post a screen shot please... So we can troubleshoot the issue.

Z10stl100-3/10.2.0.1803
    ok...

"25 Days of Giveaways at BB World" is not Working for Me-img_00000569.png

and if I click to buy it, it tries to bill me...

"25 Days of Giveaways at BB World" is not Working for Me-img_00000570.png
    12-05-13 02:13 PM
    I can only get it every other day! So I always miss a day!!! Cuz it doesn't update well.

Posted via Q10 10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    12-05-13 02:14 PM
    Have you setup a method of payment prior??

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-05-13 02:16 PM
    Even though it's free it will need to see some kind of payment info.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    southlander likes this.
    12-05-13 02:16 PM
    And I guarantee they will give you your money back if for whatever reason they charge you for it. But I'm betting that it's just a display error.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-05-13 02:18 PM
    They have limited supply so get it early morning, it's in the giveaway faqs
    SDTRMG and R Field like this.
    12-05-13 02:20 PM
    And I guarantee they will give you your money back if for whatever reason they charge you for it. But I'm betting that it's just a display error.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    Actually, I just read the "fine print" in the FAQ for the 25 Day promo. It says that for some items, there are "limited quantities", and if you see the regular price, the promotion is "over for that item". They also say that if you end up getting charged for the item "It could be that the item was no longer on promotion", so no refunds if you get billed. LAME.

I don't know how it is in Canada, but here in the US, those kinds of bait and switch sales tactics are reserved the scummiest of retailers, such as used car dealers. It's really surprising to see Blackberry stoop to that level with this.
    12-05-13 02:23 PM
    I live in Brazil and have no problem to get the free promo! Worked fine!
    12-05-13 02:25 PM
    They have limited supply so get it early morning, it's in the giveaway faqs
    If they sell out of the promo, they should take down the banner - that would be the reputable approach.

But they are leaving it up in the hope that some people will buy it anyway and pay full price.
    12-05-13 02:25 PM
    No it doesn't mean no refunds. You can request a refund.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-05-13 02:26 PM
    I just took this screen shot. I'm in Canada. It's free here

"25 Days of Giveaways at BB World" is not Working for Me-img_00000527.png

Posted via my ZED10
    12-05-13 02:26 PM
    And here is a screen shot with the time 3:27pm for those that can't figure out 24hr time
    "25 Days of Giveaways at BB World" is not Working for Me-img_00000528.png

Posted via my ZED10
    12-05-13 02:28 PM
    People always try to explain away Blackberry's failures in the marketplace...

But why on Earth would Blackberry widely advertise this "25 Days of Free Gifts" promotion to all its existing customers, including placing a gigantic banner ad on the welcome page for Blackberry World, when they are either unable or unwilling to actually fulfill the terms of the promotion???

I saw an article about the promo on Day 2, and visited Blackberry World to check it out. The promo item showed up as free, but I wasn't interested in it, so I didn't download it.

Then on Day 3, I visited Blackberry World again, clicked the "25 Day Giveaway" banner and was shown the promo item for that day, but it was listed at .99 cents and had bad reviews, so again, I held off. I admit, I thought it was strange that no one at Blackberry had vetted the promotional item - wouldn't you want to pick apps that are not poorly reviewed?

I visited yesterday, but the item was a game (I don't play games on my phone), and was not shown as free, but as $1.99.

Then today I visited Blackberry World, and the promo item is not downloadable for free, but is shown as costing $2.99?!? From browsing other threads, it seems like I am not the only one experiencing issues with this promo...

The execution of this promotion is a monumental cluster****. I am in the US, but apparently, people in other countries are being shown the ad, but are not allowed to participate in the promotion. And I am apparently being shown the ad, even after the number of "free" items has run out! What is the strategy here? Why even advertise a promotion like this on a global basis to every single visitor to Blackberry World, if there is no intention or capability to actually deliver on it?

Over the next few weeks, as more and more Blackberry users find out about the promo, more and more people will go to Blackberry World and have the experience of being baited and switched by Blackberry! I don't understand how something this misguided could happen at a professionally run company. Where is the sanity check at the executive level as to whether this promotion will have a positive long term effect for the company?
    I concede that the promotion may not have been 100% flawless in terms of execution but my experience has been pretty good. In terms of your post generally:

(1) Click on the purchase button as if you were going to purchase it - you will see the item price is actually something like: $0.99FREE. Go ahead and download for free.

(2) Read the fine print. BB has terms posted which are easily accessible explaining the promotion.

(3) User reviews are subjective - download the FREE app and if you don't like it delete it.
    paper_monkey likes this.
    12-05-13 02:29 PM
    Dear OP,
    Dont be frustrated, it happened with me too.
    Its just a matter of timeline, if I check around 1-2 AM, a new app is shown, but its NOT free. (Color ID was being shown as $2.99)
    But on waiting 4-5 hours, it changes to free. Maybe it takes some time to update the servers.
    And there is no download limit for apps. Only for video content.
    12-05-13 02:30 PM
    Clearly - today's promotion is available for free. Clearly it is still available. In fact I have downloaded virtually every day after 8PM EST and they were all still available. Only one I missed was Angry Birds because I didn't get to it until 3AM.

OP confirm you are logged in to BB World, with your BBID and have set up a payment method. Then, go back and check whether the promotion is available.
    fanatical likes this.
    All fine here in Canada on Rogers.

Do people perhaps need to update their BBWorld app?
    Worked every days for me too here in Paris.

Q10 ? OS 10.2.1.176
    12-05-13 02:31 PM
    Clearly - today's promotion is available for free. Clearly it is still available. In fact I have downloaded virtually every day after 8PM EST and they were all still available. Only one I missed was Angry Birds because I didn't get to it until 3AM.

OP confirm you are logged in to BB World, with your BBID and have set up a payment method. Then, go back and check whether the promotion is available.
    This... you need to be logged in to BBID.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    fanatical and mkelley65 like this.
    12-05-13 02:31 PM
    Maybe they aren't reserving enough US copies or something? They must compensate the devs somehow so I guess someone screwed up trying to estimate demand? They really should not subject people to this experience though, telling someone they can have something for free and then taking that away is not a good experience. Either work it out with the Dev in advance or take down the banner once all the free copies are used or something better than this!
    12-05-13 02:32 PM
    I think the OP hasn't purchased anything from BlackBerry World before. I can understand why it's baffling to offer something free yet require billing info. It's definitely an annoyance I've had. Google Music used to give away free tracks without registering payment info. Apple requires payment info to install Mac updates.

I'm in the U.S. and have been downloading the free apps/movie just after midnight... no issues, but I've purchased apps/movies before.
    12-05-13 02:32 PM
    I think the OP hasn't purchased anything from BlackBerry World before. I can understand why it's baffling to offer something free yet require billing info. It's definitely an annoyance I've had. Google Music used to give away free tracks without registering payment info. Apple requires payment info to install Mac updates.
    It's not uncommon to request purchase info...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-05-13 02:34 PM
    I just traded BBMs with my GF, who also has a Z10. She has a free app available to download from the promo (although not ColorID).

But she is on Verizon and I am on AT&T.
    12-05-13 02:42 PM
    1) Log-in with your BBID
    2) Configure your BBWorld Payment preferences (even carrier billing is good)

Voila! Now you are an authenticated entity eligible for promotions and will see the price changed to FREE.

IMPORTANT: Each download is only available for free for 24 hrs.
    12-05-13 02:43 PM
    Always a problem with American customers. Always...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    Not all of us....

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    12-05-13 02:44 PM
    Actually, I just read the "fine print" in the FAQ for the 25 Day promo. It says that for some items, there are "limited quantities", and if you see the regular price, the promotion is "over for that item". They also say that if you end up getting charged for the item "It could be that the item was no longer on promotion", so no refunds if you get billed. LAME.

I don't know how it is in Canada, but here in the US, those kinds of bait and switch sales tactics are reserved the scummiest of retailers, such as used car dealers. It's really surprising to see Blackberry stoop to that level with this.
    BlackBerry sucks because T&C apply? OK, thanks for the clarification.
    12-05-13 02:44 PM
209 1234 ...