I just updated my z10 to the new os. After it was completed my phone became so slow for a bit and wasn't loading anything... I thought I lost everything. It took a while to go back to normal speed and I was able to find all my pics, videos, etc. So...I decided to download bb link on my macbook to do a backup. Something I should have done a long time ago. I followed the steps and it says it's completed but I'm not sure if it is. Can someone tell me how to know for sure if the backup worked? Is it some sort of backup file and not my individual files?

If it's just a file saved somewhere and not my actual files moved onto my macbook (and accessible), could someone tell me how to drag the files from my z10 to a folder? I'm running 10.8.3 on my computer. When I plug the z10 in via usb my device doesn't show up as a drive so I can't drag/drop anything.

Thanks in advance!
    01-30-14 09:11 PM
    The phone will be slow after an OS update and will take a while to settle down to normal. During this time it is indexing info and so you may see a lag in accessing files. Also, I have noticed that pics music and video take a while to show up - because of the same reason.
    Not familiar with Mac OS but in Windows, this is the way it works;
    "Try performing another backup using Link, make note of the location shown and browse to that folder, you should have a .bbb file which is the backup file." Backups are compressed and encrypted, so you cannot browse folders within the backup
    FF22 likes this.
    01-30-14 09:18 PM
    Its happening the same with my Z10!

The device is so slow I cant even chat on whatsapp. It takes an eternity to open every single app/music/video or whatever I try.

I updated the software 2 days ago and the slowness remains. What can I do? How much time its going to take until it gets back to normal? Even the battery is draining too fast after the software update. Total disaster!

One more thing I did: Reported the bug to Blackberry developers and still no answers.

Please, help!!!
    01-31-14 11:21 AM