I am back on my iPhone 5 until these folks at T-Mobile USA get off their *** and send us the 10.2 update. I tired of the finger pointing between the carriers and Blackberry. I am still having GMail duplicate contacts and Hub issues on my z10 running 10.1. I sure hope this new guy in charge will improve the way that the updates are released to us the consumer.

It should be like Google and Apple, sent from the Blackberry servers and leave the carriers out of it. They can send the little update they need to connect to their respective networks seperatly. This is a pain in the ***, sitting here waiting for something we should already have.
    11-06-13 08:35 AM
    you're doing it wrong.
    11-06-13 09:01 AM
    you're doing it wrong.
    How am I doing it wrong?? Forget the leaks, I use a Mac and the process does not work on a Mac. I can root, flash ROM's on any Android and/or Apple device using my Mac and VMware with Windows 7 and it works perfectly, but not a Blackberry????WTF. So I am stuck until they release 10.2 here in the USA, so until then, I am on my iPhone 5 with BBM.
    11-06-13 09:06 AM
    Apple has very tight control over their phones. Which is why you cannot get wifi-calling on an iPhone... they won't allow it. (yet?) That's why they control the updates. And one of the reasons I hate their phones. It's their way or the highway. I'll take the highway.
    11-06-13 09:45 AM
    I could give a rats *** about the wifi calling option, I just want the updates send on a regular basis like the competition does.
    11-06-13 10:53 AM
    I could give a rats *** about the wifi calling option, I just want the updates send on a regular basis like the competition does.
    Did you know that you could load 10.2 using your mac?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 01:52 PM
    Spoken like a true iBot (give me what you say I should have!). When I had an Android phone all the forums were screaming the same thing. iPhone is the most locked-down phone on the market. If you don't care about wifi-calling load a freakin' leak. Who's stopping you? In fact GO BACK to iPhone! Your friends are waiting!

11-06-13 02:25 PM
    Spoken like a true iBot (give me what you say I should have!). When I had an Android phone all the forums were screaming the same thing. iPhone is the most locked-down phone on the market. If you don't care about wifi-calling load a freakin' leak. Who's stopping you? In fact GO BACK to iPhone! Your friends are waiting!

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...nnel/sheep.jpg
    Hey hey name calling is a no no

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 02:27 PM
    Truth is truth.
    11-06-13 04:17 PM
    Truth is truth.
    Don't throw stones in glass houses my friend.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5
    11-06-13 06:18 PM
    Some of us rely on WiFi calling.

But as for "the competition" only Apple does that because only Apple had the power to browbeat carriers into doing their bidding. Android, and WP go through the carriers. Apple was able to say "you want the iPhone, you let us do it. If not, we're walking." And at that time, refusing Apple was refusing millions of customers. Other phone companies could say the same thing and the carriers would say "forget it we don't need you." If Blackberry tried that now, the carriers would say "see ya!" I mean T-Mobile already said they won't sell in stores.

And yeah, I mean obviously it'd be nice if carriers stopped being dicks about releasing updates, but almost everyone else has to wait too.
    11-06-13 08:50 PM
    Some of us rely on WiFi calling.

But as for "the competition" only Apple does that because only Apple had the power to browbeat carriers into doing their bidding. Android, and WP go through the carriers. Apple was able to say "you want the iPhone, you let us do it. If not, we're walking." And at that time, refusing Apple was refusing millions of customers. Other phone companies could say the same thing and the carriers would say "forget it we don't need you." If Blackberry tried that now, the carriers would say "see ya!" I mean T-Mobile already said they won't sell in stores.

And yeah, I mean obviously it'd be nice if carriers stopped being dicks about releasing updates, but almost everyone else has to wait too.
    Oops, next post
    Last edited by bakron1; 11-07-13 at 03:41 AM.
    11-07-13 03:24 AM
    I understand that some folks need the wifi calling option and I can accept that, but just remember that the longer it takes to get updates and when the stores stop carrying your product because the consumer no longer wants it, well I let you and the BB faithful figure that out for yourselves.

The first thing the new guy in charge needs to do is improve the relations between the consumer and the folks carrying their products or anything they do in the future will be for nothing.

And yes I am using my iPhone 5 because myself along with some of my employees are still having issues with 10.1 on our z10's which by the way we bought the day it was launched here in the USA.

So if if that makes me an iSheep or whatever the BB faithful want to call me so so be it, at least I don't get duplicate GMail contacts, My deleted mail goes to the trash like its suppose to and my notifications work properly.

I am hoping some of these issues are fixed on 10.2 or my decision to covert my company from being a loyal BB users to IOS might be a reality.
    WanShark69 likes this.
    11-07-13 03:35 AM
    Could you please tell us what radio you installed? I am in the same boat as you - need WiFi calling at home.

I have an unlocked rogers stl 3
    I am on t mobile I installed the 10.2 454 os.The Wifi calling stopped working. I need wifi calling at home b/c I don't have cell service.but I got Wifi calling working by side loading the Wifi calling app bar file then running a different radio file I found in leaked thread using the autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 05:54 AM
    I'm kinda with you as I keep switching to my android phone ( do miss the physical keys on my Q10) but the shortcomings of 10.2 and no WiFi calling for the 10.2 leaks are ridiculous - hopefully T-Mobile will get its head out of its anal cavity soon.
    I also have a question that I hope someone can answer - is there any way that an individual can change the data plan on line , e.g., on the my T-Mobile site? It's a PITA to have to keep calling TMO every time I want to move the SIM from my BB to android and back? I remember that you used to be able to do this but I cannot seem to find it now?

I understand that some folks need the wifi calling option and I can accept that, but just remember that the longer it takes to get updates and when the stores stop carrying your product because the consumer no longer wants it, well I let you and the BB faithful figure that out for yourselves.

The first thing the new guy in charge needs to do is improve the relations between the consumer and the folks carrying their products or anything they do in the future will be for nothing.

And yes I am using my iPhone 5 because myself along with some of my employees are still having issues with 10.1 on our z10's which by the way we bought the day it was launched here in the USA.

So if if that makes me an iSheep or whatever the BB faithful want to call me so so be it, at least I don't get duplicate GMail contacts, My deleted mail goes to the trash like its suppose to and my notifications work properly.

I am hoping some of these issues are fixed on 10.2 or my decision to covert my company from being a loyal BB users to IOS might be a reality.
    11-07-13 06:05 AM
    Don't throw stones in glass houses my friend.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5
    My, so profound. I remember when everyone was waiting for T-Mo to push their MR (plenty whining) and then when it came out it was more stable than several of the earlier versions. I also remember that T-Mo was the first US carrier to release 10.1. The bottom line is if you don't want to wait for the legit 10.2, you can load a leaked version. In fact you can even get wifi-calling to work, if you're willing to load a different radio.

But... we all know this don't we? But to come on here ranting (yes, and cursing) because you can't get exactly what you want AND NOW... is pretty pathetic.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    11-07-13 08:03 AM
    My, so profound. I remember when everyone was waiting for T-Mo to push their MR (plenty whining) and then when it came out it was more stable than several of the earlier versions. I also remember that T-Mo was the first US carrier to release 10.1. The bottom line is if you don't want to wait for the legit 10.2, you can load a leaked version. In fact you can even get wifi-calling to work, if you're willing to load a different radio.

But... we all know this don't we? But to come on here ranting (yes, and cursing) because you can't get exactly what you want AND NOW... is pretty pathetic.
    READ MY POST!!! I use a Mac's in my business and the autoloader function to install the leaks will not work on a Mac. I should not have to be installing leaks if the updates where released in a timely manner. And as far as me ranting, I have been using Blackberry's since 2006 and I have put up with allot of crap with hardware and OS issues since that time and if I want to express my opinion, then so be it.

I always thought this was an open forum, but lately if you not telling someone how great and wonderful your Blackberry device is, your considered a troll, iSheep and/or fanboy and thats not how I thought an open forum was suppose to work.
    11-07-13 08:37 AM
    T-mobile - 10.2 - WiFi calling - Q10

Can someone spell out which radio is needed and where to get the radio to get this combination working? Would greatly appreciate it.
    Jim Wolfson likes this.
    11-07-13 11:56 AM
    Personally, I am thankful TMobile is trying to make sure the 10.2 roll out goes smoothly. I was anxious with what seemed like forever for them to roll out 10.1 but was super satisfied with the product. I subscribe to the "people will remember how well you do something much longer than how fast you do it" school of thought. 10.1 works great for me and I expect 10.2 will also. Chill.

Posted via CB10
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    11-07-13 04:30 PM
    Personally, I am thankful TMobile is trying to make sure the 10.2 roll out goes smoothly. I was anxious with what seemed like forever for them to roll out 10.1 but was super satisfied with the product. I subscribe to the "people will remember how well you do something much longer than how fast you do it" school of thought. 10.1 works great for me and I expect 10.2 will also. Chill.
    I concur!

Pushing it to the imaginary limits here, but...
    I hope they just choose to skip 10.2 and go straight to 10.2.1.
    Working just as wonderfully as their 10.1 and MR has.
    11-07-13 04:36 PM
    I'm all for T-Mobile making sure the roll out goes smoothly, but I am not sure what that has to do with someone on the forums providing information on how to get Wi-Fi calling working on T-Mobile with 10.2? If you want to wait for it, good for you. If someone has figured out a way to make it work, I'd appreciate them sharing.
    11-07-13 04:42 PM
    I'm all for T-Mobile making sure the roll out goes smoothly, but I am not sure what that has to do with someone on the forums providing information on how to get Wi-Fi calling working on T-Mobile with 10.2? If you want to wait for it, good for you. If someone has figured out a way to make it work, I'd appreciate them sharing.
    Huh?
    Why not try asking nuangel2 about his method in this thread. Or, even send him a PM.
    I'm sure he would be happy to provide that information to other like minded members.

HTH
    11-07-13 04:59 PM
    Yes when at my PC again I will gladly check which radio file I loaded and post it here.

Posted via CB10
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    11-07-13 05:21 PM
    I have an unlocked STL 3 running Rogers latest 10.2. 0.1791.I sideloaded the t mobile wifi all the ran an autoloader of 811 radio.wifi calling works fine sound is clear and I have not had any issues with my z10.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 05:54 PM
    That was sideloaded wifi calling app then run the 811 radio autoloader

Posted via CB10
    sophace likes this.
    11-07-13 05:57 PM
176 ... 34567 ...