People always try to explain away Blackberry's failures in the marketplace...

But why on Earth would Blackberry widely advertise this "25 Days of Free Gifts" promotion to all its existing customers, including placing a gigantic banner ad on the welcome page for Blackberry World, when they are either unable or unwilling to actually fulfill the terms of the promotion???

I saw an article about the promo on Day 2, and visited Blackberry World to check it out. The promo item showed up as free, but I wasn't interested in it, so I didn't download it.

Then on Day 3, I visited Blackberry World again, clicked the "25 Day Giveaway" banner and was shown the promo item for that day, but it was listed at .99 cents and had bad reviews, so again, I held off. I admit, I thought it was strange that no one at Blackberry had vetted the promotional item - wouldn't you want to pick apps that are not poorly reviewed?

I visited yesterday, but the item was a game (I don't play games on my phone), and was not shown as free, but as $1.99.

Then today I visited Blackberry World, and the promo item is not downloadable for free, but is shown as costing $2.99?!? From browsing other threads, it seems like I am not the only one experiencing issues with this promo...

The execution of this promotion is a monumental cluster****. I am in the US, but apparently, people in other countries are being shown the ad, but are not allowed to participate in the promotion. And I am apparently being shown the ad, even after the number of "free" items has run out! What is the strategy here? Why even advertise a promotion like this on a global basis to every single visitor to Blackberry World, if there is no intention or capability to actually deliver on it?

Over the next few weeks, as more and more Blackberry users find out about the promo, more and more people will go to Blackberry World and have the experience of being baited and switched by Blackberry! I don't understand how something this misguided could happen at a professionally run company. Where is the sanity check at the executive level as to whether this promotion will have a positive long term effect for the company?
    12-05-13 01:37 PM
    I have found just the opposite. Ever single freebie offered to me was totally FREE and I had no trouble downloading. I wonder if a lot of people are having the same issue as you are?
    12-05-13 01:40 PM
    No, i guess your wrong every single application in the 5 days now was free including todays applications "color led" i think thats the name. Anyways it was 2.99 now its free. On day 3 shark dash was free and i downloaded the game, i dont know why your seeing them as non free...
    12-05-13 01:41 PM
    $2.99 that's right.

"25 Days of Giveaways at BB World" is not Working for Me-img_00000061.png

But still free.
    All of the apps to date have shown "Free", at least on my phone. No idea why it's different on yours.
    all free here and working fine, merry xmas
    12-05-13 01:43 PM
    Yes, they have all showed the price, crossed out, with free below it for me!
    12-05-13 01:43 PM
    No problem here.
    OP, where are you located?
    12-05-13 01:50 PM
    yeah op just put your bbid password and tada... downloading

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 01:53 PM
    All free for me too, no issues so far in Canada at least. Most have been available early as well. I have not been interested in all of the movies/apps/games offered, but am still thankful that they are being made available at all.

Thank you BlackBerry!
    12-05-13 01:53 PM
    It has regular price listed and crossed off, so you are aware of actual savings, payment method is not charged.
    12-05-13 01:55 PM
    Always a problem with BlackBerry troll customers. Always...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    Last edited by Dave Bourque; 12-05-13 at 06:26 PM.
    12-05-13 01:55 PM
    12-05-13 01:56 PM
    No problem here.
    OP, where are you located?
    I am in the US.
    12-05-13 01:56 PM
    All have been free thus far in Edmonton, Alberta. Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1055

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 01:57 PM
    have you try actually to click download? i

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 01:58 PM
    All free for me in the UK. Shows the full price but crosses out with free. I had to log into my bbid first though.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 02:04 PM
    Post a screen shot please... so we can troubleshoot the issue.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    curvezzz likes this.
    12-05-13 02:05 PM
    Cool story, but looks free to me.

"25 Days of Giveaways at BB World" is not Working for Me-img_20131199.png

Posted via CB10
    Just Me, southlander and raymond like this.
    All free for me in the UK. Shows the full price but crosses out with free. I had to log into my bbid first though.

Posted via CB10
    Correct if you aren't logged in you can't download it for free.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    mkelley65 likes this.
    There was one app the other day that didn't show free but when I went through the motions of downloading, it ended up not charging me. It took me to screen to enter my password, but then showed no charge and installed

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 02:06 PM
    I have found just the opposite. Ever single freebie offered to me was totally FREE and I had no trouble downloading. I wonder if a lot of people are having the same issue as you are?
    UP here, Rogers/Canada - NO issues. I didn't want one of the free gifts but the movie, the game, and the Colour ID application were all nicely priced as Free. There is a price tag associated with the game but it is not charged to your account.
    12-05-13 02:08 PM
    People always try to explain away Blackberry's failures in the marketplace...

But why on Earth would Blackberry widely advertise this "25 Days of Free Gifts" promotion to all its existing customers, including placing a gigantic banner ad on the welcome page for Blackberry World, when they are either unable or unwilling to actually fulfill the terms of the promotion???

I saw an article about the promo on Day 2, and visited Blackberry World to check it out. The promo item showed up as free, but I wasn't interested in it, so I didn't download it.

Then on Day 3, I visited Blackberry World again, clicked the "25 Day Giveaway" banner and was shown the promo item for that day, but it was listed at .99 cents and had bad reviews, so again, I held off. I admit, I thought it was strange that no one at Blackberry had vetted the promotional item - wouldn't you want to pick apps that are not poorly reviewed?

I visited yesterday, but the item was a game (I don't play games on my phone), and was not shown as free, but as $1.99.

Then today I visited Blackberry World, and the promo item is not downloadable for free, but is shown as costing $2.99?!? From browsing other threads, it seems like I am not the only one experiencing issues with this promo...

The execution of this promotion is a monumental cluster****. I am in the US, but apparently, people in other countries are being shown the ad, but are not allowed to participate in the promotion. And I am apparently being shown the ad, even after the number of "free" items has run out! What is the strategy here? Why even advertise a promotion like this on a global basis to every single visitor to Blackberry World, if there is no intention or capability to actually deliver on it?

Over the next few weeks, as more and more Blackberry users find out about the promo, more and more people will go to Blackberry World and have the experience of being baited and switched by Blackberry! I don't understand how something this misguided could happen at a professionally run company. Where is the sanity check at the executive level as to whether this promotion will have a positive long term effect for the company?
    Everything free on my end. maybe they just dislike you or something?
    12-05-13 02:11 PM
    Post a screen shot OP...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    curvezzz likes this.
    12-05-13 02:11 PM
    Everything free on my end. maybe they just dislike you or something?
    I'm guessing user error and hasn't logged in to bbid to see the free transaction take effect.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    jstirtzinger and mkelley65 like this.
    12-05-13 02:12 PM
209 123 ...