Any word on when this is happening stateside?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 11:44 AM
    Anyone know.....waiting patiently to update my Q10
    11-05-13 11:48 AM
    Check out here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/t-f68/w...ased-t-853491/

Bottom line is this...your guess is good as mine. However the good news is you do not have to wait. You can download an official 10.2 from another carrier using the Sachesi method. I am on AT&T and have been running 10.2 leaks since they have come out, but now I am on the Telus official 10.2.0.1791 (10.2.0.424) since a couple of weeks ago. Everything runs great!
    11-05-13 01:03 PM
    How do I download it
    I'm on att in Los Angeles
    12-16-13 12:37 AM
    How do I download it
    http://m.crackberry.com/how-get-os-102-update-right-now

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    12-16-13 12:41 AM
    Coming soon

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 02:13 AM
    How do I download it
    if your phone is unlocked,
    just buy a Rogers Sim card from eBAy(around $5) & put it in your phone & update the phone.
    that's it. no need to worry about leaks & you have a carrier released genuine OS.
    since Rogers release latest OS ASAP, you can use that sim card for future releases also.
    12-16-13 09:30 AM
    I have an unlocked GSM Z10 that a bought from Blackberry. If I use the Rogers Sim to update to 10.2, and then put my ATT Sim back in the phone, will the phone downgrade back to the BB10 version supported by ATT? I notice that when I put the ATT Sim in the phone, it automatically loaded some ATT apps and ring tones. I'm using the Z10 with an ATT GoPhone prepaid Sim if that helps.

I'm new to having an unlocked phone, so I apologize if this seems like a stupid question. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.
    12-16-13 10:06 AM
    I have an unlocked GSM Z10 that a bought from Blackberry. If I use the Rogers Sim to update to 10.2, and then put my ATT Sim back in the phone, will the phone downgrade back to the BB10 version supported by ATT? I notice that when I put the ATT Sim in the phone, it automatically loaded some ATT apps and ring tones. I'm using the Z10 with an ATT GoPhone prepaid Sim if that helps.

I'm new to having an unlocked phone, so I apologize if this seems like a stupid question. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.
    No. The phone will never "downgrade" the OS.

AT&T is just tossing it's few useless items back on the thing.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 10:11 AM
    No. The phone will never "downgrade" the OS.

AT&T is just tossing it's few useless items back on the thing.

Thank you for answering my question. I guess the next step is to buy a Rogers Sim on eBay.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 10:37 AM
    if your phone is unlocked,
    just buy a Rogers Sim card from eBAy(around $5) & put it in your phone & update the phone.
    that's it. no need to worry about leaks & you have a carrier released genuine OS.
    since Rogers release latest OS ASAP, you can use that sim card for future releases also.
    I asked this in another "update" thread but I don't recall which one so I'll ask again, here:

If one uses a Rogers sim card while in the USA, how does the data work? Are you downloading the OS over data or wifi? Can data charges be large? You don't have to register with Rogers when trying to use their sim card for this OS aspect?

Thanks.
    12-16-13 12:10 PM
    Kind of annoyed that everyone who pre-ordered their Z10's on AT&T has to wait for the latest update.
    12-16-13 01:27 PM
    Kind of annoyed that everyone who pre-ordered their Z10's on AT&T has to wait for the latest update.
    There is no distinction between pre orders, launch day, any other day buyers as to when we get the update.

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    12-16-13 01:29 PM
    I asked this in another "update" thread but I don't recall which one so I'll ask again, here:

If one uses a Rogers sim card while in the USA, how does the data work? Are you downloading the OS over data or wifi? Can data charges be large? You don't have to register with Rogers when trying to use their sim card for this OS aspect?

Thanks.
    Your phone checks into BlackBerry's servers and reports the SIM card in your device, which in turn tells the servers which version of the OS your carrier has authorized you to get.

You should do this update over WiFi both for speed and data plan consumption. I think using the mobile data plan would be crazy IMHO.

I have done this twice with no problems. I do not have a Rogers account or anything, I just bought the SIM card from them and used it to update.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    12-16-13 09:11 PM
    Your phone checks into BlackBerry's servers and reports the SIM card in your device, which in turn tells the servers which version of the OS your carrier has authorized you to get.

You should do this update over WiFi both for speed and data plan consumption. I think using the mobile data plan would be crazy IMHO.

I have done this twice with no problems. I do not have a Rogers account or anything, I just bought the SIM card from them and used it to update.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for that info. Now for the critical part (g) - I have Verizon. So, would I wind up with the wrong RADIO file? Well, a trip to Vancouver is somewhere in the offing anyway. I may have to investigate a Roger's sim card.
    12-16-13 10:56 PM
    Thanks for that info. Now for the critical part (g) - I have Verizon. So, would I wind up with the wrong RADIO file? Well, a trip to Vancouver is somewhere in the offing anyway. I may have to investigate a Roger's sim card.
    That is always a risk, but in this case my coworker used Sachesi to update his Verizon Z10 to 10.2 via the Rogers downloas, and it has worked fine radio and all.

Using Sachesi effectively does the same thing as swapping a SIM, because you get to control which information is reported to the BlackBerry servers. So if you don't have a Rogers SIM, go grab Sachesi and upgrade your device right now.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 07:28 AM
    That is always a risk, but in this case my coworker used Sachesi to update his Verizon Z10 to 10.2 via the Rogers downloas, and it has worked fine radio and all.

Using Sachesi effectively does the same thing as swapping a SIM, because you get to control which information is reported to the BlackBerry servers. So if you don't have a Rogers SIM, go grab Sachesi and upgrade your device right now.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I have already used Sachesi to load an OS. I don't recall which one it got, but it worked for my Verizon phone and I don't think that the OS Sachesi found was for CDMA devices. But, again, it did work. I just thought that going with a Canadian sim card might give me another option.
    12-17-13 09:23 AM
    Yes, I have already used Sachesi to load an OS. I don't recall which one it got, but it worked for my Verizon phone and I don't think that the OS Sachesi found was for CDMA devices. But, again, it did work. I just thought that going with a Canadian sim card might give me another option.
    Going with an actual SIM card just removes the need for Sachesi. Sachesi fakes out the BlackBerry servers into thinking you have a different SIM. So there is no benefit to actually using another carriers SIM over Sachesi except for the fact that you are directly downloading the updates onto your phone from BlackBerry's servers versus going through a PC download and then device push from the PC. I still use the SIM card method because my phone is unlocked and I have a Rogers SIM, so it's "faster" in that it's less steps, otherwise I would use Sachesi.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 11:05 AM