A few comments...
    First, the hyperbole of the original post is comical.
    Second, the comment by Dave Bourque was... Edit: fixed (thanks Dave).
    Third, the error that the OP is receiving seems to have more to do with a problem between him and BB World billing setup then anything related to the 25-day givaway. To declare the entire promotion a "monumental cluster****" because of a problem with his BBID and the associated account in BB World is a little silly.

Question for OP - Are you able to successfully make a purchase of ANY kind in BB World? What have you purchased recently, if anything?
    Last edited by jhimmel; 12-05-13 at 06:53 PM.
    12-05-13 05:24 PM
    Yeah I think you are nuts, I've had no issues

Via CB10, Brklyn, NY
    12-05-13 05:28 PM
    I also have not had a problem. I downloaded the promotional app today which looked like it showed the price of 2.99 but grayed out. I was asked to sign in to verify payment but no payment was required and the download started immediately. Are you sure your not seeing a greyed out price of what the item would cost any other day?
    12-05-13 05:33 PM
    I have downloaded 4 out of 5 so far, and on the .99 cent winter deal, I downloaded 3 movies. Skyfall, monsters U, and the interns. Great stuff from bb.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    12-05-13 05:36 PM
    Agree with everything except perhaps that last part.

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    You must be looking in the mirror..... ahhahahaha

Squircle device powered by 10.2.1.1055
    12-05-13 05:38 PM
    I've downloaded each app/movie/game for each day so far. Even though many of these aren't really something I'll use much if at all, I'm still grateful that BB has such a promotion. It is too bad about some people having technical issues though.
    12-05-13 05:43 PM
    Posted via CB10
    U.S. / Verizon and all free for me so far.
    Last edited by Kimberella; 12-05-13 at 06:59 PM.
    12-05-13 06:04 PM
    All free for me in Canada on sasktel

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 06:09 PM
    All good and free, for me..
    12-05-13 06:12 PM
    You must be looking in the mirror..... ahhahahaha

Squircle device powered by 10.2.1.1055
    Whoops! My mistake! :-)

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    12-05-13 06:37 PM
    have a click and you'll see it's free. first few days it showed free on the initial screen. today is the only day where it didn't but if you actually try to press the button and go to the next screen... huzzah. freeness. user fail.
    12-05-13 06:42 PM
    I must have missed those other threads...did you post links?

uhhhh, the 4 or 5 other links to "people that were having the same problem" which YOU POSTED back on page 1 or 2.. lmao...

if you're going to use those as ammo that you're not alone, one would hope you checked those threads for alternate solutions that have already been posted, of which plenty were offered
    12-05-13 06:43 PM
    Ok today's free gift is actually free for me lol

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 06:43 PM
    I mean if you don't want the app why are you complaining? I've seen plenty of deals in stores that say "while supplies last" same concept right? Idk why you think that's scummy it helps bring the masses in and get it at once. If i don't like the app I won't download it.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 06:55 PM
    We've given a list of things to try. I don't think anyone else said they also had this issue

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    The alpha zero app for me the other day showed as $0.99, so there are other people where the price didn't show correct. The one today showed correct. I'm on T-Mobile.

Posted via CB10
    cbzeduser likes this.
    12-05-13 07:03 PM
    No problem at all. All free, and three phones in the house.
    12-05-13 07:11 PM
    People always try to explain away Blackberry's failures in the marketplace...

But why on Earth would Blackberry widely advertise this "25 Days of Free Gifts" promotion to all its existing customers, including placing a gigantic banner ad on the welcome page for Blackberry World, when they are either unable or unwilling to actually fulfill the terms of the promotion???

I saw an article about the promo on Day 2, and visited Blackberry World to check it out. The promo item showed up as free, but I wasn't interested in it, so I didn't download it.

Then on Day 3, I visited Blackberry World again, clicked the "25 Day Giveaway" banner and was shown the promo item for that day, but it was listed at .99 cents and had bad reviews, so again, I held off. I admit, I thought it was strange that no one at Blackberry had vetted the promotional item - wouldn't you want to pick apps that are not poorly reviewed?

I visited yesterday, but the item was a game (I don't play games on my phone), and was not shown as free, but as $1.99.

Then today I visited Blackberry World, and the promo item is not downloadable for free, but is shown as costing $2.99?!? From browsing other threads, it seems like I am not the only one experiencing issues with this promo...

The execution of this promotion is a monumental cluster****. I am in the US, but apparently, people in other countries are being shown the ad, but are not allowed to participate in the promotion. And I am apparently being shown the ad, even after the number of "free" items has run out! What is the strategy here? Why even advertise a promotion like this on a global basis to every single visitor to Blackberry World, if there is no intention or capability to actually deliver on it?

Over the next few weeks, as more and more Blackberry users find out about the promo, more and more people will go to Blackberry World and have the experience of being baited and switched by Blackberry! I don't understand how something this misguided could happen at a professionally run company. Where is the sanity check at the executive level as to whether this promotion will have a positive long term effect for the company?
    I'm playing the word's smallest violin.
    Omnitech and leehardballer12 like this.
    12-05-13 07:12 PM
    Sorry I agree with the OP. There is a problem. I saw the game free earlier in the day and thought I wait to get into wifi zone to save my data. Try a few hours later and it's no longer free, but still a giveaway. I've downloaded another item the prior day no problem.
    cbzeduser likes this.
    12-05-13 07:15 PM
    Gotta throw the BS flag on this rant. My experience is just the opposite.
    12-05-13 07:19 PM
    I'm in Pakistan, the first time I read about the promo it was on this form. I waited for it and on Day 1, I checked Appworld and nothing. Not even a banner. I forgot about it because as much as I love Z10, I was just not that much excited about getting paid apps that I might never download anyways, as free. Second and most importantly, a promo should work right outta the box so to say. I'm not going to search through forums, figuring out work-arounds, remove SIM and what not just to get the Appworld to show me the promos. It's just too much work without any reasonable return, at least for me.

Update: Well I checked yesterday without trying any fixes and I saw the same issue, the day 7 give-away app was not showing as free. I checked again today and saw the Spiderman game available as free, so it seems that download quantities are limited. A little notification would've been good about the download quantities running out.
    Last edited by zee_shah; 12-08-13 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Sharing latest experience.
    cbvinh and cbzeduser like this.
    12-05-13 07:43 PM
    womp womp womp!
    bradu1 likes this.
    12-05-13 07:49 PM
    I'm in Pakistan, the first time I read about the promo it was on this form. I waited for it and on Day 1, I checked Appworld and nothing. Not even a banner. I forgot about it because as much as I love Z10, I was just not that much excited about getting paid apps that I might never download anyways, as free. Second and most importantly, a promo should work right outta the box so to say. I'm not going to search through forums, figuring out work-arounds, remove SIM and what not just to get the Appworld to show me the promos. It's just too much work without any reasonable return, at least for me.
    It sounds like the promo isn't available in your region, given that the banner doesn't even appear, and your decision to not pursue a work-around was done with reasonable thought. You didn't feel the need to call the whole promo a complete fiasco based on your sole experience.
    12-05-13 08:06 PM
    Oh and lastly. This could be a issue with not having the latest OS. Just speculation but could be. You never know.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-05-13 08:09 PM
    Wonder what he calls an actual fiasco. Apocalypse?
    Kimberella and Omnitech like this.
    12-05-13 08:53 PM
    Maybe it's a Time Zone issue, OP?
    paper_monkey and pkcable like this.
    12-05-13 09:10 PM
209 ... 34567 ...