Id love to hear that port at the bottom
    But if they put it there id like to have the charging pins of the 9900 on the side for the dock

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 05:13 PM
    The charging is better here for some things. Lol if I want to game and charge it works very well. I am actually kind of indifferent. Thought I would hate it on the side.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 06:58 PM
    The screen is purposely designed the way it is to avoid excessive damage to it if dropped.
    The ports don't bother me at all, I think a bottom port would bother me actually. IMHO <3
    04-17-13 07:49 PM
    For improvements on future design, BlackBerry should learn from these 2 'failures' from current Z10 design.
    1. Micro USB/charging port location. It's an awkward experience to do texting while charging. Please move it to the bottom!
    2. Please remove tiny gap between screen & bezel. It's a dust magnet!

When it comes to texting, i think the port is in the perfect spot as the chord fits right between my first two fingers and actually helps with stability in my hand. If one handed texting i use my right hand(even though i am left handed) and so it is not in the way. For point number 2, i have no dust problem, have phone since feb.6
    04-17-13 07:52 PM
    I think the best way to solve the USB location dilemma is to just move it above the HDMI port. That way it's not in the way in landscape, avoids your fingers when typing in portrait and still allows it to fit into a dock...
    maxell likes this.
    04-17-13 08:45 PM
    If I'm charging my Zed, I either type one handed (typing with hands us not that annoying I do both) or I'm not near my device.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 09:01 PM
    I always charge via battery pack so my phone is never actually plugged in except to hdmi

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 09:51 PM
    For improvements on future design, BlackBerry should learn from these 2 'failures' from current Z10 design.
    1. Micro USB/charging port location. It's an awkward experience to do texting while charging. Please move it to the bottom!
    1. No, I like it how it is. It's much better for my gaming purposes and feels like a controller when plugged via HDMI (bad experiences with my ipod touch and iphone). Adding landscape in every chat application would be much more beneficial.

2. Yes
    maxell likes this.
    04-17-13 09:55 PM
    Sony experia has it on left side but is more to the top not middle like z10.

I too not like this port area, but for texting I just use landscape mode, much better.

But if in portrait mode I make sure my fingers are spread so the cable is between them.

Or

Also don't text when charging will solve this issue.

Or

Use a bluetooth keyboard.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-17-13 10:01 PM
    Don't think it matters where they put the charging port...someone won't like the placement. I'm fine with where it is.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 11:15 PM
    I dont like the 2 plastic at the top and uUobottom of the screen, should be replaced by full glass.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 11:26 PM
    I have always felt with the USB on the bottom it was more likely to get pulled side-ways and bent. Messing up the port eventually.
    04-17-13 11:35 PM
    I dont like the 2 plastic at the top and uUobottom of the screen, should be replaced by full glass.

Posted via CB10
    Oh sure...I suppose you would like an icon on the back that looks like an apple with a bite taken out of it too.

Posted via CB with my BB10 Z10
    shnozwo likes this.
    04-17-13 11:37 PM
    Oh sure...I suppose you would like an icon on the back that looks like an apple with a bite taken out of it too.

Posted via CB with my BB10 Z10
    Not really, but u like it?

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 01:34 AM
    Here's an idea: USB on the bottom and HDMI on the side.

Or, have both on the bottom and when "Docked" the output would be landscape while the phone is still portrait. Kind of like "presentation mode."

I prefer connections on the bottom of the phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 01:52 AM
    I think the issue would be better solved by wireless/inductive charging on Docks. Or having little charging connectors instead of full Micro USB sockets.

But I agree, I find it irritating - just like I did/do on my Motorola Atrix.
    04-18-13 01:57 AM
    Dust? I cannot relate to that; however, I clean my phone every other day or so.
    04-18-13 08:33 AM
    While it's definitely not a "failure" per-se, the placement of the USB and HDMI ports IS one of those things that qualifies as an ergonomic design-issue in need of improvement.
    It is simply bad placement, ergonomics and design, one which, for ALL my overwhelming dislike of all things Apple who, I (at least) have to acknowledge just simply keeps getting it (ergonomics & design) right and THAT'S why many people love them 'so.'

From my Torch 9800/9810 on, the OP is correct that "using" the phone while plugged in (which happens frequently!) is a royal pain in the arse. There is simply no 'good' or 'optimal' way to hold-and-use the phones (incl. Z10) with the cable/s connected, without either unplugging (If I didn't 'have' to be, I wouldn't be), or risking bending the connector/s and/or plugs OR causing a usage error.
    Even moving the plugs/connectors closer to the device's top or to the right side - out of hands' way - would be a HUGE improvement.

So, on the simplest of principles in ALL Design - "Form Follows Function" - THAT element of BB's feature & design is a 100% Fail.
    Period.

Lastly, if "using" the device in landscape mode while plugged in on the device's bottom-edge is THAT important (and I'm not sure that it is), there are plenty of imaginative solutions to accommodate a bottom edge connector array; like ... let's see ... making a cradle to hold it in landscape with plugs or cable/connectors attaching on the side.
    I haven't seen ANY devices where this has been either a defining feature or an insurmountable issue, though.
    04-18-13 08:44 AM
    Some one show this guy landscape mode exist.As for the dust i used to get dust around the side but now its not there as much probably because I cleaned out my pockets.
    04-18-13 08:46 AM
    I like the design of the device but the speaker could be placed in a better location. Most of the time if you are playing a video or game your hand covers the speaker.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 09:02 AM
    How are people getting dust, I have no case or screen protector and no dust

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 10:41 AM
    My "Magnet" is not working. I have my Z10 since Feb 5 and it didn't collect any dust. A failure!

Posted via CB10
    toobs623 likes this.
    04-18-13 10:54 AM
    I personally like where the ports and headphone jack is on the phone . The way I hold the phone when typing one handed anything on the bottom would be in the way

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 10:57 AM
    +1 for charging dock at the bottom
    04-18-13 02:42 PM
    HI Addict's
    As the saying goes " You can please some of the people some of the time, but not all the people all the time".. I use a I-BLASON protector and dust not able to get to it.. I work outside in construction environment half the time.. No issues here.. Great Phone.. Keep those updates coming.

Enjoy
    R
    04-18-13 07:39 PM
83 1234