Yesterday the Alpha Zero app showed up for $0.99 for me. I thought that was lousy to charge $0.99 for a "giveaway". Didn't download it because it wasn't shown as free. Today I show the Color LED as free. I agree with the OP that they need to make sure that everyone is seeing the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    cbzeduser likes this.
    12-05-13 03:09 PM
    I mean I guess I could see it if he was living in Quebec because they have some seriously strange lottery/contest/give away rules but I really suspect this is a case of PEBCAK
    FYI, it's free here in Quebec on Telus!

In any way, it is obviously not a situation wanted by BlackBerry, so no need to jump to conclusions that they behave like used car sellers.

Either a bug or something you did wrong. Can someone on AT&T confirm it is working for them about the current free app?

Posted via CB10 1.4.3 Beta on my Z30
    12-05-13 03:10 PM
    I've had no problem d/l the app/games advertised as free by BlackBerry's 25 days of gifts.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803
    VIVO - Brazil

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry World 5.0.0.63, has the refresh button

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 03:11 PM
    BlackBerry World 5.0.0.63, has the refresh button

Posted via CB10
    As does 4.4.2.22

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 03:12 PM
    Everything has been totally free. No problems with downloading what I wanted.
    12-05-13 03:15 PM
    did you look at any of those other threads? I have seen at least 2 threads on this topic already that have suggested either refreshing AW or taking out your SIM and accessing it via WiFi. Your tone throughout this thread has been quite curt and the posters are just trying to help you.
    I must have missed those other threads...did you post links?

For your info, I am on WiFi now... I may take out the SIM tonight, but don't you think that is an indicator of how sloppy th roolout of this promo has been if it is necessary to open up your phone and remove the SIM just to download an item from BB World? Do you feel that is acceptable? Don't you think it is indicative of Blackberry/RIM's problems with execution in the marketplace?

I'm not trying to be curt. I'm just stating the facts - the promo was widely advertised, but when I clicked the banner on BB World, the item was not shown as free! It was not indicated in the ad that I would need to do any of the things that you are claiming may be necessary such as removing my phone's SIM before clicking the ad - to me that is either sloppy marketing or poor execution. I want Blackberry to succeed as much as any other customer, but failing to deliver on an advertised promotion should be called out, not explained away.
    12-05-13 03:17 PM
    We're telling you it's probably a display error.... I've had this happen before. It updates after you click purchase.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-05-13 03:18 PM
    It has worked flawlessly for me.
    12-05-13 03:18 PM
    Explained away? Are you looking for help or not... Clearly there's a solution to this...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-05-13 03:19 PM
    Works for me..

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 03:21 PM
    I must have missed those other threads...did you post links?

For your info, I am on WiFi now... I may take out the SIM tonight, but don't you think that is an indicator of how sloppy th roolout of this promo has been if it is necessary to open up your phone and remove the SIM just to download an item from BB World? Do you feel that is acceptable? Don't you think it is indicative of Blackberry/RIM's problems with execution in the marketplace?

I'm not trying to be curt. I'm just stating the facts - the promo was widely advertised, but when I clicked the banner on BB World, the item was not shown as free! It was not indicated in the ad that I would need to do any of the things that you are claiming may be necessary such as removing my phone's SIM before clicking the ad - to me that is either sloppy marketing or poor execution. I want Blackberry to succeed as much as any other customer, but failing to deliver on an advertised promotion should be called out, not explained away.
    I'm not sure how the rollout got BlackBerried (which is not to excuse it) but it appears to be working for most people which leads me to believe it's either an issue with your carrier or your device. BlackBerry is known for their wildly inconsistent UX..

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 03:28 PM
    Huh? What are you talking about bro? I got 2 free apps so far but am only downloading the stuff I want and skipping the rest.
    12-05-13 03:33 PM
    ive downloaded all apps so far from BBW for FREE and im in the US and I don't complain and nothing is wrong with me.. there I said it..
    bradu1 likes this.
    12-05-13 03:43 PM
    ive downloaded all apps so far from BBW for FREE and im in the US and I don't complain and nothing is wrong with me.. there I said it..
    Agree with everything except perhaps that last part.

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    12-05-13 03:56 PM
    OP, are you looking for help or just posting to rant? The title you chose sounds like you want to rant.

The reason people suggested that you log into BBW and set up payment is because your screen shot says you have no payment mechanism setup. If you do have carrier billing set up, then that obviously didn't take or doesn't work with your carrier. Perhaps use PayPal or a credit card.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    12-05-13 03:57 PM
    I had an issue on Tuesday, refreshed my Blackberry World through the setting and it was fixed. All good now.
    cbzeduser likes this.
    12-05-13 03:59 PM
    OK people, we KNOW it is working for the vast majority of us. You can stop posting just for that.

Now, where are those for which it doesn't work? Let's focus on the problem, please.

paper_monkey likes this.
    12-05-13 04:00 PM
    I've downloaded 4 of the 5 apps, all free for me too. VZW in US.

"25 Days of Giveaways at BB World" is not Working for Me-img_00002919.png

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 04:02 PM
    The change in the day number is kind of off for me. At noon I saw I was on day 3 and when I got home where Wi-Fi was enabled I got switched to day 4 :/

I'm guessing the server is not in this continent as it wasn't even 10 PM for the east coast yet

PS: I live in Mexico, just a few steps away from California

Posted via BB10.2.0.429 running CB10
    12-05-13 04:09 PM
    People always try to explain away Blackberry's failures in the marketplace...

But why on Earth would Blackberry widely advertise this "25 Days of Free Gifts" promotion to all its existing customers, including placing a gigantic banner ad on the welcome page for Blackberry World, when they are either unable or unwilling to actually fulfill the terms of the promotion???

I saw an article about the promo on Day 2, and visited Blackberry World to check it out. The promo item showed up as free, but I wasn't interested in it, so I didn't download it.

Then on Day 3, I visited Blackberry World again, clicked the "25 Day Giveaway" banner and was shown the promo item for that day, but it was listed at .99 cents and had bad reviews, so again, I held off. I admit, I thought it was strange that no one at Blackberry had vetted the promotional item - wouldn't you want to pick apps that are not poorly reviewed?

I visited yesterday, but the item was a game (I don't play games on my phone), and was not shown as free, but as $1.99.

Then today I visited Blackberry World, and the promo item is not downloadable for free, but is shown as costing $2.99?!? From browsing other threads, it seems like I am not the only one experiencing issues with this promo...

The execution of this promotion is a monumental cluster****. I am in the US, but apparently, people in other countries are being shown the ad, but are not allowed to participate in the promotion. And I am apparently being shown the ad, even after the number of "free" items has run out! What is the strategy here? Why even advertise a promotion like this on a global basis to every single visitor to Blackberry World, if there is no intention or capability to actually deliver on it?

Over the next few weeks, as more and more Blackberry users find out about the promo, more and more people will go to Blackberry World and have the experience of being baited and switched by Blackberry! I don't understand how something this misguided could happen at a professionally run company. Where is the sanity check at the executive level as to whether this promotion will have a positive long term effect for the company?
    I have not had any issues with the promo. I have downloaded them to try and they all have been free of charge. I think one of them showed $0.99 grayed out and the word "free" on top. Once I clicked on the button, it asked me to verify my BlackBerry ID by entering my password, but no charge was made.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 running 10.2.1 on AT&T
    12-05-13 04:13 PM
    OK people, we KNOW it is working for the vast majority of us. You can stop posting just for that.

Now, where are those for which it doesn't work? Let's focus on the problem, please.

We've given a list of things to try. I don't think anyone else said they also had this issue

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-05-13 04:22 PM
    mmmmm... op, maybe you are holding it wrong?
    bradu1 likes this.
    12-05-13 04:30 PM
    I've had the same experience - non of the apps were free but listed with a price.

In Canada.

Only app that was free was on day one.

Posted via CB10
    cbzeduser likes this.
    12-05-13 04:38 PM
    Works for me, US on Tmobile
    "25 Days of Giveaways at BB World" is not Working for Me-img_00000640.png

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 04:44 PM
    USA here on T-mobile and no issues with me either.
    12-05-13 05:09 PM
209 ... 23456 ...