Hi there folks,

last night i have turn off my wi-fi in the morning i see lots of msgs appear in the hub that turn on the wi-fi to update the os 10.3.2 ?? i am amazed when did i turn it on my software updates i checked and its off but still the updates are forcefully downloading in my phone whyy??My question is!! Is this user friendly phone ? i don't want any of updates since my phone is working fine, i see many of them having battery issue's when updates installed. my question !! is there any person here to tell me how to turn it off and get rid of this ? i m not turning on my wi-fi it will do start the downloading automatically..

ON the other hand BB is not secure like it was it is in the same race like andriod phones do..also its not have good encryption like in the os7
    07-12-15 06:28 AM
    You only get update notifications, if you have Automatic Updates set to "Off" there is nothing downloaded to your device

So, to be clear about this: you are only notified about the updated version being available for your device. If you open the WiFi connection the updating process will not start by its own, if you have Automatic Updates set to "Off" and you did nothing else with the update notification (if you don't pressed some "Update" or "OK" button in it)
    07-12-15 06:33 AM
    Some carriers are mandating the update to 10.3.2, regardless of your settings. In other words, you have no control over that update. Verizon, I think at&t are forcing the OS update. Waiting to see what T-mo does.
    Genghis2k3 likes this.
    07-12-15 10:26 AM
    You only get update notifications, if you have Automatic Updates set to "Off" there is nothing downloaded to your device

So, to be clear about this: you are only notified about the updated version being available for your device. If you open the WiFi connection the updating process will not start by its own, if you have Automatic Updates set to "Off" and you did nothing else with the update notification (if you don't pressed some "Update" or "OK" button in it)
    Mate i know what you mean by but you see i already told you my updates are still off and like scrannel says above its forcing and get automatically downloading the updates my set is verizon z10 so any chance to turn it off and get rid of this ?? it is still in pause condition
    07-12-15 11:33 AM
    Mate i know what you mean by but you see i already told you my updates are still off and like scrannel says above its forcing and get automatically downloading the updates my set is verizon z10 so any chance to turn it off and get rid of this ?? it is still in pause condition
    I was not aware of this behavior - I guess there is no solution to it
    07-12-15 12:07 PM
    You should install the update even if the phone is working well. There are many security fixes with each update.

Most security breaches or hacks are done one phones which owners hasn't updated their OS for a while

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 12:19 PM

I doubt they will ever do this again as this may be a one-time deal because if the new Cali Kill Switch Law. We're still waiting on Tmo. The Classic is running 10.3.2, but not sure what the status will be on the Q10 & Z10. We presume we will get the update once they sort wifi-calling. As an aside, my Shop Blackberry Z10 (factory unlocked) is being OFFERED 10.3.2, but not forced.
    07-12-15 12:24 PM
    It is a forced download by Verizon, regardless of your settings. It's related to theft deterrents mandated by law. Some have suggested delaying the download by loading the device with large files (the update is over a GB and will tell you how much space you need to clear on your phone.) I don't know if you have that option. If you have the available space, your phone will update the next time it restarts.
    07-12-15 12:26 PM
    Usually everyone's jumping up and down like drunk clowns drooling for the latest update.
    der_mit likes this.
    07-12-15 02:18 PM
    Usually everyone's jumping up and down like drunk clowns drooling for the latest update.
    Yeah, weird isn't it.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.798 SR 10.3.2.516
    07-12-15 04:36 PM