I bought a new 100-3 Z10 from Canada that was locked to Rogers and I bought the unlocked code from cellunlocker.net. I unlocked the phone with my T-Mobile SIM and I am now running on the TM 4G network.

I received two OTA updates after I setup the phone, one was around 350MB and the last one was 768MB and now when I shut down the phone, I have the T-Mobile screen logo. I also have the T-Mobile My Account app. This must have been part of the second update when it detected my sim card and network.

I absolutely love this phone, I came over from the iPhone 5 and I am not looking back. After using this for the last three days, I am hooked. The OS took a couple of days to get used to, but once I mastered what I needed to know, this device is a joy to use.

Those of you out there who are thinking of buying one, buy it and give the device a chance. I think you will be very pleased and my hats off to the blackberry engineering team for coming up with a beautiful device.
    03-08-13 02:25 PM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 02:48 PM
    Rogers doesn't have the HSPA bands 1,4,8 that tmo uses.

Are you just concerned about LTE? I myself am looking to get a BBZ10 that will work on all Tmo frequencies in the US.

I think Wind in Canada is the best bet.
    03-12-13 04:12 AM
    So far I am getting great 4G on T Mobile, I have even seen a LTE icon pop up. The last update I received. 85 even had the T Mobile My Account app and now it has the T Mobile start up and showdown logos.

The phone has worked flawlessly and I am extremely happy with the device.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 04:23 AM
    So far I am getting great 4G on T Mobile, I have even seen a LTE icon pop up. The last update I received. 85 even had the T Mobile My Account app and now it has the T Mobile start up and showdown logos.

The phone has worked flawlessly and I am extremely happy with the device.

Posted via CB10
    So you are getting H+ and LTE?
    03-12-13 04:34 AM
    The Icon is 4G and I have seen a LTE one pop up every once and a while, so I think they might be testing it in my area. I haven't done any speed test, but compared to my factory unlocked iPhone 5 which only got 3G and EDGE, it's a huge improvement.

I think the reason for the 4G is the Z10 has the 1700 band which the iPhone 5 does not have. I read an article that the 100-3 Z10 model I have that was locked to Rogers in Canada is the same one they are going to be using here in the USA. So I think I will be fine for the T-Mobile 4G LTE network when it finally launches here.

So far, I am a happy camper and I hope to see a couple of the apps I used on the Apple IOS make it to the BB World in the near future i.e. eBay, Craigslist, then it would be perfect.
    03-12-13 05:33 AM
    Hi, does UMA (WiFi calling) work? Also, how much did you pay for it in Canada? thanks
    03-12-13 05:41 AM
    I have'ny tried the WiFi calling because I have the T-Mobile unlimited calling, text and data plan. I was lucky because a friend of my cousin in Canada had bought a Z10 for his girlfriend and she wanted an iPhone 5 and mine just happen to be factory unlocked model and worked on his network (fido) so he gave me the Z10 and 150 US for the iPhone 5 I had, you can't beat that.
    03-12-13 05:47 AM
    Your cousins, friend's GF is of dubious intelligence. Anyway, I've been running an STL100-3 on T-Mo (prepaid) since 2013-02-12. It has worked beautifully on the Washington, DC metro area. I've never seen LTE but Speedtest.net has shown up to 14 Mpbs download. I did see it go to EDGE once in a parking garage. I don't have access to HotSpot with the way my SIM is provisioned but BB Bridge to my PlayBook works great. I have access to the Web anywhere on my PB with unlimited data.
    03-12-13 05:57 AM
    I have the Fido model (I'm guessing it's the same as Rogers?) also on Tmobile. I bought it on launch day (Feb 5th), and it has been working really well since then. I love this phone

I'm coming from a Nexus 4
    03-12-13 06:30 AM
    Your cousins, friend's GF is of dubious intelligence. Anyway, I've been running an STL100-3 on T-Mo (prepaid) since 2013-02-12. It has worked beautifully on the Washington, DC metro area. I've never seen LTE but Speedtest.net has shown up to 14 Mpbs download. I did see it go to EDGE once in a parking garage. I don't have access to HotSpot with the way my SIM is provisioned but BB Bridge to my PlayBook works great. I have access to the Web anywhere on my PB with unlimited data.

I have also have the unlimited plan and I have seen mine switch to EDGE every now and then in bad signal areas, but for the most part, I have 4G and I am loving the phone. Did your 10.0.0.85 update have the T-Mobile My Account app and show the T-Mobile logo during start up and shut down?
    03-12-13 06:53 AM
    I have also have the unlimited plan and I have seen mine switch to EDGE every now and then in bad signal areas, but for the most part, I have 4G and I am loving the phone. Did your 10.0.0.85 update have the T-Mobile My Account app and show the T-Mobile logo during start up and shut down?
    I got the .85 update when T-Mo pushed it. I didn't notice any improvement at all. My battery life stayed the same. The touch response stayed the same. In short, .85 meant nothing to me.

Yesterday I used my AT&T SIM and got the 10.0.10.88 update from AT&T. That update really improved my Z10. The battery life is noticeable better (I use Battery Guru to see the actual numbers). Gestures and the keyboard are more responsive and accurate. The overall speed and smoothness is improved. The .88 update is--to me--what others described .85 as for them.
    03-12-13 07:05 AM
    I got the .85 update when T-Mo pushed it. I didn't notice any improvement at all. My battery life stayed the same. The touch response stayed the same. In short, .85 meant nothing to me.

Yesterday I used my AT&T SIM and got the 10.0.10.88 update from AT&T. That update really improved my Z10. The battery life is noticeable better (I use Battery Guru to see the actual numbers). Gestures and the keyboard are more responsive and accurate. The overall speed and smoothness is improved. The .88 update is--to me--what others described .85 as for them.
    I haven't had the phone long enough to experience the pervious software rev's when it comes to battery life and software improvements. So far the battery life on my 100-3 model has been great. I go an entire day and still have plenty of battery life to spare at the end of the day.

The screen response is great and I am loving the phone so far. I think you will see another software update once the phone has been officially released in the USA and I am thinking you might see some of the TM apps like visual voice mail show up. Just my thoughts.
    03-12-13 07:26 AM