Yep! I never download any movie/show ect, ect. Always just only stream. Mostly for a couple of US TV shows mainly, rarely for movies now. Not only is this to stay legal, but so no nasty stuff gets downloaded onto my PC/device/phone to mess it up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with love from my Z10
    Streaming is not legal.
    You are in fact downloading the data file, same as a torrent, you just don't keep it.
    Not paying for a movie that is not free is still piracy.
    And streaming can still download malware
    05-06-13 03:09 PM
    completely agree, to each their own. Just posted this for those who are not even aware an option like this exists. For those who do and still prefer to opt for a paid service, it's all well and good, it's their prerogative. The way I see it is it's the studios/networks own fault for not making this stuff available to consumers. It's no different that your wireless provider not being efficient/quick enough when it comes to releasing updates. What do we all do? we look for alternatives and load other carriers updates. If Netflix provided everything 1channel and other streaming sties offer it'd be a whole nother discussion but no... networks and studios are greedy and refuse to release content in that way... in the end they're losing money to streaming sites who pay them nothing. Not calling anyone a sucker for choosing to keep it what they feel is "100% legal", just saying everyone is entitled to get their content any way they want as long as they're not committing an illegality, which btw streaming from these sites is not. Torrenting is a whole different animal because you're downloading/owning content, therefore violating piracy laws. Streaming is not illegal.
    Streaming, torrents are NOT like a leaked phone Os. The phone Os is free, the movies aren't. One involves someone losing money, the other doesn't.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    05-06-13 03:11 PM
    Yep when you are streaming media you're just downloading it into a temp folder that is erased after the session is over.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 03:12 PM
    serious? better than netflix? LOLOL... serious security issues with this site!
    These sites are always down, or mirror or fakes. They are 100% ILLEGAL!

If you went to the fake site it downloaded a PUM virus to your computer that blocks you from being able to reach the real site & all you'll see is a message saying the connection timed-out & it asks you if you'd like to try again, but don't bother. You'll 1st need to download Malwarebytes for free & run a "Quick-Scan" after updating the new anti-virus software....takes about 10 minutes to do all this. Free Malwarebytes Download--> Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (free) - Download the latest version in english on Kioskea . After it's finished running it's scan...tell it to remove the PUM virus & go ahead & do as it says & reboot your computer. Once you have done this...you can now reach the real site again at this address 1Channel.ch | LetMeWatchThis - Watch Movies Online Free - Just Added .
    05-06-13 03:19 PM
    Better than netflix! LOLOL
    bahahaha

im still sitting here laughing at you guys

just because netflix is not on bb, u need to find ways to deminimize it?
    05-06-13 03:21 PM
    Better than netflix! LOLOL
    bahahaha

im still sitting here laughing at you guys

just because netflix is not on bb, u need to find ways to deminimize it?
    Deminimize??
    Minimize is to make small, and De is opposite.
    So they are making Netflix big??
    dih706 likes this.
    05-06-13 03:33 PM
    Saying streaming is legal is like saying torrents aren't theft because theft involves the owner being deprived of the stolen object and torrents are just making a copy.
    It's not a valid argument.
    If you take something that costs money, and you pay no money, it's theft.
    05-06-13 03:34 PM
    completely agree, to each their own. Just posted this for those who are not even aware an option like this exists. For those who do and still prefer to opt for a paid service, it's all well and good, it's their prerogative. The way I see it is it's the studios/networks own fault for not making this stuff available to consumers. It's no different that your wireless provider not being efficient/quick enough when it comes to releasing updates. What do we all do? we look for alternatives and load other carriers updates. If Netflix provided everything 1channel and other streaming sties offer it'd be a whole nother discussion but no... networks and studios are greedy and refuse to release content in that way... in the end they're losing money to streaming sites who pay them nothing. Not calling anyone a sucker for choosing to keep it what they feel is "100% legal", just saying everyone is entitled to get their content any way they want as long as they're not committing an illegality, which btw streaming from these sites is not. Torrenting is a whole different animal because you're downloading/owning content, therefore violating piracy laws. Streaming is not illegal.
    I don't know where you get the idea that just because you don't download something it's not illegal. Sneaking into a theatre to watch a movie is just as illegal as shoplifting the DVD.

Studios DO make content available. They do it over Netflix and a variety of other services. They aren't perfect, or comprehensive, but we're still in early days. Netflix collects subscription fees, and uses that to pay licensing costs to the rights holders. The rights holders, in turn, use that additional income to fund the creation of more content. (BTW, it also means that the content providers can afford to back riskier projects; the whole phenomenon of independent film came because VHS tape revenue improved the economics for a lot of marginal projects.)

1channel (and other similar outlets) are stealing. Even if it were perfectly legal for you to watch their steams, they are absolutely violating copyright law by providing it. And even if they don't charge, your visit improves their traffic numbers and lets them charge their advertisers more. They make money off you, one way or another, and they're defrauding rights holders in doing it.

"Big deal," you may say, "so I watch a season of Game of Thrones... who is it hurting?" Well, maybe you, eventually. GoT, as an example, is produced by HBO, which in turn is funded by subscriber revenues. There actually are HBO subscribers who are only there because they're serious GoT fans. If they're given a way to watch their favorite show for free, and stop paying for an HBO subscription, at some point HBO may not be able to produce the show anymore.

If content providers have to give their content away for free, why should they keep making it?
    05-06-13 03:38 PM
    Deminimize??
    Minimize is to make small, and De is opposite.
    So they are making Netflix big??
    lol... I'm going to make a wild guess and say he confused "minimize" and "demonize"...
    bintheredundat likes this.
    05-06-13 03:39 PM
    I know you can adjust your vpn to get netflix for the states but I tried it for 2 months on my z10 using the hdmi cable out. The selection in Canada for Netflix is terrible and that's being kind. Pretty much any online movie service would be better at this point.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-06-13 03:40 PM
    Yep! I never download any movie/show ect, ect. Always just only stream. Mostly for a couple of US TV shows mainly, rarely for movies now. Not only is this to stay legal, but so no nasty stuff gets downloaded onto my PC/device/phone to mess it up.

This streaming sites are loaded with ads and malware.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    05-06-13 03:43 PM
    I puffed but didn't inhale
    05-06-13 03:57 PM
    This streaming sites are loaded with ads and malware.

Posted via CB10
    Have an ad blocker on Firefox to stop the ads, and Norton to sort out any malware. So far not had any issues with stuff so no worries.

05-06-13 04:04 PM
    lol... I'm going to make a wild guess and say he confused "minimize" and "demonize"...
    Lol I know I'm just busting their chops.
    No harm meant.
    05-06-13 04:04 PM
    I know you can adjust your vpn to get netflix for the states but I tried it for 2 months on my z10 using the hdmi cable out. The selection in Canada for Netflix is terrible and that's being kind. Pretty much any online movie service would be better at this point.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Even having access to both Canada and USA, the movie selections are mostly older and b, c, and d movies that never made theaters. That said, it's worth the 8$ a month. You can't get a Mc combo for that price.

People who complain are basically saying "I want to watch movies while they are still in theaters at home for next to nothing"

If you want to stream a new release movie, you can. IF you are willing to pay the rental fee. So what's the issue? You want it free.
    05-06-13 04:08 PM
    Been using 1channel.ch favorite streaming site...use it on the PB also

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 04:10 PM
    Do people here not realise that streaming is exactly the same as downloading. Except you're not saving a file.
    Check your with your ISP and they will confirm that streaming is downloading

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 04:17 PM
    Even having access to both Canada and USA, the movie selections are mostly older and b, c, and d movies that never made theaters. That said, it's worth the 8$ a month. You can't get a Mc combo for that price.

People who complain are basically saying "I want to watch movies while they are still in theaters at home for next to nothing"

If you want to stream a new release movie, you can. IF you are willing to pay the rental fee. So what's the issue? You want it free.
    I don't have an issue paying to see a movie. The only condition I have is that there will be good movies and tv shows. Hell I just paid $20 to see Iron Man 3 in AVX 3D this past weekend.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-06-13 04:20 PM
    I don't have an issue paying to see a movie. The only condition I have is that there will be good movies and tv shows. Hell I just paid $20 to see Iron Man 3 in AVX 3D this past weekend.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Lots of decent tv available on Netflix.
    And the newest episodes are available free on the networks own sites.
    There's good movies on Netflix, they're just not that new. I find between the Canada and the USA selection, I can find something.
    There's tons of movies that don't suck that I never would have otherwise watched. Not saying they were great but not a waste of time.
    Like I said, worth $8 a month.
    05-06-13 04:25 PM
    You should try this on the PlayBook too. Add hdmi to 60" plasma, and it's grand! Remote control the PlayBook with Z10, and sit back, enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 04:51 PM
    With Aereo appeal, broadcasters threaten the foundation of locker services | Ars Technica

As of this moment, streaming is not illegal, from what I can tell.
    05-06-13 05:01 PM
    With Aereo appeal, broadcasters threaten the foundation of locker services | Ars Technica

As of this moment, streaming is not illegal, from what I can tell.
    As long as the site holds the right licences

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 01:57 AM
    glad the info provided is of some use for many of you, for those who are not interested, just move along. No one has ever been prosecuted or gotten in trouble for streaming a movie/tv show. The one occasion where people actually got in trouble with the law was the Kin Dot Com case(guy who owned Megaupload) and guess what, now the government is about to indemnify him for wrongful prosecution, etc, so yeah...
    like I said, to each their own.
    I wonder if those same people who say they choose Netflix and whatnot, also pay for something as ridiculous as ringtones. For instance, if you already own the music, and want a ringtone of a song you already purchased, do you still believe "you have to pay for the ringtone as well"? when you can easily edit the song in iTUnes and make the ringtone yourself... just wondering.
    05-07-13 05:48 AM
48 12