (RAM usage isn't as much a hit on battery life), even if it's less than 1% usage it takes a noticeable hit on battery life. This applies to Android and non-core apps, some I use infrequently so I just close them in device monitor

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    04-15-15 03:26 AM
    19 hours from 100 percent to 9 percent with average use through out the day. Not bad
    der_mit and Mohsin Ashfaq like this.
    04-16-15 05:36 AM
    You should give this battery a try, I'm finding it's lasting well into the evening..i use my Z10 mainly to contact our companies HVAC technicians, usually via long written TEXT messages with customers full addresses and phone number, I take this phone off the charger at 6:30, then I'm always on CB in the morning as I am now for a good 30 to 40 mins.every morning. text during the day a few phone calls, by the time I got home around 6pm last night for example I still had 62% on the battery. it cost me with shipping around $20.00 canadian.
    The updated OS has also helped increase the battery.
    3 days with the Z10 and thoughts so far-t2ec16zhjicfhoshyvrqbshfz1ygfg-60_1.jpg

Via The Mini Beast Z10
    04-16-15 06:05 AM
    Extended battery is also an option. I got the ones on ebay and they will last you more than 24 hours on moderate to heavy use. Until I got my z30 and passport, I used these on my z10s and was really happy.

Of course there is extra weight and bulk from the extended battery but it made the phone feel better in my hands and not as light.

Just giving you options on what to do. With the extended battery I didn't have to charge or swap out batteries.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 09:55 AM
    You should give this battery a try...
    Warning!
    Fake no-name Chinese battery with 1750mAh real capacity at best. Waste of time and money. Discussed many times here on CB, many of those are not even new. Old batteries with a new sticker. There is no standard size battery more than 1900mAh (Mugen).
    lift likes this.
    04-16-15 03:41 PM