Hahahaha, you sir, are hilarious.
    I'm rolling with the iToy5. There are certain things that i've gotten used to that aren't on the z10 yet so i'll wait.

In either case, it's nice to bring some levity to these boards from time to time.
    04-16-13 12:56 PM
    I'm of the belief (based on many threads and thousands of posts) that it's a memory issue with the OS, maybe having to do with the Hub.
    04-16-13 12:56 PM
    Many like myself believe it's software related. I got my Z10 on Feb 5th and didn't have ANY reboots till after the first OS update over a month later. BTW I got mine in Hamilton, ON, CA. Feb 5.

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    04-16-13 12:59 PM
    Why am I not surprised u on same carrier, probably same aim card.

It is a OS issue or an app your using issue or the Sim card, go get another sim card from the carrier.

It's not a Z10 issue.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-16-13 01:05 PM
    Why am I not surprised u on same carrier, probably same aim card.

It is a OS issue or an app your using issue or the Sim card, go get another sim card from the carrier.

It's not a Z10 issue.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    Is this you're theory or is it fact?
    04-16-13 01:13 PM
    I would be trying a different SIM if you have two different phones but the same SIM then you need to rule out that constant.
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-16-13 01:17 PM
    Seems these issues are all over the map. Exchange fixed mine. Exchange didn't fix mine. New SIM fixed mine. New SIM and mine still reboots. Wiped and fixed mine. Wiped and still reboots. Use link to install fixed mine. Used link to install, same issue.

Are there like several different phones with different components in them or what. I've never seen anything all over the place like this.
    It was no different on previous devices. The truth is no one knows if it is hardware or software. Even if there is no new programs installed the OS could be causing the reboot. ll devices are not created equal
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-16-13 01:23 PM
    Has there been any word or acknowledgement from Blackberry on this? I haven't checked their support site, but I am curious if they know about this and think it will possibly be resolved with 10.1. My device started rebooting too and I am on ATT and the latest OS. I also mentioned in another post that unless people have their eye on their device all the time, have apps that run constantly, or are checking in settings the last time the device was rebooted, they may have an issue and not know about it.
    04-16-13 01:38 PM
    Had phone since Feb 5, never once had a random reboot.

Posted via CB10
    How does this add to the discussion? OP asked a specific question. Frankly no one cares that you never had a reboot. I am tired of reading these threads where people are chiming in that their devices are not having any trouble.

Newsflash! No one gives a hoot!

OP - I would echo the sentiments of othere, you might be able to save yourself some legwork by doing a security wipe.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-16-13 01:47 PM
    My Z10 reboots itself just when I'm using one of the two bluetooth headsets that I have. When I use the Plantronic Backbeat it reboots itself once or twice per day but not when i'm using the planttronics voyager.
    04-16-13 02:16 PM
    How does this add to the discussion? OP asked a specific question. Frankly no one cares that you never had a reboot. I am tired of reading these threads where people are chiming in that their devices are not having any trouble.

Newsflash! No one gives a hoot!

OP - I would echo the sentiments of othere, you might be able to save yourself some legwork by doing a security wipe.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I'm sorry. I think it's relevant to the discussion that some have no issue.
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-16-13 02:40 PM
    I'm sorry. I think it's relevant to the discussion that some have no issue.
    I agree it's relevant. Maybe if you shared a bit about your SD card, apps (side loads?), etc. Also, have you checked your settings to make sure that it doesn't reboot when you aren't looking? Do you leave any active frames open? Anyway, share a bit more!

Posted via Zeppelin
    John Pawling and kbz1960 like this.
    04-16-13 02:53 PM
    SD card is a good choice to start troubleshooting with. Try without it for a day or purchase a known working brand and swap.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    04-16-13 02:55 PM
    Clearly some of you are not understanding my reason for asking about location. I'm asking for specific locations because in the event they were shipped in batches of defective devices, I don't want to go back to the same store and get another from the same batch (if it is indeed be a hardware issue).
    Go back to the same store and exchange it. Not all of the phones in a store will have come from the same batch - especially true if a couple of weeks have passed since you purchased your phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 03:04 PM
    Sorry you are having problems still on your second Z10. Try using your phone for while without the SD card in it to eliminate any bad SD cards. Also try to use a class 10 SD card if possible. These are the fastest current cards for data transfer. Hope you get it sorted out 'cost the Z10 is just an amazing phone. : )

BTW: the make of my SD card is PNY. Think you should be able to get these ones in the US too. I have had no problems with my SD card and have had only one random reboot in the twelve weeks I've had my Z10.
    Last edited by knighty2112; 04-16-13 at 03:25 PM.
    04-16-13 03:08 PM
    No re-boots or problems with my Z10

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 03:16 PM
    Mine never reboots. I don't know why everyone is having this problem..

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 03:17 PM
    Just wait for the update....thats the excuse?
    04-16-13 03:24 PM
    I understand. However, it did happen to me and I thought I had a busted Z10. After reading the threads here I came upon one that indicated after un installing the ebay app solved my problem. I had three in one day and a couple thereafter. After I got rid of it I haven't had this occur. I firmly believe certain apps have things going on that conflict with bb10 security causing it to shut down. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 03:32 PM
    I had a problem with my SD card (class 4 verbatim). It rebooted a few times, so i took it out and got a sandisk (the grey and red one class 10), let the z10 format the card and haven't had a reboot since... with the added bonus of a 64gb card.

On rogers in canada
    04-16-13 03:36 PM
    I also have a Z10 that has never rebooted and its two months old however it did become power hog overnight that only a os reinstall without restore solved. It does appear even after the long wait for the new os there are several bugs. The rebooting seems from my point of view a verizon issue - either bad sims or some of their software they have installed is causing a lot a grief.
    04-16-13 03:41 PM
    Sorry to hear about your problems OP, I hope your able to find a store with a different batch. I took my pre order Z10 back to a Verizon store and got a NEW one thats working flawless. Good luck in finding a Verizon store with working Z10's......maybe JERSEY??
    04-16-13 03:48 PM
    I agree it's relevant. Maybe if you shared a bit about your SD card, apps (side loads?), etc. Also, have you checked your settings to make sure that it doesn't reboot when you aren't looking? Do you leave any active frames open? Anyway, share a bit more!

Posted via Zeppelin
    Yes that would help more
    It does get interesting trying to troubleshoot something but I'm starting to think it's going have to come from RIM BBRY and the carriers.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 04-16-13 at 04:08 PM. Reason: FIFM
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-16-13 04:07 PM
    Never had a single reboot on my vzw z10...

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 04:30 PM
    I had a problem with my SD card (class 4 verbatim). It rebooted a few times, so i took it out and got a sandisk (the grey and red one class 10), let the z10 format the card and haven't had a reboot since... with the added bonus of a 64gb card.

On rogers in canada
    Same here, a Class 4 SD card was also my problem.
    Day 9 with NO more reboots.

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    04-16-13 04:36 PM
90 1234