Check for the freebie during the morning, not at night time when they are about to switch the app. I find they usually do the switch any time between 9pm - 1am EST. It likely takes time for the price update to propagate so some people might not see it free until say 2am EST. On the other hand, they start doing the change at night so if you check it too late, say at 9pm, they might have already taken that app down and started putting the new app up.

Either way I've had no issues whatsoever with downloading the apps for free.
    12-05-13 09:37 PM
    No problem with them showing up... problem is them giving away apps that are trash... no surprise why they are giving them away

Kah
    12-05-13 09:57 PM
    Try doing a hard reset: hold down the volume up and down buttons until the blue squircle appears.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 10:46 PM
    Kids these days . . .

smdh

Posted via CB10
    jusaread likes this.
    12-05-13 10:50 PM
    womp womp womp!
    I think I found the root of the problem the OP is struggling with. Perhaps it was a bit congested when he attempted to download, you know with ALL 9 BLACKBERRY USERS logging in at the same time
    bradu1 likes this.
    12-05-13 11:37 PM
    from a hedge fund
    12-05-13 11:49 PM
    LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-05-13 11:49 PM
    I had this same issue on Day 2, 3, 4. Luckily no issues today. I do agree that it is terribly executed. If it were me as the project manager for this I would create a Youtube video showing how the app works to promote it being free. Seeing is believing, but you can't expect a lot from BlackBerry right now. Hopefully one day they get it figured out.
    cbzeduser likes this.
    12-06-13 12:05 AM
    I think I found the root of the problem the OP is struggling with. Perhaps it was a bit congested when he attempted to download, you know with ALL 9 BLACKBERRY USERS logging in at the same time
    Lmao!!!

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    12-06-13 12:34 AM
    I had this same issue on Day 2, 3, 4. Luckily no issues today. I do agree that it is terribly executed. If it were me as the project manager for this I would create a Youtube video showing how the app works to promote it being free. Seeing is believing, but you can't expect a lot from BlackBerry right now. Hopefully one day they get it figured out.
    Yeah, don't expect too much, they've only gone through major changes, have a new team leading them, updated their os more times this year than any other phone os, and produced an os that does something no other os does.

You're right, a YouTube video would fix everything. I'll call Chen and let him know he's not needed anymore.

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    12-06-13 12:38 AM
    I have had no issues thus far. 5 days and 5 free apps/videos. Thanks blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 12:41 AM
    Just want to mention that you do NOT need to setup a payment option to download the 25 days free apps.
    12-06-13 12:47 AM
    I've also seen a lot of whining from people who (it appears) can't read.

The greetings card app for instance included a free card. Yet I saw no end of reviews from people giving it one star and saying there was nothing free about it.
    curvezzz likes this.
    12-06-13 12:48 AM
    I've also seen a lot of whining from people who (it appears) can't read.

The greetings card app for instance included a free card. Yet I saw no end of reviews from people giving it one star and saying there was nothing free about it.
    The point is very valid. Most people simply don't read. Its a societal thing: setting up a new entertainment system or a new TV will be done without even opening a user manual. I sometimes just watch in horror when a new leak drops here in the forums, because it is incredibly obvious who is reading and who is "too busy - I don't have time for this, you know. I have a job to do. I don't sit in the forums all day". I call it lazy.
    Omnitech likes this.
    12-06-13 01:08 AM

i disagree with all of this.
    When i check BBW in the pass midnight, YES i saw it once that the free app was not free BUT i check again in the morning BOOM it's free. So my advice is don't check it in the midnight since they need to update the free app.
    12-06-13 01:27 AM
    Limited app quantities, requires login to BBID and the app is only free in your area for 24 hours.

Only mess up is a failure to read.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2013/11/25-days-gifts/

Lock it up.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 01:28 AM
    ok...

Attachment 227303

and if I click to buy it, it tries to bill me...

Attachment 227304
    The problem appears to be you've never defined a payment method. You need a valid payment type set up in order to even download free apps.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055
    12-06-13 01:35 AM
    No issues.

Z10 / Germany

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 01:56 AM
    It says it costs, hit it, sign in and grab it as if you would purchase the item!

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 02:14 AM
    Everything is free for me in Canada. But it usually has the price tag when I see the app initially on blackberry world then I click on it and it says free.

Posted via my Z10 keyboard!
    12-06-13 02:25 AM
    its amazing how quickly one person find it so very easy to describe themselves as millions of people

i am not in the US and i have not had a single solitary problem viewing or downloading the free apps
    12-06-13 02:36 AM
    I really loves the Christmas Giveaways of Blackberry. Maybe you are confused because it show the regular price, but they are free. I don't play games on my BB, but I download the free movie, and It's and old good movie. I download a lot of the 99 cents movies, including Wolverine.

God Bless You!
    12-06-13 03:38 AM
    No problem with them showing up... problem is them giving away apps that are trash... no surprise why they are giving them away

Kah
    What should they give away?

If you're like me, when you see an app that you want, you buy it. So what should they give someone who has all of the apps he wants?

I think they have given away some decent apps - just nothing I'm needing. Well, to be fair, I wanted the card sending app - it would be helpful in my business. However after reading the TOS, no way.

I appreciate the gesture by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    jusaread and leehardballer12 like this.
    12-06-13 04:00 AM
    @cbzeduser -

I'm not sure what is wrong. I'm on AT&T and my experience is quite different from yours.

I would suggest setting up a payment method to see if that changes anything, but I sure wouldn't go through with the purchase if it looks like they are going to charge you for the item.

This is what the free items have looked like for me :

"25 Days of Giveaways at BB World" is not Working for Me-img_00000252.png

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 04:06 AM
    What version of AW do you have?
    [nitpick]

There is no "AW". It's BlackBerry World.

[/nitpick]

There is a problem. I saw the game free earlier in the day and thought I wait to get into wifi zone to save my data. Try a few hours later and it's no longer free, but still a giveaway.

Can you decipher what you are saying there in that last sentence please?
    paper_monkey likes this.
    12-06-13 04:26 AM
209 ... 45678 ...