Dear all.

I am going to buy a BB z10, and I have some questions:

1- I live in iran and there is not any official store here. yesterday I went to shop stores to buy a z10 but I could not find a unique price. some of shope keepers are selling this device $500 and some of them $550. I am suspicious that they are refurbished!!! is there any way to find device is refurbished or not?

2- I heared BB blocked AppWorld and all of its services to iranians. Is there any way to update os or install program from Appstore? (I can not buy VPN from SUPERVPN website from iran because of financial sanctions)
    07-12-13 11:33 AM
    I would think that the box if not factory sealed, would/should have a sticker/label stating "Refurbished"or Reconditioned", otherwise they are/could be commiting fraud....

C
    07-12-13 11:45 AM
    thanks Carl for your kind response.
    07-12-13 11:50 AM
    I am not an expert but I would think as long as you can disguise the country with a proxy server you should be able to download updates.

I don't know if updates are blocked in Iran, to be honest but this could be a way forward.

Good luck, anyway!

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 12:01 PM
    it is possible to download Updates but the main problem is accessing Blackberry app store. how can i change my IP with out using that special VPN(SuperVPN)?
    07-12-13 12:07 PM
    Your best bet for getting a brand new phone is to have a friend or somebody you know bring an unlocked version for you from Dubai. When I was in Iran in March I looked for a Z10 to buy. Two stores in Paitakht in Tehran had it, but they both seemed used (open box, cables unwrapped, etc.). So, I didn't buy it there. I later picked up a unit in London.

Access to BB World is blocked in Iran. I could not access the site using my Z10 when I went there again last month. I think you would need a VPN to be able to bypass the filters. Be 100% sure you can download apps and OS updates before you buy a Z10 to use in Iran. There are some known software bugs that later updates have solved (or will solve). Without the ability to update you may get stuck with a unit that has some serious problems that you may not be able to fix without the upgrades.

Posted via Z10
    Carl Estes and sara_n like this.
    07-12-13 12:35 PM