I loaded to 10.2 software a few days ago. Overall, I love it. The new features are generally very smooth and user friendly. Even the battery draining issues from the first couple of days have resolved themselves (ie: the Z10 battery is back to 'appalling', as opposed to unusable).

However, I have noticed a couple of issues since installing. I realise it's a leak, so not moaning, but interested to know if anyone else has noticed the same or similar?

I can no longer sync. Facebook notifications so they can appear in the hub natively. It allows me to sync. friends, birthdays and the like within my calendar, but even of I select notifications to 'on', it doesn't stay that way when I save. It often says that I need to install FB from BB World, but it was originally, and I have uninstalled/reinstalled, but to no avail.

Also, in Month mode, my calendar often shows any notes at the bottom for the selected date in duplicate. If I tap on either of the duplicates, it takes me back to the home screen, and then it's back to normal when I go back in. If I just tap on another day, and then back to where I was, it disappears also.

Neither of these are 'biggies', and loading the leak was well worth it, but maybe others have found the same, or even solutions or work-arounds?

Cheers.
    08-09-13 03:07 AM
    Haven't experienced either one of those issues. You say that you deleted Facebook and reinstalled, but did you delete the app AND the account (then reboot!) and reinstall?

My calendar works fine. Check all of your settings for it. Maybe sideload the "dark" calender and see if it doesn't clear up?

BTW, did you do a security wipe after installing the new os? I've found it crucial in clearing up any incompatibility "bugs" that might appear from parts of the old os lingering.

Posted via Zeppelin or Quincy!
    08-09-13 03:58 AM
    Haven't experienced either one of those issues. You say that you deleted Facebook and reinstalled, but did you delete the app AND the account (then reboot!) and reinstall?

My calendar works fine. Check all of your settings for it. Maybe sideload the "dark" calender and see if it doesn't clear up?

BTW, did you do a security wipe after installing the new os? I've found it crucial in clearing up any incompatibility "bugs" that might appear from parts of the old os lingering.

Cheers for that.

Yes, I deleted both the FB app. & the account. It's fine - I get FB notifications by e-mail anyway, so not too fussed.

When I loaded 10.2, I did it via Google Chrome, and had to restore using Link afterwards. I didn't do a security wipe in-between, but the Z10 reset to what seemed to be it's factory state, so I think that is effectively the same? Either way, with these bugs being comparatively minor, I don't think I want to go thru the whole reloading process again, re-sideloading app's and so on. Other than the battery life, my other problem with BB10 is how fussy it can be when setting up e-mail accounts with contact, calendar etc. Think I'll leave it well alone until the official update appears now.
    08-09-13 04:58 AM
    If you were to start creating a backup right now to start the entire reloading process, it should only take an hour or so. The security wipe after loading the os (and before restoring) is a tried and tested method to get the best out of the os.

So, pick a time when you have time. Make it an event like during your favorite TV show. Make something nice to eat, sit in your favorite comfy chair and get'er done. There's no reason you that you shouldn't have a perfectly smooth Z10 experience.

Good luck and God bless.

08-09-13 05:14 AM
    If you were to start creating a backup right now to start the entire reloading process, it should only take an hour or so. The security wipe after loading the os (and before restoring) is a tried and tested method to get the best out of the os.

So, pick a time when you have time. Make it an event like during your favorite TV show. Make something nice to eat, sit in your favorite comfy chair and get'er done. There's no reason you that you shouldn't have a perfectly smooth Z10 experience.

Good luck and God bless.

Thanks for the sentiment - I do realise how long this takes, as I've already loaded 4 leaks. But, as I said, the re-calibrating of the EM accounts against the calendar, contacts and so on will still need to be done after all that anyway, and I cant' be bothered with it all. No only that, I have nearly 1000 contacts, and they all have to be re-linked also. No doubt they'll be another updated 10.2 around the corner anyway.
    08-09-13 05:20 AM