Pretty sure a lot of you are aware of this already but this is mainly for those who have no idea sites like this exist.
    You can ask me if you have any question, though the video is pretty self explanatory
    Schmidee likes this.
    05-06-13 03:12 AM
    I know there are a lot of sites like this one, but is there any with a mobile version? I assume an app would be illegal, but a mobile site could be possible right?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 03:25 AM
    interesting question... I don't know how they would do that because of the way the ads are set as pop-ups and whatnot. D'you know what I mean?
    Sometime you don't see any ads until you click on these video hosting sites(putlocker, sockshare,etc).
    Still, I believe this type of sites obliterate what Netflix can offer. Can I watch the latest episode of Game of Thrones, Shameless or Homeland or Louie on Netflix just hours after they've aired ? Netflix is good for what it is but come on, this is beyond it and Hulu Plus in terms of content and prompt availability. I really don't get what the fuss about Netflix is all about. like I've said before I have an account and use it on my ps3 every now and then but for the most part all they have a old shows, movies that were released on DVD several months ago, and if they have any current shows, they only have 1 or 2 seasons(The Walking Dead?)
    05-06-13 03:45 AM
    Yeah I get you mean. But there has to be a way to avoid the ads. For instance, Google mobolizer makes any website a mobile version. I tried with a few websites I know, and it works great blocking the ads, but when you need to click on the link to the server, nothing happen, or sometimes there is no link to click. I've tried with www.btvguide.com and www.free-tv-project.com or something like that.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 03:51 AM
    Do you have to create an account?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 04:03 AM
    Yeah I get you mean. But there has to be a way to avoid the ads. For instance, Google mobolizer makes any website a mobile version. I tried with a few websites I know, and it works great blocking the ads, but when you need to click on the link to the server, nothing happen, or sometimes there is no link to click. I've tried with Watch TV Shows online, Full episodes, Seasons, Series, News - Btvguide and www.free-tv-project.com or something like that.

Posted via CB10
    Right, I get what you mean as well. To be completely honest, the ads don't even bother me anymore because they're not displayed during the video(like they do on Youtube), but rather before you can press play on the video. I've grown used to doing it since I also have to do it on my laptop, it's become second nature really.
    Like I showed on the video, it take 2 seconds to close the pop up, literally 2 seconds.

@PH_BB: You don't have to create an account, you just do exactly as it was shown on the video. I suppose having an account may have some benefits but frankly, I don't think it's worth it.
    05-06-13 04:44 AM
    Cool. I'll check it out. Seems pretty similar to Motion Empire so shouldn't create too many problems when watching. Thanks for sharing and the video too.

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    lgfaver likes this.
    05-06-13 05:05 AM
    Cool. I'll check it out. Seems pretty similar to Motion Empire so shouldn't create too many problems when watching. Thanks for sharing and the video too.

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    yeah, they're pretty similar, however unlike with MotionEmpire, you won't find many deal links on 1channel. In the end, you know what you're doing, that video is aimed at the people who really haven't got a clue of where to look for this type of content and think Netflix is the be all and end all of streaming tv shows and movies.
    05-06-13 05:22 AM
    Do you have to create an account?

Posted via CB10
    No you don't.
    And you don't need a mobile site. The main one works just fine in the browser. You just have to zoom in.
    05-06-13 06:01 AM
    Thanks for the info. I use to go to crackle.com with my playbook, its another good alternative to netflix.
    05-06-13 06:05 AM
    No you don't.
    And you don't need a mobile site. The main one works just fine in the browser. You just have to zoom in.
    must be pointed out that the zooming in is only needed to navigate the site, once you select the video you want to watch, you can go into full screen mode just like with a YouTube video.
    05-06-13 06:37 AM
    must be pointed out that the zooming in is only needed to navigate the site, once you select the video you want to watch, you can go into full screen mode just like with a YouTube video.
    Yes. It's only to make navigation easier.
    It works great.
    05-06-13 09:27 AM
    Can't really compare Netflix vs 1Channel. Why?
    1. 1Channel is totally illegal
    2. Netflix can stream at HD (ish) and 5.1 sound
    3. 1Channel is ad-based, Netflix is not

I know what you are trying to say, but there are decent reasons to have Netflix. For kids shows, it's great. Meaning you don't have to go through 3 layers of ads (many of which are inappropriate for youngsters), and it's quick to pick what they'd like to see. It all comes down to how legal one wants to keep oneself I guess. Sure, torrents are easily accessible, but that doesn't make them legal. Same with this site (and the many others which are out there). 1Channel isn't anything new, though; been around for a few years by now.
    barnfoot likes this.
    05-06-13 09:38 AM
    For how many people claim to be desperate for Netflix, this thread sure has too few responses. Maybe if I changed the title to "Netflix problem solved" or something like that lol

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 09:41 AM
    They don't actually want the Netflix app.
    They just like to complain that there's no official one. They do it for Skype and instagram too.

All of which can be side loaded.
    05-06-13 11:53 AM
    Well, I for one use Netflix because I don't get adds and they do a good job at giving you a kids section.

II can't deal with the adds. The legality is another issue I don't feel like getting into. I don't watch much TV, so that's from my perspective and opinion.

To each his her own I guess.

Still nice to know you're bringing it to the attention of those that would be interested.

BBX-I Said it
    05-06-13 12:45 PM
    For how many people claim to be desperate for Netflix, this thread sure has too few responses. Maybe if I changed the title to "Netflix problem solved" or something like that lol

Posted via CB10
    perhaps there are not a lot of responses since people want a legal alternative and do not like using this site since they may have issues with copyright infringement?
    05-06-13 01:16 PM
    perhaps there are not a lot of responses since people want a legal alternative and do not like using this site since they may have issues with copyright infringement?
    Exactly.

Don't think it's accurate to compare a paid subscription service to 1 channel which streams all pirated content.

Call it "Free" but for the not so savvy user its loaded with pop up ads and with one wrong click, they can end up installing software that's not needed.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    05-06-13 01:23 PM
    Lots of crying in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 01:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Speaking for me, I have Netflix working just fine. And I avoid pirated content.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 01:28 PM
    Movie2k.to has no ads I believe. Try that site

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 01:49 PM
    completely agree, to each their own. Just posted this for those who are not even aware an option like this exists. For those who do and still prefer to opt for a paid service, it's all well and good, it's their prerogative. The way I see it is it's the studios/networks own fault for not making this stuff available to consumers. It's no different that your wireless provider not being efficient/quick enough when it comes to releasing updates. What do we all do? we look for alternatives and load other carriers updates. If Netflix provided everything 1channel and other streaming sties offer it'd be a whole nother discussion but no... networks and studios are greedy and refuse to release content in that way... in the end they're losing money to streaming sites who pay them nothing. Not calling anyone a sucker for choosing to keep it what they feel is "100% legal", just saying everyone is entitled to get their content any way they want as long as they're not committing an illegality, which btw streaming from these sites is not. Torrenting is a whole different animal because you're downloading/owning content, therefore violating piracy laws. Streaming is not illegal.
    05-06-13 02:02 PM
    completely agree, to each their own. Just posted this for those who are not even aware an option like this exists. For those who do and still prefer to opt for a paid service, it's all well and good, it's their prerogative. The way I see it is it's the studios/networks own fault for not making this stuff available to consumers. It's no different that your wireless provider not being efficient/quick enough when it comes to releasing updates. What do we all do? we look for alternatives and load other carriers updates. If Netflix provided everything 1channel and other streaming sties offer it'd be a whole nother discussion but no... networks and studios are greedy and refuse to release content in that way... in the end they're losing money to streaming sites who pay them nothing. Not calling anyone a sucker for choosing to keep it what they feel is "100% legal", just saying everyone is entitled to get their content any way they want as long as they're not committing an illegality, which btw streaming from these sites is not. Torrenting is a whole different animal because you're downloading/owning content, therefore violating piracy laws. Streaming is not illegal.
    Yep! I never download any movie/show ect, ect. Always just only stream. Mostly for a couple of US TV shows mainly, rarely for movies now. Not only is this to stay legal, but so no nasty stuff gets downloaded onto my PC/device/phone to mess it up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with love from my Z10
    05-06-13 02:45 PM
    1Channel explained. Better than Netflix plus it's FREE-img_00000318.png

Oh well...

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 02:53 PM
    I'm pretty much happy with my Netflix sideloaded

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 02:53 PM
48 12