Share the op's experience... took out Sim and rebooted... update was available

Kah
    And where are you?

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 07:41 PM
    I'm setting up a spanking new Z10 from Shop BlackBerry which has no SIM card yet. I got excited reading the post and rebooted the device but got no update notification yet. I'm in Southern California. Hopefully, I'll get the upgrade before sending it to the east coast.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 07:48 PM
    And where are you?

Posted via CB10
    I believe the OP is located in Oregon.

Bob

Posted With Either My BlackBerry Q10 Or Z10 On AT&T
    Last edited by Bob80220; 12-22-13 at 08:17 PM.
    12-22-13 08:01 PM
    I thought another person tried what OP suggested by removing the SIM and rebooting the device and it worked so I asked for this second person's location. Never mind.

Thanks Bob.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 08:20 PM
    No worries...the OP and the one other individual are the only 2 that have posted they were able to retrieve the updated OS by removing their SIM and getting it over WiFi. I have tried numerous times on my Q and Z with no success.

Bob

12-22-13 08:25 PM
    Didn't work for me but I'm in the south. We only get dialup down here.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 08:46 PM
    Yup...total BS posted up by the OP. Deleting this thread would be a good thing.

Bob

Hey Bob..
    Seeing how NONE of us is an authority as to how the carriers do what they do and
    considering you don't know the OP personally, it would be to EVERYONE'S benefit to keep "YOUR OPINIONS" on a civil level.

As I stated before: If you don't believe him, and you think he's yankin' your chain, getting caught up in his trip is exactly what he wants.
    Don't fuel the fire!

But, just because YOU don't happen to agree or believe the OP, while you're entitled to your opinion, it doesn't give you the right to call him a liar.

You're not being kept on this thread by force, ya know!

BTW: I'm running the latest leak on my Z!0 (unlocked) and after going through the process the update came up.
    I'm on AT&T and I'm in Anchorage, Alaska!

Maybe you're not getting it because you pissed someone off at AT&T

Didn't work for me but I'm in the south. We only get dialup down here.

Posted via CB10

You're kidding about the dial up, right?
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 12-22-13 at 10:37 PM.
    12-22-13 10:23 PM
    Maybe you're not getting it because you pissed someone off at AT&T

Yup Lostboy, I'm certain this must be the reason... hahaha

Bob

12-22-13 11:18 PM
    Im in portland oregon area for the record

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 11:44 PM
    I'm setting up a spanking new Z10 from Shop BlackBerry which has no SIM card yet. I got excited reading the post and rebooted the device but got no update notification yet. I'm in Southern California. Hopefully, I'll get the upgrade before sending it to the east coast.

Posted via CB10
    I guess I'm in sort of a similar place you are. (no sim and all...)
    I just got my Z10 from the UPS guy like maybe an hour ago.
    I haven't gotten a Sim card for it yet but when turned I it on and after I connected to my home wi-fi I got a notification for an update
    I'm in Central Florida, but I'm not sure why that would matter since I'm not connected to a cellular network, just in case anyone is wondering
    10.2 arrived for me on ATT-ngqa1cf.jpg
    12-23-13 09:43 AM
    Anyone having any luck in the New England area?

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 10:32 AM
    Hmmmmmm....I guess "my bad" for being skeptical and a doubter. Interesting the update is showing in the Northwest and Southeast...we must be the hole in the donut here in Colorado...hahaha

Bob

12-23-13 11:01 AM
    Yeah I have tried numerous times without the SIM and still haven't received the update. I'm in NY BTW

Posted Via My AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    12-23-13 11:22 AM
    I got so excited last night. But no update yet from att. I'm in GA. Hopefully I'll get this update as a Christmas gift.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 01:20 PM
    Strangely enough there is another thread going about a guy in Europe who got the 10.2.1 update and he's the only one. People were questioning if it was true. He posted screen shots and videos of his device during and after the update.

Z10
    oaknut john likes this.
    12-23-13 02:59 PM
    It appears a few folks are receiving it here, although I preface a few. I am clueless why only a few, and why they are the fortunate ones. A number of us have attempted to retrieve the update the way they received it, but with no luck. I can appreciate a slow roll out, but this is less than dribbling out...hahaha Oh well, my fingers are crossed and I'm hopeful we all will receive the OS 10.2 update by years end.

Bob

12-23-13 03:24 PM
    Hmmmmmm....I guess "my bad" for being skeptical
    being skeptical on the internet seems totally reasonable to me.

Just to add in case anyone cares...looking at my About screen, my model number is STL100-3, this is a factory unlocked phone I got from amazon, and I got the update while I was doing the Initial setup when I first turned it on.

Good Luck everybody, I guess.

and have a great, and safe, Merry Christmas
    12-23-13 03:45 PM
    I have the same model as yours but I haven't received any update notification yet. Must be region specific.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 04:01 PM
    Cause apparently no one else got it. Turned phone off, pulled sim out,turned phone on updated bridge to version 3. Something,turned phone off. Put sim back in and turned phone on. When it came back on about 5 minutes later. Hub shot me an is update to 10.2.0.425 notification. Downloaded right then and here I am. Yesterday at like 7pm or so. Just really trying to see the new stuff in this is. First thing I notice is the notifications in the lock screen pretty cool. Have dark theme in calendar, text and contacts.

Posted via CB10
    What the heck is "bridge"? At this point I'm about to just load 10.2 myself, really don't feel like having to reload contacts, accounts, and apps again. Ugh, come on America give BlackBerry a LITTLE love! I'd really be surprised to see an official release though. I was going to leave att for verizon to get z30 and less than 2 weeks after it released I wad told she couldn't even order one for me. Went back to att almost bought Samsung phone, but couldn't pull myself away from berry even though I knew it's dying, ended up going with z10. Store doesn't have any in stock, was told another store close by did and store a would get it from store b so I could pick it up at store a the next day (this was a week or two ago when the northeast got dumped on with a ton of snow). Of course store a never came through so I went to store b (keep in mind I was told there was a z10 there). Dude at store tells me all stores were supposed to send z10s back to corporate or some crap like that. I was lucky enough to have store b find me a store close to me that had a manager too lazy to send theirs back.
    I'm actually really impressed with this phone, now if I could just get candy crush plus a few other perks I'm looking for out of 10.2 I'd be in love...still missing my 9810 a little.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 10:54 PM
    What the heck is "bridge"? At this point I'm about to just load 10.2 myself, really don't feel like having to reload contacts, accounts, and apps again. Ugh, come on America give BlackBerry a LITTLE love! I'd really be surprised to see an official release though. I was going to leave att for verizon to get z30 and less than 2 weeks after it released I wad told she couldn't even order one for me. Went back to att almost bought Samsung phone, but couldn't pull myself away from berry even though I knew it's dying, ended up going with z10. Store doesn't have any in stock, was told another store close by did and store a would get it from store b so I could pick it up at store a the next day (this was a week or two ago when the northeast got dumped on with a ton of snow). Of course store a never came through so I went to store b (keep in mind I was told there was a z10 there). Dude at store tells me all stores were supposed to send z10s back to corporate or some crap like that. I was lucky enough to have store b find me a store close to me that had a manager too lazy to send theirs back.
    I'm actually really impressed with this phone, now if I could just get candy crush plus a few other perks I'm looking for out of 10.2 I'd be in love...still missing my 9810 a little.

Posted via CB10
    Bridge is an app to connect a bb to a pb. Use http://m.crackberry.com/how-get-os-102-update-right-now and you won't have to reload accounts. It's non destructive like ota. I am on att and used rogers update.

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    Thewaxedworm and extisis like this.
    12-23-13 11:02 PM
    I noticed that the os version is 10.2.0.1803, the software is 10.2.0.429. If that helps anyone at all

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 09:04 AM
    Bridge is an app to connect a bb to a pb. Use http://m.crackberry.com/how-get-os-102-update-right-now and you won't have to reload accounts. It's non destructive like ota. I am on att and used rogers update.

First of all let me say you aare every where curvez! I swear every post I read, you've commented on. Lol.
    ok so here's my question then... will I lose my apps if I do the unofficial official update? if I had to do my contacts and accounts over again, it'd be a pain but not a deal breaker (although you said this isn't the case, which is a plus). However, if I had to repay for the apps I already put on here that would mean all bets are off. I'm already a little upset I paid a few bucks for bebuzz on my 9810 and had to pay $3 for it again on my z10. Great app, worth it I thought, but it is garbage on the z10. Worked flawlessly on 9810 on z10 its not nearly as accurate, but that's a gripe for another post and it's still an app worth having (but def not worth paying for again, and I'm sure it's b/c of the jump from bb7 to bb10 didn't know if the unofficial official jump would cost me again).
    Thanks in advance for the input.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 09:55 AM
    First of all let me say you aare every where curvez! I swear every post I read, you've commented on. Lol.
    ok so here's my question then... will I lose my apps if I do the unofficial official update? if I had to do my contacts and accounts over again, it'd be a pain but not a deal breaker (although you said this isn't the case, which is a plus). However, if I had to repay for the apps I already put on here that would mean all bets are off. I'm already a little upset I paid a few bucks for bebuzz on my 9810 and had to pay $3 for it again on my z10. Great app, worth it I thought, but it is garbage on the z10. Worked flawlessly on 9810 on z10 its not nearly as accurate, but that's a gripe for another post and it's still an app worth having (but def not worth paying for again, and I'm sure it's b/c of the jump from bb7 to bb10 didn't know if the unofficial official jump would cost me again).
    Thanks in advance for the input.

Posted via CB10
    Here is a little secret...apps are tied to bbid and os in this case. So any apps bought on os10 with your current bbid will travel with you (as long as the device is compatible). I.e. Some apps/games don't work on the q etc) I hate I paid for bebuzz on os 4,5,6 before I knew licenses transfer yet they would not transfer to 10 >_< as far as loss of settings? No, I only had to Re validate my email accounts by entering the pw.

Thewaxedworm likes this.
    12-24-13 12:11 PM
    Here is a little secret...apps are tied to bbid and os in this case. So any apps bought on os10 with your current bbid will travel with you (as long as the device is compatible). I.e. Some apps/games don't work on the q etc) I hate I paid for bebuzz on os 4,5,6 before I knew licenses transfer yet they would not transfer to 10 >_< as far as loss of settings? No, I only had to Re validate my email accounts by entering the pw.

I agree. Only had to re validate my non exchange active sync accounts after updating to 10.2.0 with sachesi.

Posted via CB10
    Thewaxedworm likes this.
    12-24-13 01:13 PM
    i keep preaching Sachesi, it really is the safest and "softest" way to update.
    12-26-13 11:55 PM
100 ... 234