Sorry but I could not find an answer and im to excited to update.......Do I need to remove any side loaded apps I have on my
    Z10 before updating to 10.2.1?? I don't understand the difference between side load and how 10.2.1 allows the android apps
    to work. Or will the side loaded app automatically update to the latest version?

Any clarification would be appreciated Thank you!!!!
    01-28-14 06:06 PM
    I'm as new as you at this but so far this is my understanding. The phone has an android virtual machine built in which will run some android apps. Previously you needed a pc to install into this system after turning apk (android files ) into bar files. Now the phone itself can take an apk file and install straight in. As for will they auto update, that's what I was thinking as well. Perhaps if you installed apps using the sideload methid they will also need removed with the same method but shoukd still run just the same.
    01-28-14 06:13 PM
    thanks that gives me a better understand so then I should remove side loaded apps as they are installed differently ??
    01-28-14 06:30 PM
    Someone with a bit more knowledge maybe jump in but I've just looked and any sideloads I installed pre the update are not in either my apps in BlackBerry world or the amazon store to uninstall. That leaves simply deleting them or removing them using the method you side loaded them.
    Going off playbook experience, I was advised to remove them by side load method rather than a simple delete as deleting can leave behind files and folders no longer needed.
    Me personally, I'd do that. But I've just tried a sideloaded app and it still works so if you can find one an alternative from amazon store or similar I would go with that. Looks like you could so either.

Posted via CB10
    marco44 likes this.
    01-28-14 06:51 PM
    Just noticed if you use amazon app store there is a section for updates. I assume you will be notified of android app updates in there.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 06:55 PM
    They will not update when you upgrade to 10.2.1

Go ahead and upgrade

Then grab "snap" there's a how to on the from page of crackberry and get the latest android apps

Posted via CB10
    AWB70 likes this.
    01-28-14 07:24 PM